No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Can't run with Net Zero?
 Author Can't run with Net Zero?
Deleted

Posted: 2003-12-13 22:58   
I have Net Zero Platinum and i cant run the game, it used to be when i conneect to the game in full screen and it shuts off the internet cuz the bar dissapears, but now that i set it in Windowed, I get an error message about somethin like "Failed to Initialize Display" then i saw that one post about it and how the bar staying on top of the screen is makin that error message. so if the game stays on top it wont work, and if the bar dissapears it wont work. what should i do?

Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-13 23:10   
PANIC!
No wait, have you checked the Setup screen and made sure it's okay? System requirements met? Another computer? Internet options? Redownload neccesary? If not that, wait for more answers.

After that, then maybe PANIC!

Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-14 00:15   
I have Juno and Netzero. You should download Juno and use your name on it. If that doesn't work I don't know what will. I have experienced that problem too and I have found no way to fix it. Check it the settings or something.

Email Baron Von Virtu
Raiders
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-28 14:40   
I had the same problem with Juno for a while do you get that box were everytime you close an IE window it trys to disco you? if so when you first open Juno/NetZero hit connect-cancel-hit connect again that should get rid of it and allow you to play. Or yo can do what I did and install Juno 4.0 and run my account off of that. All the stuff they have added in the newer versions seems to just be limiters nothing that actually helps you out.

Death is just the first step along an unknown path

Email Raiders
Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-28 14:50   
The error you name also appears when darkpsace is not the active application while it starts. Maybe one of your prorams is swicthing to be active all the time?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-28 21:22   
Okay, this seems to a be a Net Zero.

first thing is net zero sucks. i dunno about the pay-per-service thing, but it ruins the name. so if you want a real conenction get aohell or MSN

next, Net zero would not affect it because its the "primary application". otherwise, we woudn't be able to run windows (SEE: Explorer under ctrl+alt+delete menu) with DS

Next, I suggest trying DS while your offline, by making a map (or loading one up) in the ds editor (comes with your game). AFter you down with all the click file, then export and run (or something like that)

if ds does not work then, try setup.exe (found in your /Darkspace folder)

Also, make sure you Hardware is correct and plays other games...if it DOESN'T play other games, i suggest you get a new vid card or consult whatever company you made your card

If doesn't work, ask an admin/mod (perfably the admin, since the mod will probablyask you the same things as i just typed here) for help

and if they can't help you...

PANIC

-Ashiya-
Vice Admiral

From: The United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland.
Posted: 2003-12-28 22:11   
to run windowed you need to run in 16 bit not 32

Email -Ashiya-   Goto the website of -Ashiya-
NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-29 00:14   
Quote:
so if you want a real conenction get aohell or MSN

There are better options out there then that. Both of those are crap, and expensive crap at that. As dialup goes you can do A LOT better for your money then either of those.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-29 01:01   
why in gods name would you not upgrade to cable

Page created in 0.025876 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR