No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Worm Hole Device...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Worm Hole Device...
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-25 03:13   
You could say that, but Beta gameflow so far seems to emphasize borders fairly well. The huge ranges actually make it more difficult to cut across the MV.

And since Wormholes can only target objects when trying to go outside their zone, you can't worm-relay.

Not sure if that's a bug...?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-25 09:22   
I definitely see what Roger is saying. It's disheartening, to say the least, to see a small fleet of enemy stations and other ships pop out of nowhere in your system (a system that's not connected via gates to any of theirs) with no warning other than that wormhole sound and flash a second before.

Now, also take note that infantry can be safely unloaded onto an enemy planet with no chance of getting shot down by defense if the station, transport, or whatever gets really, really close to the surface.

Put those two together, the fact that infantry can be unloaded safely, AND that stations can pop out of nowhere ignoring dictors and avoiding early warning, and you may see the problem I see.

Giving wormholes a small random change in destination and the infantry increase on planets does help this situation, but I fear it won't be enough when it goes live when there's tons of stations and other ships. It's already an overwhelming combination in the underpopulated beta. *There's nothing you can do to stop an instant wormhole invasion* (at this time). I want to emphasize that.

I play Kluth, and man this problem is greatly exaggerated with them and their cloaks! I haven't seen more than 1 hive on at a time, but I can imagine what's possible if there were more! Wormholes are being used as an OFFENSIVE weapon, to send enemies into stars and stuff!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-25 09:40   
the 2 cloak problem is annoying....

all you have to do if your sig is going up is speed up....

BIG bug lol not greatly exagerated...its VERY annoying as another team, you may not see that its that good, but we see it ( or dont ), you need at least ( in my case ) 8 ECCM, and i only saw the dread for not more than a second at a time.....very annoying indeed....

Remeber Sparkle that stations can only fly at 5 gu/s...it still gives you a lot of time to shoot it down and / or rally forces to defend the planet...

Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-02-25 11:48   
Quote:

On 2004-02-25 09:22, MrSparkle wrote:
I definitely see what Roger is saying. It's disheartening, to say the least, to see a small fleet of enemy stations and other ships pop out of nowhere in your system (a system that's not connected via gates to any of theirs) with no warning other than that wormhole sound and flash a second before.

Now, also take note that infantry can be safely unloaded onto an enemy planet with no chance of getting shot down by defense if the station, transport, or whatever gets really, really close to the surface.

Put those two together, the fact that infantry can be unloaded safely, AND that stations can pop out of nowhere ignoring dictors and avoiding early warning, and you may see the problem I see.

Giving wormholes a small random change in destination and the infantry increase on planets does help this situation, but I fear it won't be enough when it goes live when there's tons of stations and other ships. It's already an overwhelming combination in the underpopulated beta. *There's nothing you can do to stop an instant wormhole invasion* (at this time). I want to emphasize that.

I play Kluth, and man this problem is greatly exaggerated with them and their cloaks! I haven't seen more than 1 hive on at a time, but I can imagine what's possible if there were more! Wormholes are being used as an OFFENSIVE weapon, to send enemies into stars and stuff!

I dont see any problems here.Stations are going to carry only 13 elits after the patch so what do we have here 13 elits vs 32 so 1 sation isnt enough heck 2 stations are still not enough.At the level of 3 stations its 39vs32 it still might be not enough depending on the build of the planet.Its exaggerating for me.Wormhole device just gets you 500 gus closer to the planet but considering youve got 3-4 stations or a station and support ships to cover the amount of troops needed planet defencys arnt the factor anymore.Its yet another way of transport thats all and considering antimattery jump drive got two times faster recharge times it might even become a disadvantage of course if youve got more then 2 stations its becoming a faster way of transport pluse adding lack of gates it might be even faster considering the max range of amjd but it all depends on how will future mv look.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-26 01:30   
Not to forget the inf has to survive DB fire and activating a wormhole creates a big blue line which screams WE ARE ATTACKING HERE and that wormhole attackers take a few seconds to emerge and that WHs only last 2 minutes.

Case in point, much earlier in beta our ICC fleet was attacking Queenie when Gideon wormholes from Sol in a Station. He landed reinforcement infantry and we pounded him with what he had until he was heavily damaged, by which time he generated another wormhole and warped home. Our combat ships pursued Gideon through his worm and damaged him, but had to return before the worm collapsed. Meanwhile, Queenie was deprived of cover and its defences were damaged by this point, and we quickly bombed off Gideon's remaining infantry and took the planet.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.011021 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR