No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Feb 28/Stress Test discussion
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Feb 28/Stress Test discussion
Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 11:01   
This thread is for discussion of the Feb 28 beta version and the stress test.
If anything's wrong, then let us know so we can fix it ASAP!

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 11:21   
tutorial- basic training -friendly ai ships dont show up on the ship contacts list on nav map, they probably should since theyre supposed to be playing the part of real player (i assume) and they arent trannys running resources around.
also in the narration box, Ihzack is spelled Lhzack
-sensors- tranny supposed to jump in after you get to wecamp, never shows up, cant procede past that point

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 11:29   
I believe that we should set up all the release servers so either they don't show on the release game list, or so they automatically redirect people to the Beta Metaverse server. This should help with getting the most people possible on it.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 11:36   

• Wormhole Device on station STILL does not have its own slot (Ie Jump Gate II). It's bad to have interchangeable devices so JCs can launch wider wormholes.
  • Wormhole sticking still occurs... going through a wormhole should launch a ship 100 gu clear of the wormhole's impact detection radius so stationary ships right on the brink of its location don't get flickered for minutes on end.

-Dem

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 11:54   
Wormhole: Zurai can vouch for the edge bounce effect. He was flickering between wormholes for a while after I opened one up under Dem's station.

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Raiders
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 12:52   
I jumped to cyg A in an engi and was very laggy. After finally being able to move and rejump after getting to the system (5min or so). I continued having really bad chat and game lag. So I tried logging and getting back in the server to see if that helped. While it did seem to help the lag a bit, my ship spawned with no gadgets. So I tried the same thing again with the same result.

I tried going in again after posting this with the same lag issue. It took me almost 10min to get from spawn gate to earth and orbit. I am a 56k and there are 60ppl on the server could it be that? In release I have no issue with it or in beta before the stress test started.

And now I have tried a third time after a break in FA, and cant even spawn from any of the SY or the gate.

Death is just the first step along an unknown path

[ This Message was edited by: Raiders on 2004-02-28 14:42 ]

Death is just the first step along an unknown path

Email Raiders
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-02-28 14:49   
Planet Argrea in Tau Ceti is *i think* having problems whit its zone.

The transports that come near it jump a couple of hundred Gu around.

if I put up for orbit i suddenly get 200 Gu closer * thx scared 10years of my lifespan *

also flying past it at a distance of 300Gu i just slammed right into it.

- Axi

Josef
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-28 16:28   
A wormhole in the sky. This was the destination end. I dont know how it got up that high.

You can see the nebula behind the planet through the cloaked hive.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 16:29   
Sometimes my controls don't seem to respond, or do it laggily...

Email Bobamelius
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 16:51   
@josef, thats common in luyt, probably due to the gas clouds
and i think the cloak is supposed to be that way, not sure

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 17:29   
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGG

Kluth sent a fleet in Sol, couple of hives and some other ships, and everything was paralyzed. Couldn't move, couldn't shoot, couldn't spawn, all we could do is chat...

Email Bobamelius
Spaceflower (Swe)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-28 18:03   
That with seing through ships have i also experienced. And i do ICC in MV. I can see buildings and yellow rombs through my ship when passing a planet. and in some occationa i can see the yellow rombs on another planet behind aswell, if i target it.

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-28 18:18   
I am unable to number my weapons. Whenever i use my Ganglia, it will not allow me to cahnge the numbering on my Psi Missles., I have tried this numerous times before.

-Switch
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Azure.co.uk
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 18:30   
Unable to build any Reactors/reload and some other stuff with factory even when we have all the nesseary requirements. Theres even option to build CL for some reason but it's unbuildable like the reactor. The factory shows you can build em but when you try to click of em they just dont build..

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 18:42   
I spent the afternoon in the beta server building relentlessly and having a generally good time with the rest of the kick ASS UGTO division of the stress testers. I have the following to report:

• The Largest Bug is that Defense Bases are still out of sync. Explosions will appear in mid-air, but you won't see any missiles fly out of them, and this is probably the same for fighters. Needless to say, this defeats the purpose of building planets to defend themselves, and needs to be fixed.
  • The Second Largest Bug happened fairly regularly to the point of being a substantial annoyance, and has something to do with server sync. When building a planet, I wound find myself suddenly unable to scrap buildings (upon second "confirmation" click the game would select the planet)., or tell barracks to train a certain type of troop.
  • The Third Largest Bug may be related to the second. When scrolling through planets to pause/unpause starports or to otherwise mess with buildings (such as barracks), I would randomly get teleported back to another planet whether I was clicking on anything or not. It usually happens when I was scrapping something, hence clicking a button once... which would send me back to the previous planet. However, it sometimes happened with no "stimulus", so to speak.
  • I could see an enemy's /yell to a few of my teammates that were near the enemy, yet I was 2,000,000 gu away. Is this intentional?
  • Construction prestige is finally fixed! God bless you, Faustus!
  • ...Badge bug still exists in game as it has for two and a half years... it would be nice for 1.481 if we could see all our badges correctly in-game and if the correct badges are announced when we receive them.

More to come as I find/remember more.

-Dem

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022889 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR