Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
06/01/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

11th - KORDarkMatter
7th - volcanite

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Feb 28/Stress Test discussion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Feb 28/Stress Test discussion
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-29 17:55   
not bug but VERy important suggestion:

- RMB description for items in starport and factory (RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON click at ITEM should show aditional informations about ITEM (exactly same as when right mouse button click at item in ship) ... this is best way how New player in this game learn about items before he waste his cash to buy something he dont know details about ...)

and editor suggestion:

- i really would like to see ecliptical orbits and i hope this different orbit formula isn't so hard to implement ...

Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-29 18:15   
Well I've got only one thing to say about the Beta MV:

L
A
G

on that have a nice day

stuck in Univercity limbo

Spaceflower (Swe)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-29 18:39   
THE TAU CETI "PROBLEM"

Official report:
It has been known for ICC since the start that Tau Ceti system is EXTREMELY unstable at some points, specially the planet of Argrea. Graphics and THE ACTUAL place of the object is not the same. A way avoid this (but still dangerous around planets) are to put your ship on follow/orbit and then NOT correct the course off your ship.

ICC intelligence report:
We have successfully finished the development of the Molecular Disturbance Beacons (fka Project 341 IFN-67-8823-4732-01) and successfully deployed it all over Tau Ceti sector. Know that this sector now is OFF LIMITS too any ICC vessel except those with CI clearance type 3 and above. Once enemy forces engage the area they should weaken themselves to such extent that a minor fleet would be able to finish them off without too much trouble.

Uppdate:
WARNING: Development team have discovered a way to possibly nullify the effect off the beacons. Take heed. More information coming shortly.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-29 20:01   
Another problems in beta:

- when You loose own planet with starport to ENEMY (captured) then AI transports from that planet KEEP theirs trade routes and coming to our planet and our defence bases ARE SO STUPID they shooting these transports and NOT ENEMY PLAYER ships

this need get fixed as AI is shooting AI = lag

and defence bases must have something like priority level what shoot first (e.g. player is more important that AI transport, enemy player transport ship is more important than enemy frigate ship etc)

otherwise it have no sense to try defend Shipyard planet as every stupid AI enemy transport is coming to that SY and defence IS DEAD ...

- needed Dome l2 with 15 population and l3 with 20 population

Fatal Green
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-29 20:28   
For some odd reason, eventually factories can only build about 1/2 of their shown products. The rest are marked off in red despite there being absolutely no need for more materials.

Email Fatal Green
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-29 22:58   
another balance issues:

- with reduced planet interdictor range come major problem to defend Large and Xlarge worlds ... because simple 1 is not enough to prevent transport drop runs ... i suggest implementation of level 2 for planetary interdictor with 150% or 200% range increase

- ICC l3 bases are laugh , try build 3-4 and watch how long takes to kill 1 AI transport ... awfull long, maybe because guns from defence bases and fighters are terrible innacurate, they were able miss ship cruising at 4gu in like 70% of shots ...

- range of building drones is really awfull short, increase it or add geo sync orbit

- planets rorating around own axis too fast, especially big ones ... many times 1 structure u build is able rotate 360 degrees ... lower that ...

... Ideas? ... that's Ocean w/o borders !

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2004-02-29 23:03 ]

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-02-29 23:34   
In-game /send $clan# no longer works. It's depriving me of sending sarcastic comments to GTN. Now I can only reply to Malduc when he goes "Zap zap zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap <----cl2ks".

Gauss gun targeting systems are really off. It may be just because of the lag, but the only way I can hit anything smaller than a dread is to be behind the enemy and he is not turning.

We've all heard enough of the lag, but it is a problem nonetheless.

Factories won't build half of their items (for me), such as a simple reload that would cost 10 metals.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-03-01 00:56   
And more balancing issues, because building heavy infantry takes long ... there is massive hole for sabotaing planets, simple load all infatry to your ship and excelent builded planet can be captured in some seconds ...

this come in hand with zero distance unload (nearly instant unload time) nor 2-3 icc l3 bases in range can't prevent troops to land ...

i suggest option to set MINIMAL number of troops to prevent troops to be loaded from planet ... (e.g. from planet owner) ...

maybe new type of barracks , bunker or fortress , giving planet infantry defence (barracks +5 light, bunker +10 light +5 heavy, fortress +10 light +10 heavy) and 10% and 20% speed in training increase ...

... Ideas? ... that's Ocean w/o borders !

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2004-03-01 01:02 ]

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-01 01:14   
-I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this, but Level III Def bases are ridulously expensive for what you get. I'd suggest lowering the price and adding some punch to them, they arent particularily effective as is. Torps would make folks think twice about orbiting or moving in close.

-Missiles still seems ridulously easy to dodge.

-That damn chatbox won't go away. Please fix it so you dont have it just sitting there waiting to type in if you accidently press "enter".

-I couldn't find out how to lock planets. I was promoted to 1stLt., and I wanted to throw my rank around, and I couldn't. I was told it was in the same spot, but no dice.

-Auto transports are great. Unfortuately, while waiting for the resources on a planet to build up, the starport will gladly sell whatever else that you are hoarding to the lowest bidder. Quite annoying.

-Someone teach Charz how to use a Wormhole Device, please.

-A small fleet of us ICC were attacked in the Luyten nebula by a pack of Gaifens. Holy crap. The damn things not only kept respawing, but we had the above wormhole problem, and the gaifens followed us from one side of the system to the other! They are mean, mean, mean.

More to come,
Bito

*EDIT* look at the sig fly!

Another JackSwift Masterpiece

Attack? I'm too pretty for that...

[ This Message was edited by: AdmBito{Greens Best Buddy!} on 2004-03-01 01:15 ]

Puppies gotta die, too.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-03-01 04:00   
Quote:

On 2004-03-01 01:14, AdmBito{Greens Best Buddy!} wrote:

-Someone teach Charz how to use a Wormhole Device, please.

oneday ill learn, till then you can expect nothing less than Drunken ICC adventures and Hair raising tales of when Gafiens Attack!

The World Is Not Enough

[ This Message was edited by: Vicious on 2004-03-01 04:00 ]

Quinsisdos^4
Vice Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-01 04:07   
In response to the lock problem, only planets that have been captured by your fleet can be locked, which is why GTN caps Earth and keeps a FA lock on it to prevent silly people from messing with it.

-=We Are GTN, You Will Be Fluxed, Resistance is Mandatory=-

Email Quinsisdos^4   Goto the website of Quinsisdos^4
NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-01 05:45   
I played beta for 2 hours and a bit, Tau Ceti system. There were 40 clients online in the metaverse, maybe 10-15 in the system. I had 8 kills and died 6 times, entirely from lag related planet collisions. Most likely due to the obscene number of fighters in the system.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Lord Helmchen
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-01 08:30   
I was in a Long Range Scout Orbiting Earth and logged off .
one minute later i logged in again and i was in front of earth in my scout again but had NO systems. There was no system visible and no free slot.. just nothing. I was not able to jump or shoot. My speed was about max. 3 and acceleration was very very slow.
So that was not a display failure but i really had no systems.

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2004-03-01 09:08   
Ive only found some minor bugs and i think all have been mentioned, such as, and i know dem put out a announcement about play time how you had to log out then log back in, well i did that, again, and again, and again, finally after i do believe the 4th or 5th time i got a time count.

Another bug is again as mentioned there was no lock button, even on a UFA planet,

Someone plz take off that chat box it made me cry

Logging off then back in, in about less that a min or a min and a half i had no systems, not they were decharged or taken off, but it just planely didnt show up on my screen.

Worm holes: There stable for too short of a time, poitr opens up a wormhole for a few of us to go through, only problem was i was on the other side of the sun.
so i jumped to get to it, (i was in a Mandable) As my jump was charging it dissappeared, very annoying for both poitr and myself *me more then him* To have to wait 4 minutes just for a few straglers who wernt on the right side of the sun or planet or system to get there just seems annoying to me.

Construction: this annoyed me the most, bulding taf i had enough time to watch Resident Evil while my research went up, c thats how long it took, either cut down the time or put it as 1 research lab= x amount of seconds per research point gained, 2 research labs reduces the time per research point gained (dono if thats already implimented, but it didnt seem like it)

Then there is the now annoyingly famous
/me clicks on build defence base I.
1 second
2 seconds
3 seconds
4 seconds
*Construction started*
/me ZzZzZzZzZz

and plz, implament a upgrade procedure, i really REALLY dont feel like scraping about 20+buildings for better ones (hydro farms, power generators, defence bases, fighter bases, and research labs.)

Thats just what i saw and thought

[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Tart {C?} on 2004-03-01 09:11 ]

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-03-01 09:28   
Tere is one thing that worrys me.The patch developed a tactic which allows to cap planets to quick.The only thing needed is a station and 1-2 tranys.Tranys set their speed to max and station makes wormhole just when they are passing by.They are appearing about 250-750 gus away from enamy planet ,considering they are going max speed they can drop at point blank and get back pretty fast then they are slowing to around 15 gu and station unloads refiles them.With a good hole in the right location 2 tranys can drop 3 times thats almost 60 troops and with a bad about 2 times thats 40 troops.Considerign the player knows how to drop he can droop almost all troops at point blank without loosing any of them.Youll probably ask why is it bad ,the same can be done wiht a jump drive .The problem is this tactic can be done from 1-2 systems away.Even if you dont have planets in the proximity of targeted enamy planet. You can get 2-3 stations and get to any given system in less then 1 min .What will prevent us e.g from caping Earth in less then 1 min after the patch ? This isnt good in my eyes .I dont know if it was intended or not but it needs a looking closer to it.

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-San on 2004-03-01 09:29 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021585 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR