No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +9.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Version 1.481 Fixes...
 Author Version 1.481 Fixes...
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-03-03 10:50   
The following fixes/changes will be going online shortly...

- Fixed the sync problem when you get disconnected, and reconnect.
- Adjusted the load-balancing math, to avoid zones switching back and forth between backend servers.
- Fleet faction changes no longer require a full MV reset. (In other words, if you change your fleets faction, your faction will change in-game now)
- Optimized the navigation screen to handle the larger number of objects in the MV. (You will now only see objects within 250k gu around your ship in your contact buttons)
- Added some more debugging options for memory tracking, etc... so we can fix the final memory leaks.

-Richard

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2004-03-03 10:51 ]

Goto the website of Faustus
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-03 10:54   
Woot! Wait... we won't be able to see all of the new Sol on the nav map now hehe

-Dem

Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-03-03 18:37   
- Optimized the navigation screen to handle the larger number of objects in the MV. (You will now only see objects within 250k gu around your ship in your contact buttons)
That point worrys me a bit.Now its way more difficult to orgnise players and have good overlook of mv situation.I know it was adding a little of lag but the cost was justified.Having the ability to see where are battles happaning and enamy movment added a lot to the mv.Just that one ability was one of the best advantages of the new mv.

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-San on 2004-03-03 18:39 ]

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-03 18:45   
Piotr, I agree with you, however my first impulse is to see how this goes for a while... after all, we still get reports if planets are attacked. This system is actually more realistic. Battles in certain sectors will take word of mouth if people want to know about them, rather than just being able to see everywhere at all times.

-Dem

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-03 18:58   
It's universally disliked Demorian. You cannot see your allies, you cannot know if the enemy is attacking one of your systems, and it hinders gameplay because of it.

I actually think it's less realistic. I think your faction's planets would report enemy activity asap, and you'd receive those reports asap. AND, since there's such things as jumpgates and instant shipyards, there's no reason why that sort of communication would be delayed between systems (hence the instant reports about planet attacks etc. in far away systems before).

Now, you're basically blind and your faction's systems are sitting ducks with no way to defend themselves. You can't even see where your allies are.

I'm confident it will revert back to the old system. This one's no good, just makes it harder to play. There may be changes involved such as elimination of the less useful reports, but in general, more communication and more information is a good thing.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-03 19:03   
Wait... so you can or cannot see Distress Signals from planets in other systems?

-Dem

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2004-03-03 19:04 ]

Therax Anrak
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-03 19:21   
You can see distress signals, but you cannot see ship contacts on the nav map. I suggest a hybrid: I like having the planet contacts buttons displayed only for planets within your current system. It was confusing before to have a mix of planets listed, some of them in the same system, and some of the millions of GU away. However, please give us back the full listing of friendly and detected enemy ships, regardless of distance. It's difficult to organize and to get a quick feel for the current strategic situation without those contacts.

Peachy
1st Rear Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-03-03 19:36   
have to agree i spent a little time in MV tonight, had no idea where anybody was. Barely saw a soul and bored left for Grand Admiral.

That said I do like new version, just some teething problems.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-03 20:11   
I dunno where the K'luth were, the ICC were invading Sol.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-03 20:17   
Therax said it perfectly. That's what we need. Only the planets in your system will show, but friendly and enemy ships will show up no matter where they are.

How about a slight color change for friendlies/enemies in other systems? What about greyish icons for friendly ships not in your system, and an orangish/roseish color for enemies? That way, you can still tell who's nearby and who's elsewhere.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-04 16:48   
Maybe we need two modes in Navigation. One mode for seeing locally and one for MV-wide.

Email Tbone
Page created in 0.022518 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR