No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +7.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » 1.481 Fixes for 3/8/2004 [Delayed until Tuesday]...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author 1.481 Fixes for 3/8/2004 [Delayed until Tuesday]...
TAZ
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-08 17:29   
Quote:

On 2004-03-07 11:41, Gideon wrote:

As I understand it, this is how it works:

You ship is locked to the shipyard you docked it at. You can still change your spawn point freely, and spawn a new ship at a different shipyard. However, you may only take a ship out of your storage at the same shipyard you docked it.

No, I do not know what happens to your ship if the shipyard it is docked at is destroyed or captured.

My guess it will either:

1 - Be selectable from the home gate only.

- or -

2 - Be eliminated from the game (lost).

I vote for option two, lets be realistic, was the Navy able to respawn thier battleships after Pearl Harbor was attacked, were they even able to move them......NO!! They had to rebuild first. This only makes sense in a game that is attempting to become more realistic! If your ship is docked at a ship yard and the ship yard is destroyed/captured then you should loose it!!

Also it makes sense that when you respawn at a new ship yard it should be that ship yard that has to build your ship. You dock your ship at one ship yard and go by virtual transport to a new one that has been built for you at the next ship yard.

If you want to get there any other way, for instance with your modded ship.....well thats what wormholes, jumpgates, and jump drives are for!!

this way if the planet doesnt have the resources to build it.....you aint flying it.....unless you bring it in from somewhere else.....IMHO its a great idea!!

Email TAZ   Goto the website of TAZ
Varz zZz zz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-08 17:37   
I'd just be happy if there was less lag =)

[ This Message was edited by: Varz on 2004-03-08 17:39 ]

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-08 18:29   
wow this really sucks, i like how u can easily travel around without having to wait 10 minutes

Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-08 18:41   
Yes Taz, but remember that realism in DS is secondary to fun, this is a game after all. We want players to join DS to have fun playing the game, not go ooh ahh this is so realistic and never touch the game again because it's no fun.

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-08 19:01   
At the risk of legal issues...

We don't want this to become Battleship 3000AD or any other part of that series.

Please don't sue, Mr. Programmer of these titles!

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Keja Dogo {C?} (Master windoo)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-08 19:10   
If i'm reading this right, all it means is that you can't spawn a moded, troop filled ship at at shipyard that doesn't have the capability. you can still spawn ships anywhere, and if the sytem doesn't have a moding planet then tough. Infact it's a positive change in this sence, it means that the percentage of moded ships will decrease dramatically in a system that does't have a shipyard AND moding planet. There's only one thing that should be said on this matter: Good job faustus.

P.S. lol this ALLMOST impliments the same end result as my Home Guard idea. ...ALLmost But people just said "NO UBER SHIPS" to that, now the same people are saying no to LESS uber ships.... you just can't please some people.

[ This Message was edited by: Keja Dogo {C?} on 2004-03-08 19:13 ]

\"If you place a thing in the center of your life, that lacks the power to norish, it will eventually poison everything that you are, and destroy you. As simple a thing as an idea, or your perspective of your se

-Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-10 17:26   
*whistles a catchy tune and looks at the taskbar date*

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\r\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n
Site Director - The Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace

lilFrigate (Marys Soldier)
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-10 17:46   
TAZ please please, this is a game, don't compare it to real life or world war 2 events, or the navy. losing a ship you left in a shipyard because you logged off and people at 3 in the morning took over the planet you left it at is ludicrous. that might have worked in the old version where credits were easy to come by. but only veteran players have enough credits stored up to get by....the newbies have to rely on them for hand outs.

Equilibrium!

AgentStarblazer
1st Rear Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-10 18:40   
it's 1.481 all over again!

Goto the website of AgentStarblazer
3 of 5 [Hugh]
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-10 21:29   
About this shipyard thing, about spawning ONLY at the one you entered and left the game at. What happens to your ships if that system, and its shipyard(s) falls into enemy hands? If what I hear is true, I'd hate to lose a heavily modded ship to such a thing.

Email 3 of 5 [Hugh]
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-03-10 21:30   
first off, Why the heck is there even a GA coughFAcough...

yeah newbie or cpt yeah i can see those server..

As for the SYs, yeah i support the new changes. I would also add that people should only be able to Garage Parts and not Ships. And if you Log off, your ship will be where you left it.. and at the speed and direction you left it going!(unless in gate or yard) Some of you people are so childish and Lazy that the only thing you can see is the Space Bar. I Say this because this is a Space Sim, (if you want me to define simulation i will) and b4 the WHs were put in the beta there were SYs. Ship yards are not there to be used as you would the Underground or subway, Ship Yards are there to Act as a Change of Ship, not a Change of location, And thats the big idea. Yeah some of you are right when you say people wont like not being able to get to the front as easily, heck ive even become acustomed to the ease of change. I think that its a step in the right direction, because this sim is supposed to be about tactics.. not cheap tactics, and the SY is not ment to be a WH aka gate system.

3 of 5 [Hugh]
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-10 21:52   
To bring up other thing, which doesnt seem to be covered, or I just don't properly understand what's being said from among all this squabble. What happens to your ship if you log off while in the middle of nowhere? I.E. Alpha Centauri and Luyten? Or Epsilon Eri and Wolf 359? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this bit at the moment, as it is hard to get a clear answer from my reading this thread.

Email 3 of 5 [Hugh]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.021392 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR