No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +15.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Fighter bay size changed to 5...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Fighter bay size changed to 5...
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-10 06:52   
Quote:
woot woot .lets just take everything away from the ugto.
now the carrier dread is useless.
bomber fighters r now useless.
fighters r useless.
might as well just remove the ugto from the game cause they've been nerfed to hell in this patch and are now really useless.
how about nerfing someone else for a change?

... dood, shuddup (sorry, i wont put up with pathetic UGTO pilots crying that UGTO were nerfed) ... cause uh... we werent.

CD useless? no, now it's not the completely-all-powerful-bomber-able-to-wipe-a-system-clean-in-no-time ship. (aka, it's been *gasp* balanced).

fighters useless? uh... this is just plain idiotic reasoning? ok, so 8 fighter bays, and 5 fighters... 40 fighters... hrm... THATS STILL A LOT OF FIGHTERS! *rolls eyes at the whining UGTO*

as for UGTO being useless? uh... i can still kick most poeples butt in my EAD, the TC can now actually COMPETE with the AC (wait, didnt the ICC get nerfed via the AC *gasp* looks like someone else got nerfed)

OH, and dont let us forget Kluth lost CL2ks... wait... that's another nerf!

so smith (and any other UGTO that share his feelings) please shuddup, stop whining that you arent getting things your way (my 7 year old cousin does that), and make do with the balance changed. cause if you are cryin about this, then you're gonna probably through a tantrum when 1.482 comes around.

oh yeah and flyer:
Quote:
UGTO has been nerved a lot now
-flux has become a heavy weapon (byebye fluxdread) and systemdamage seems to be reduced greatly

flux dread=lameriffic (aka not a very balanced ship). therefore, it was not a nerf, it was a fix (since it could disable a ship with the hit of one key, which SHOULD NOT be able to happen)

[/quote]-the CD has lost almost all of its effectifness (this was the big advantige for ugto) [/quote]
please see my above statement.

Quote:
-flux beams are not mountable anymore on anything else then the heavy supply

... ok, i gotta agree with this one, that totally sucks, and i'd like to see flux back, but i'll deal with it.

Quote:
-carrierbay reduction (carriers can only be used in orbid and BD must reload faster)

actually, carriers can be used while not orbiting... it's called a supply ship. and what about the BD?

so in closing... please dont listen to those UGTO that whine, the represent a small fraction (i hope), so please dont judge the rest of us on the actions of those few people.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-10 09:34   
I was one of the beta testers that suggested flux waves be heavy weapons (I also didn't expect them to be worthless now like they are, is that due to a systems damage bug?)

Cmon face it, flux waves replacing cannons? May as well have torpedoes replacing cannons too, or cl2k replacing cl300! It just wasn't a good trade off when modding. Flux waves back in .480 were a devastating weapon. Now, that devastating weapon was letting people keep all their heavy weapons and only lose some puny cannons! And it was allowing battle dreads to mount tons of em! Battle dreads were designed to utilize normal weapons. Flux waves seemed way to powerful to qualify as a normal weapon to me.

Does anyone actually use one now though? What's making them so useless? I've heard that it's a nerf to flux, and I've heard that it's a bug with system damage?

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-10 09:37   
Doh what's my reply above got to do with fighters? Lol sorry.

Anway, this change won't affect lag due to fighters one bit like everyone already said. I don't think anyone has ever had their fighter bays deplete to 5 or less?

AdmiralChaos III
Midshipman

Posted: 2004-03-10 10:38   
Quote:

On 2004-03-10 06:52, Lith Ragond wrote:
Quote:
woot woot .lets just take everything away from the ugto.
now the carrier dread is useless.
bomber fighters r now useless.
fighters r useless.
might as well just remove the ugto from the game cause they've been nerfed to hell in this patch and are now really useless.
how about nerfing someone else for a change?

... dood, shuddup (sorry, i wont put up with pathetic UGTO pilots crying that UGTO were nerfed) ... cause uh... we werent.

CD useless? no, now it's not the completely-all-powerful-bomber-able-to-wipe-a-system-clean-in-no-time ship. (aka, it's been *gasp* balanced).

fighters useless? uh... this is just plain idiotic reasoning? ok, so 8 fighter bays, and 5 fighters... 40 fighters... hrm... THATS STILL A LOT OF FIGHTERS! *rolls eyes at the whining UGTO*

as for UGTO being useless? uh... i can still kick most poeples butt in my EAD, the TC can now actually COMPETE with the AC (wait, didnt the ICC get nerfed via the AC *gasp* looks like someone else got nerfed)

OH, and dont let us forget Kluth lost CL2ks... wait... that's another nerf!

so smith (and any other UGTO that share his feelings) please shuddup, stop whining that you arent getting things your way (my 7 year old cousin does that), and make do with the balance changed. cause if you are cryin about this, then you're gonna probably through a tantrum when 1.482 comes around.

oh yeah and flyer:
Quote:
UGTO has been nerved a lot now
-flux has become a heavy weapon (byebye fluxdread) and systemdamage seems to be reduced greatly

flux dread=lameriffic (aka not a very balanced ship). therefore, it was not a nerf, it was a fix (since it could disable a ship with the hit of one key, which SHOULD NOT be able to happen)

-the CD has lost almost all of its effectifness (this was the big advantige for ugto) [/quote]
please see my above statement.

Quote:
-flux beams are not mountable anymore on anything else then the heavy supply

... ok, i gotta agree with this one, that totally sucks, and i'd like to see flux back, but i'll deal with it.

Quote:
-carrierbay reduction (carriers can only be used in orbid and BD must reload faster)

actually, carriers can be used while not orbiting... it's called a supply ship. and what about the BD?

so in closing... please dont listen to those UGTO that whine, the represent a small fraction (i hope), so please dont judge the rest of us on the actions of those few people.

[/quote]

all hail lith the all mighty noob h8r i fell ya m8 they need 2 shuddup and jus play the game i mean geez at least we can have a battle any where we go now!!! it use to be you go into mv hour or 2 l8r you kill a person another hour goes by you cap a planer or 2 fightign agianst ugto your lagged to hell from fighters but u can get use to it jus pulse a couple more hours go by and boom a massive faction war<--- if u were lucky

TAZ
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-10 10:51   
I suddenly have a new found respect for Lith!!

Email TAZ   Goto the website of TAZ
-=Arch=-
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-10 11:53   
OMG .... I cant believe I am actually going to say this ....

here goes ...... Lith hit it in the head, Im going to agree with him ...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the horror !!!!!!

Hell hath froze over .....

Goto the website of -=Arch=-
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-10 12:32   
Woot congratulations to DarkChaos for proving my observation the other day (in another thread) that we here in Darkspace tend to quote entire replies within our reply!

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-03-10 15:36   
Quote:

On 2004-03-10 02:48, sono wrote:
and as far as reducing the poly count goes, that might help *really* low end machines a bit, but DS runs fairly smooth on even my machine, and it isnt going to lower the count of objects the game has to manage, and thus it isnt going to do squat.
sorry.

@ Sono, was this in response to my earlier post in this thread? If so, Im leaning towards Ships being the only platforms that can launch fighters and missles for a few reasons. The first being namely Realsim, yeah yeah i knw what the heck am i smokin. like i havent seen my station next to luna. but in all honesty id rather see planets be able to leave these offensive weapons/weapon systems to the Pilots. I would Like to see a DEFIII base mount a beam of PD and a Beam of a Cl3K. i Want to see Faction Specific Def of Particle Cannons, Rail Guns, PSI cannons, Gatling Gause Guns, Emp cannons and maybe Sabots.. ((hehe sabot bases probly not) would be kinda neat to see ) If im reading what your saying correctly, and takking into consideration my suggestion. This would still lag the Servers? But im the kind of player that would rather see BS worlds as minging outposts and not SY worlds.. IMHO

-Vicious

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.032606 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR