No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Newbie Guide (Click Here!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Newbie Guide (Click Here!)
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-05-11 21:36   
thinks Ambito still spelled posse wrong

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-12 06:11   
[quote]

On 2004-03-10 17:42, AdmBito wrote:
Disclaimer: I am not an expert, nor do I consider myself a vet. Feel free to learn for yourself. With the influx of new players, I thought I would make a guide to help out.

Bito's Guide to Being a n00b in This Brave New MetaVerse

First of all, let me define n00b, newbie, n00balicious, cannon-fodder, and all the other words that veterans and older players call new players. It simply means you are new. Simple? Of course, not derogatory. Everyone who plays this game is a n00b at one point in time, the trick is learning and becoming able to work with those in your environment.

we all were noobs in this game, and one day you when you know how to play, you will help the noobs then

So let's light this candle.

1. When traveling in the MV, one of the key objectives is capping planets. Therefore, every ship, from the supply ships to the combat ships to the transports needs to have infantry. If you are a combat ship, whatever space isn't taken up in your hold by extra components should have inf. Every little bit helps.

dont take too much inf away from a planet, not less than 15.
15 is the absolute minimum

2. When capping a planet, don't sit around uselessly. If you see that something needs to be done, do it. For example, a planet needs more inf in order to capture it. Grab a transport and get infantry.

dont sit and watch how the enemy kills your teammates, engage the enemy, kill him(if possible)

3. If you don't know what needs to be done, ask.

if i are on i will answer, if noone else is faster

4. When dropping infantry onto a hostile planet, don't drop from maximum distance. They won't get through. You will need to get close, and this will help keep spam down if the vets don't have to tell you 497 times for every planet.

try to flyby near that planet, with a tranny, about 20 - 30 gus,
its hard, and the first times perhaps you will die, but it works

5. When a wormhole is opened to a planet, and the objective is to capture it, move in swiftly to capture it. Don't mess around. Get to orbit as quickly as possible (as quickly as the slowest ship), and get those inf down. You never know when an enemy ship or fleet will show up.

depends on how much enemy ship are on sight, if there are too much, run to the planet, unload your, and escape

6. Always wait to drop until everyone drops their infantry. This will confuse the PD and ensure that a goodly amount of inf get through, and let the planet cap.

if you are near enough(20-30), you can drop ist alone

7. When a wormhole is opened to an enemy planet in an enemy system, and the fleet you are in is moving in quietly, don't let the enemy know you are there by /y. There is no need to let them know you are there until you have captured a planet or two.

what shall i say to this? agreed

8. Don't taunt your enemy, it will make him madder. Then he will kick your ass.

perhaps

9. Never, ever put [S.W]Griller_GT or [S.W]AdmBito on follow for a jump. Whole fleets have been known to disappear into the sun.

dunno know this, never saw them at my side

10. If you happen to be supplying a bomber, keep up and stay out of the way. This isn't a knock on you, it is just a fact that the bomber pilot needs to be able to focus on his target without worrying about whether he will be supplied. Always keep the bomber between yourself and the planet, so as not to run through the stream/cloud of bombs.

bomber needs always supply, so be careful. And he needs to protect the bombs against the planetary defense, with his hull.
If he use mirvs his speed is 10 gu and if he use bio his speed is 15 gu

11. If a small ship flys under a big ship, and the small ship is an enemy ship, don't shoot the small ship! Personal anecdote: ICC was trying to capture a planet, and I was in a station orbiting it. An EAD spawns out of the shipyard under me. I lost my station due almost to 100% FF. I actually died when the EAD blew up, but the fleet got my hull to under 5% hull. Watch your Friendly Fire.

if you see a enemy station, fly with your ship under that station.
the enemy always shoot his own station. I like doing this

12. DON'T USE CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME. IT IS REALLY ANNOYING AND HARD TO SEE IMPORTANT STUFF. If you have something important to say, say it. If no one hears you, whisper it to someone who is being listened to, and they will relay it.

agreed

13. Everyone can't be a combat ship. A fleet needs to be a fleet. Don't be afraid to get a ship that isn't decked out with 12 gun decks. Transports are the most inportant ship in the game right now, and a fleet needs a couple of good tranny pilots. I'm pointing at Green and Grimith right now.

one example: i won a fight in a ead together with a bd and 5 supplys, against 6 heavy cruiser. Maybe the supply is a weak ship, but it is really important, and it give much pres and fast pres

14. If you need supply, sometimes, just sometimes, you may have to wait for it. The best supply ship on ICC has two reloads, a station has 3, so sometimes there isn't a reload available after a heated battle. Most supply ships will make time for ammo reloads, though, just /t (whisper) it to them.

a good supply pilot dont need a distress, he will be there if he see that you need him.

15. Ask questions, don't be annoying.

there will be everytime someone, who can answer

16. I've seen UGTO players jump into the middle of ICC fleet (don't know if ICC players do this) all bythemselves. What are them hoping to accomplish? Stop, wait for a few more ships, and organize. You are only making prestige for the other side. If you keep yourselves close, jump out and repair, and organize in battle, you can damae the larger fleet, even if you don't drive it off. Don't just jump in one at a time though. This goes to all players, not just UGTO, sorry if you guys are singled out.

NP, i saw much of them, but if they want to die, they may die, one day they know that is was wrong

*EDIT* 17. Read the RoC. Know the RoC. Don't cuss, swear, be racist, be political, make fun of Rogue's trailor park, or anything else distasteful over the regular chat. Period.

i have to say that i never read them, but if you are so nice like your parents had told you, you will have no problems

This guide is more ettiquette based than technique based. I know it doesn't cover everything, nor does it cover most things. Hell, It may not ever be right. I only know two are right, and those are from experience.....#8 and 9. Anyway, all you vets out there, add more, and correct what I messed up, and n00bs, post what you've learned too.

Bito

[quote]

If you are going like bito wrote(with my addition),
you will be a good noob, not a bad.
And everyone in this game like Players which know
what they are doing, and we see if want to help or if you just hanging around.
But there is no Victory for everyone every day!

[ This Message was edited by: Patriarch on 2004-05-12 06:16 ]

Goto the website of Patriarch
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-12 07:42   
Ummm....

Newbie server ^_^

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.007814 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR