No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +11.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » 1.481 Patch Changes...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author 1.481 Patch Changes...
Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-11 15:43   
Öhm, i thought noone didnt read my post, so i will say it again:

Every Faction has its own technology! Right?
KLuth : cloak, automated repair, elf beam
ICC: shields, puls shield
Ugto: normally they have FLUX, you remember?
Ok, when will i be able to install the flux on my ead like before the patch? I promise i will never change any Torpedo for a flux wave, and what about this useless emp cannon? does the EAD really need it?

K, i know i ask this really often, but i hate it to lose against a AD or a MD,
cause before the Patch they never had a chance(or i never met a pilot of these ship types, who are good enough to mess with me )

Goto the website of Patriarch
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-11 16:10   
Hmmm, interesting fixes. Can't wait to see what happens.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Banshee*
Admiral
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2004-03-11 16:12   
well well well
what will happen if the sy planet gets capped and the capper fraction just scrapps down the sy and builds a new one? what would happen with the storage then?

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-11 17:23   
Quote:

On 2004-03-11 10:34, Faustus wrote:
Just letting everyone know whats in this next patch for 1.481...

- New spawn selection interface.... basically, spawn selection and ship selection have been combined into 1 screen. You'll now see the navigation map on this screen, with all the spawn points displayed on the map in white. Additionally, you'll see blinking red indicators showing you where the enemy has been detected on the map (this change applies to the normal nav map as well).

The there seems to be an issue with selecting a spawn point other than the last one you entered.

The map is centered on the last/current spawn point, and cannot be move or re-centered like the normal nav screen selecting an alternate new spawn point is nearly impossible, except for the current solar system and other very close systems.

Also I dont remmber the last place i used every ship. So it would be very useful if selecting a ship centered the map on the spawn point for that ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2004-03-11 17:27 ]

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-03-11 17:40   
Quote:

On 2004-03-11 17:23, Wyke wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-03-11 10:34, Faustus wrote:
Just letting everyone know whats in this next patch for 1.481...

- New spawn selection interface.... basically, spawn selection and ship selection have been combined into 1 screen. You'll now see the navigation map on this screen, with all the spawn points displayed on the map in white. Additionally, you'll see blinking red indicators showing you where the enemy has been detected on the map (this change applies to the normal nav map as well).

The there seems to be an issue with selecting a spawn point other than the last one you entered.

The map is centered on the last/current spawn point, and cannot be move or re-centered like the normal nav screen selecting an alternate new spawn point is nearly impossible, except for the current solar system and other very close systems.

Also I dont remmber the last place i used every ship. So it would be very useful if selecting a ship centered the map on the spawn point for that ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2004-03-11 17:27 ]

Wyke just double click on a object in another system and itll be centered on it.Ive got one isssu enamy marks could be a bit bigger now its quite hard without zooming in to find them especialy in nav it looks a bit better in shipyard map.

[ This Message was edited by: Piotr-San on 2004-03-11 17:41 ]

-=Arch=-
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-11 19:00   
Any change that would destroy ones garage would be a major mistake in my opinion.

Planets are capped to easily ... you could have a team WH into each system, cap the SY planet, scrap it or PCM it or whatever. And then move on the next system. Then while everyone is left in stock ships, come back and systematicaly cap with ease.

Bad Idea .... love everything else.

Goto the website of -=Arch=-
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-11 19:16   
shouldnt our storages be increased as well now? i mean, comon!

SuperQuack69
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-11 19:29   
While most of the other stuff is great. I still see no change to the way the map fades in an out but the whole locked to a shipyard thing just sucks to me, makes modding useless as well as getting credits. Just make it so infantry cant be moved between shipyards thats the best and simplest way to fix the exploit.

I use to hate the metaverse, All I would play was scenario. I had fun because it was easy to get into the action. I hated the metaverse for the simple reason that it took forever to get anywhere and do anything. The shipyards made it fast and simple to get into the fight or get to where you were needed. Mabey the type of player I am isnt what the "Hardcore" people want in the metaverse. This just makes the metaverse less fun and intresting to me. Doesnt really matter I guess, Theres been plenty of features added over time that have made me stop playing the game entirely but eventully I come back.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-03-11 23:43   
well......already stated some opinions....here goes some more

1.locked shipyard.

I have 2 combat ships modded,rest are support of 1 kind or another....no 2 ships the same,with the locked yard,its a waste of time to mod cause you have to wait for either someone to make a WH or create your own or go without mods.Saw this repeatedly over the course of 3 hours tonight when ICC were trying to cap and fight at same time.ppl got their ships in homesys then had to almost beg for a WH to the contested area. whats the FUN in THAT?some waited as long as 10 min.when they could have just popped out,commenced fighting and either killed or be killed.If the infantry transporting is the issue....then BLOCK the ability to tranny infantry thru SY.
2.chat sys.....real nice.....but should be 1 more box..Fleet...Faction.>>SYSTEM<<..Yell(ALL).That way when 2 seperate events are occuring(capping 1 sys and fighting in another) they dont get wires crossed.a private would be good as well.....but not really needed.Tired of hearing whats being done in 1 sys when i am doing something totally different in another.

3.planet structures.
be nice to actually be able to look at em with a glance and know what they are.color is a lil too faint to see em easily(YES..I'M am old man)...maybe brighten the inner white a touch to enhance that area so we can see the #s a lil better.other than that....NICE.

4 and last but not least.

FAUSTUS......you DA MAN.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Roger
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-12 00:05   
Just a crazy idea here:

Keep SY the way they are (no insta jumping) and add an additional platform in next version: Star Gate. Just like they work now but buildable by players.

Gates possible:
One way gate gate->space creates a permanent WH exit point. But H can't be entered.

Two way gate gate1->gate2 creates a 2 way gate.

Jlong
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-12 00:11   
Quote:
Gates possible:
One way gate gate->space creates a permanent WH exit point. But H can't be entered.

Two way gate gate1->gate2 creates a 2 way gate.

Maybe not permanent, imagine alot of people creating perma WHs. Instead it could be a temp WH but would last say 30 min to an hour? That would allow people to go to and fro but not for to long.

Using your idea, maybe the gate could be made by team effort?

SuperQuack69
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-12 00:56   
Like i said in the "New Shipyard Suggestion" thread i think shipyards should be locked to tech level instead of the planet. It would prevent people from spawing higher tech ships and bringing them thru to the lower planet. It would force the planets tech to be built up making it weaker and harder to defend and it would make bombing a more viable option to prevent the enemy from bringing in higher class ships etc. Locking them to the planet is just over kill for something that needed a subtle solution to stop the exploiting while keeping them fun. It may not have been intended from the start to be able to warp around the metaverse but it makes it alot eaiser to get into playing there not to mention alot more fun. At least for me anyway.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-03-12 06:13   
I suggest a minor change to the shipyards/storage problem.

Players should be able to store a certain number of ships AT EACH SHIPYARD, rather than 6 total spread across the MV.

So if you really, REALLY want to be prepared, you can put modded ships in every shipyard your faction owns...

Email Jim Starluck
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-12 06:16   
Quote:

On 2004-03-11 17:23, Wyke wrote:

Workaround: You can re-center the map with double-clicking and move on that way.
Proposed Fix: It has been pointed out before that the scrolling speed needs to be adaptive.

Ship storage obviously needs a bit of rework. To start it off, i would suggest a maximum of 4-6 Ships/Shipyard, removal of the overall limit, or setting it at a high value like 30, and to only show the Ships that are in the currently selected Shipyard in the selection GUI.

Then, when the System is consolidated, the ship selection GUI should be revised.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-12 06:17   
well personally this will lead to one thing:
I wont mod ships anymore

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.041216 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR