Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » planet blockades!
 Author planet blockades!
Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-12 22:57   
so, i like the idea of planet blockades, and the warnings and such, but as is, planet blockades do almost nothing to a planet, every planet in the MV has hundreds of thousands of each resource stockpiled.

some suggestions:

1. since blockade is supposed to cut off a planet from resources, resources are only important if they're not stockpiled in the hundreds of thousands range. therefore, i suggest a planet MAX on the amount of a resource they can store, make it reasonable, but not too low. (it is a planet afterall, but maybe scale storage on planetary size, smaller the planet, let storage)

2. blockades don't stop people from making new ships at the SY. perhaps combined with a resource limit, we could stop the infinite dreadnaught/station instant respawn at a planet. but as is, if a planet is in blockade, its SY should be disabled (who builds a ship while they're getting attacked?) the rationale is that the current system punishes the attacker, we attack, wipe out the existing defending fleet.. only to have them instantly respawn in fully armed and repaired fresh ships while we're halfway out of ammo and out of position. this is a huge penalty, as well as promoting the suiciding of dreadnaughts into stations =/

3. a blockade should *slow* down all aspects of economy on a planet. keep in mind, if there's a hostile fleet floating above your skies raining death upon you.. you're just not going to manufacture those twinkies as fast... effectively, cut in half(or another reasonable percentage) the production rate/research rate on a blockade'd planet. And a nice play on this is the longer a planet suffers from blockade, the more the planet production suffers. Things such as defense base effectiveness and power plant production might be affected as well (if your soldiers and workers look up every day and see a hostile ship watching over them they might not fight as well...)

Somewhat seperate:

perishables.

items/resources on a planet should be perishable, namely FOOD. a blockade's purpose is usually to starve a planet, but a planet with 324523452 food is never going to starve.. but how do they keep all this food zip-lock fresh!? some other items may need to be perishable.. after all.. highly unstable items do have half-lives and decay rates right? =o) can't store that urdanium forever now!

this may be a method to deal with the huge stockpiles of resources some planets carry.

oh, scrapping.. if a planet is under blockade, ***remote scrapping should be blocked***. if you can't remote build, then why can you "remote scrap".

heck, remote scrapping should be blocked at all times, currently w/ the current cap system in effect, someone can drop a majority (40+) troops on your planet, and then cap it temporarily(even if your troops eventually win) and delete every building on it(as just happened in the MV). this is highly exploitable, and downright disgusting. Spend hours building and fortifying a planet, to have someone temporarily cap it, and then remote scrap your buildings. not fun.

General Suggestion:

disable remote scrapping, require an engineering ship to be on site and in orbit to scrap a building.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-03-13 00:13   
I agree.if you have to orbit in engy to build.....have to orbit in engy to scrap( and YES......I LOVED scrapping an almost capped planet.....let em cap it....PCM inf...recap.....rebuild....and wala......fresh start on planet.Now its cap run scrap.and cnt do squat......and cap time differential......OMG..saw ONE green inf cap a planet with 3 vets on defend and it capped in less 30 secs.dropped 4 vets on it......took 1 min and 38 secs to recap it....and the enemy inf was a green with no orders against 4 bets with attack orders.I,for one, would like to see building and scrapping an engy only capability.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-13 00:19   
I hope that there are future plans for them.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-13 02:05   
Alright, at first: You cannot starve a planet
They produce food by themselves, and there is the problem
1. We need planets which are better at producing food, I think terran worlds should have more efficient hydro farms than barren worlds, since they got all the soil, water and air needed outside of the building. I am speaking of a 50-100% increase for terran/ocean worlds and maybe 30% for arid and ice worlds

2. Food production below the need should not cause a planet to revolt it is supplied by other planets, I already demanded it because the ocean worlds in the 1.480 could supply 2 barren worlds with food

Then we can ship food from one world to barren worlds and blockades would make sense and starve a planet to death

This shipping again should be a mission for n00bs

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
SuperQuack69
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-13 15:07   
Quote:

On 2004-03-13 02:05, DOM700 [-IMO-] wrote:
Alright, at first: You cannot starve a planet
They produce food by themselves, and there is the problem
1. We need planets which are better at producing food, I think terran worlds should have more efficient hydro farms than barren worlds, since they got all the soil, water and air needed outside of the building. I am speaking of a 50-100% increase for terran/ocean worlds and maybe 30% for arid and ice worlds

2. Food production below the need should not cause a planet to revolt it is supplied by other planets, I already demanded it because the ocean worlds in the 1.480 could supply 2 barren worlds with food

Then we can ship food from one world to barren worlds and blockades would make sense and starve a planet to death

This shipping again should be a mission for n00bs

I like that idea as well as Southpark's idea of food being perishable.

just one little nitpick
Hydro is short for hydroponics. hydroponic means the growing of plants in nutrient solutions with or without an inert medium to provide mechanical support. Which basicly means they grow it in dirt. so the only real advantage terren planets would have is air and water

Page created in 0.013852 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR