Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Ye Old Extractor, Uber combat infantry drop ship!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Ye Old Extractor, Uber combat infantry drop ship!
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2004-03-15 05:21   
Yeah, we capped Azuk from the midst of 25 orbitting ICC ships. you would have thought that by the third run they would have wizened up to our tactics and bought or built some ECCM and had troops, but no, they were still just sitting there aimlessly.

One small tip... ALWAYS carry Infantry.

Goto the website of Drafell
Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-15 05:45   
Quote:

On 2004-03-15 04:34, Sandalpocalypse wrote:
I'd prefer to seperate sensor support and troop carrier roles.

1) Save for the extractor, all our ships have 1 ECM slot or less. Our scouts dont get tons of specials.
[Edit: I forgot, with the change of slot types, our Scouts now have 2 specials. Still less than an Extractor, and 1 troop won't cap a planet.]

2) Our carriers have a large amount of bombs and weapons. What they lack is speed, maneuverability and armor. This makes for a poor ship choice. Not to mention the lack of ECM. I know none of the transports get ECM or ECCM, but humans can pull out a scout and compensate for 3-4 of them, not to mentioning most human ships have more than one Special slot.

3) With Hives being toned down cargo-wise, it is no longer a viable capping option. It simply takes too long for it to reach the planet. In the same time, an extractor can drop two or three times as many inf. The Hive being nixed is good though, it was never meant as a capping machine. So no more brute force capping with Hives and Ganglias.

Conclusion: K'luth can only cap using ECM extractors.

However, this does not mean they need 10 Infantry. Their sensor support is enough, as it allows a carrier or clavate to bomb off the enemy Infantry.

Did i mention Bio Bombs are great for this? Kills Infantry and population, leaves buildings intact. Heaven for someone like me who dislikes to rebuild crippled planets thanks to MIRVs or prolonged Infantry battles.

This post was brought to you by Rock Logics and Analysation Inc., helping people since 1984.

Another Josef masterpiece...

[ This Message was edited by: Rock on 2004-03-15 06:18 ]

Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-15 06:06   
the problem being, the extractor is NOT a transport(troop) ship. it is a MINER. with zero life support for troops. think of it in a "realism" way, could you ship a regiment to iraq in the oil resevoirs of a super-tanker? sure, would they make it there alive? no. they'd die of starvation/heat/suffocation(maybe not if you left the sunroof open, but then they'd get sunburned to death).

Same theory with transporting troops in an extractor, if your transport and scouts suck, complain about those and post feedback asking them to be boosted. stop using your trashhauler to move combat troops =/ . anyhow i'm sure they'll be "fixed" soon.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-15 06:27   
Quote:

On 2004-03-15 06:06, Southpark wrote:
anyhow i'm sure they'll be "fixed" soon.

You mean, anyhow i'm sure they'll be fixed "soon".

SCNR

-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-15 07:22   
Everything is effected by ecm now (inc mervs), except weapons with no target box like torps and cannons :/

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-15 07:37   
Yeah I can't really call it an exploit either. Nor scrapping entire planets after capping no matter how dirty a tactic it may be.

I figure, so long as the game allows it, it's legit. And it's not a tactic limited to just 1 or 2 factions either.

And one more thing: this 'tactic' makes sensor bases that much more useful! They used to be just useful for Kluth spotting and for those pesky scouts/frigates. Now, they're a needed defense against bombing. I like that; the more tactical choices we have available to us, the better I say!

Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-15 07:57   
Mr.Sparkle yet aggain you make me laught. You that are aggainst garage stocked inf, is for this Ubber Extractor. Ummm well not only Southpark is right, this will greatly avantage the Luths(think cloaking+ecm).

Now I hope this get fixed because it's would be really bad if all 3 main planets(Sag, Earth and Exathra would be scrapped to oblivion because of that

edit: SP correction

On this: Have a nice day
-Ceridan
===============================

[ This Message was edited by: Ceridan on 2004-03-15 07:59 ]

stuck in Univercity limbo

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018098 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR