No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Another Rant by Lith... LOL... wait... another?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Another Rant by Lith... LOL... wait... another?
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-13 08:29   
... wasnt the patch supposed to... uh... fix things? We got all these .482 style fixes into the game, and... well... things seem to be out of control in DS at the moment. ICC are whining cause the noobs, UGTO are whinin about the nerfage on flux, and Kluth are... wait, where are Kluth? and things are getting fixed which we know nothin about (last night i was told flux was actually doing system damage again, yet no one seems to be aware of this).

generally i try not to bring this to peoples attention, but i'm really getting frustrated at all the /whine posts i see in the forums. i mean, i know the dev team and faust are "aware" of the situation, and i can only assume, since they are "aware" and we dont see anything happening about it (aka extractor tranny is back, and it doesnt require any coding to nerf), hence with nothing happening, we are forced to assume one of two things:

A) the dev team is in the process of making a complete fix to this, and it shouldnt take too long and all our problems will be fixed,

or

B) the dev team doesnt really care that gameplay is suffering right now, and are more concerned about "getting things right in the long run" than remedying some of the minor issues ASAP to appease much of the player base.

now, i dont know about anyone else, but i'd LIKE to believe in option A, as it gives me more comfort and maybe a little bit of hope, but i also have a pesimistic attitude towards some things, and option B is looming over me (mainly cause we (the players) arent aware of anything that's going on, and hence, have no reason to think otherwise).

i am posting this in the developer feedback forum, because i'd like to think the devs actually read this forum, and i'd like to give them some feedback on the current situation (aka, "new/changed stuff" is cool, but after a week or so of dealing with the flaws in the "new/changed stuff" it grows very... oh, i dunno... sad?)

anyway, i really dont care if this is a /whine post, cause what i'm whining about is the current state of the game for EVERYONE, not just faction changes, but general gameplay issues which i choose not to list, since one has to merely read all the numerous posts concerning these issues.

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2004-03-13 11:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Lith Ragond on 2004-03-13 14:55 ]

Deathscythe
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-13 08:35   
i agree but the most of the whine post ar the icc whining over there uber noob collection and stuff if i care i play

http://deathmut.myminicity.com/

Email Deathscythe
*Defiant*
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-03-13 08:39   
i agree 2
1.481 isnt ready for a release 2 my petition to faustus bring back an improved version of 1.480 or the standard 1.480 and set this here back 2 beta till fixes r made and 4 myself i would test more in beta then....

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2004-03-13 08:42   
This patch is supposed to fix server side issues, not the balance. Yes it does change a lot of things within the game and drastically effect how we play, but thats what the 1.482 patch is for... the Balance patch.

In the mean time you will see a lot of quick fixes in attempt to appease most of the players, as we still want something to play. But until the balance patch and the ship redesign (if this occurs) this is what we have to live with.

Be thankful that the game engine is getting updated and fixed properly so that it can support the future updates. I will happily live with the inbalance if its in the interests of making a better game for the future.

[ This Message was edited by: Planeswalker {Recruiting} on 2004-03-13 08:43 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-13 08:42   
Quote:

On 2004-03-13 08:29, Lith Ragond wrote:
wait, where are Kluth?

The nerfage of mines combined with the nice amount of lag the new server has brought has scared most of PB away from Ds.
And right now it doesnt look like anyone is planning on subscribing.

I dont know about the rest of our faction, apart from PB i only see Phoebus and [Evil]SoNiC in the MV.
Kluth is a pretty boring Race right now anyway, with the removal of mines and cl2ks we only have Ruptors, Elf and Torpedoes left.
Boring to mod and boring to fly.

And switching to another faction wont do any good either, it will only unbalance things further.

Anyway I really don't care about any of the bugs. The thing that REALLY bothers me is the lag.
The universe server was supposed to be all great and amazing but I haven’t been able to play in the MV without lag jumping around.
And it seems im not the only one...

So it seems 1.481 got rushed out of the beta into release because of whiney n00bs. Methinks this was a bad move.

Quote:

On 2004-03-13 08:42, Planeswalker {Recruiting} wrote:
This patch is supposed to fix server side issues, not the balance. Yes it does change a lot of things within the game and drastically effect how we play, but thats what the 1.482 patch is for... the Balance patch.

Weve been waiting for a year and a bunch of months, right before the release Faustus started adding a few more things.
Instead of doing that it would have been way better to remove the existing bugs instead of add new ones.

And just because 1.482 is going to be the balance patch doesnt its a good idea to release a buggy/50% functional update that they can then fix by releasing a small patch everyday for the next month.
I would have rather waited for another month.
Atleast i would have been able to play DarkSpace...

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz on 2004-03-13 08:46 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-13 09:13   
Quote:

On 2004-03-13 08:29, Lith Ragond wrote:
(last night i was told flux was actually doing system damage again, yet no one seems to be aware of this).

Acttually, it only does system damage if you are hit up front.

That probably always was that way, we just didnt realize. When hit from other angles, it still just damages your first drive..

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-03-13 10:41   
I have to agree. Aside from the very, very long wait for .481, I now see that the dev team is back to its old pattern of release a patch/change, then decide a week later that they didn't really want the effect that the change is bringing (despite months of testing), and then releasing more fixes that just make things worse. We saw this with the cloak, with weapon types and capabilities, with modding, and now with shipyards.

Everybody knew exactly what the game was going to be like with shipyards, and while I much preferred the strategy of 1.476(-), perhaps instant action is the best way to go for the game - so a week after implementing shipyards, F decides that he didn't really want people to be able to teleport around the MV after all, and makes shipyards and the whole effort to implement them more or less a waste. The small but serious problem of infinitely-spawning defenders could have been fixed in a zillion other ways, but F chose to eliminate one of the primary reasons to introduce shipyards in the first place. This is wihat will eventually drive the game into the ground.

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-03-13 11:32   
OK, screw it all... I QUIT!

Just kidding

The new server backend could never get tested in beta properly, because we never had enough players or hardware to fully test it, so stop with the complaining already. Last night, after the patch, the servers seemed ok, but by this morning zones were being passed back and forth between servers in a tennis match so to speak, NOT GOOD.

I've adjusted the load-balance code accordingly, and things seem much better after the patch this morning. Thats the one thing you can count on is that I'm trying to address all the issues as quickly as humanly possible.

The next version will be all about BALANCE.... so rest assured we are working to make the game as fair & square as possible for everyone (not easy considering originally the game didn't even have in the plan ship modding).

Let's face it.... some of you, and you know who you are... are going to complain no matter what I do to make things better. So LEAVE, your negative attitude is NOT wanted. Your attitude is making the game unfun for new players who might actually like the game, but after listening to your complaints just leave with a bad taste in their mouth.

Quite frankly, it's hard enough to do this magnitude of a project by myself with a small team of volenteers (Thanks Gideon, Chromix, Trag, Shigernafy, Griffin, and everyone else, please forgive me I didn't mention your name)...but this type of post actually hurts my feelings and makes me dispair somewhat.

I'm sure EA or Sony would be glad to have more of your money... go play "Star Wars Galaxies"...

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-13 11:36   
someone record this...Faust made a funny post!

The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-13 11:48   
First of all, let me say I am looking forward to see where the game will go now after the drastic changes made in this patch.

Now, let me address something quick. I think that it is kinda ironic to see all these posts about the problems with 1.481, considering most of the people who are making these posts were the same people who made all the posts complaining about how long the patch was taking. But thats how things go, you can take the time, do your best, & get it right the first time, or you can release a quick patch, & then nail it with updates every other day. Honestly, Im just glad that F is as active as he has been since he got the patched released, if you dont reaslise just how much he has been around & by all the quick fixes, you can tell he is trying his damnedist to try to appease the masses. And Lith, as far as F's updates have been going, he has made atleast a broadcast for the small changes, & he usually makes a post too. Just look in Developer Announcements.

[ This Message was edited by: Monty {AJC} on 2004-03-13 11:51 ]

Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-13 12:07   
about flux. i didnt even know that it was a bug that it did system damage in previous versions.now dont flame but, why doesnt it still do system damage.because after all it is a electro magnetic pulse which in real life fries electronics.

Octurion
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-13 12:14   
Quote:

On 2004-03-13 08:42, Barthezzz wrote:
The nerfage of mines combined with the nice amount of lag the new server has brought has scared most of PB away from Ds.

I know PB is viewed by many to have an Ego problem. However Ego or no ego you guys have always been one of the best fleets in the game and I have always respected your guys work.

Now are you telling me all your skill was with mines? Well I am sorry to hear that. All sides got nerfed/messed up some how in this patch which is not all that great but atleast that is balance in of itself and like what was said the next patch is a big one too.

So now I got to challange PB to be able to school a noob like me with what they got

Now learn how to win at the game and not at the forum. After all is that not what you guys have been saying for so long to all the whinning that has happen in this game?

[ This Message was edited by: Octurion on 2004-03-13 12:17 ]

Banshee*
Admiral
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2004-03-13 12:22   
Well well well, best would be if we all shut up and let Big F work
stop whining... remember WHY the 1,481 was up so fast !! Faustus does what he can. it seems we are never changing. IF there would be the 1,480 still up we would cry about the new patch. Now that the new patch went out a bit fast (well we realy didnt let F any choise) we are crying again! as i said JUST LET HIM DO

Banshee* out

BTW i will never leave DS

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-13 12:25   
Quote:

On 2004-03-13 12:14, Octurion wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-03-13 08:42, Barthezzz wrote:

I know PB is viewed by many to have an Ego problem. However Ego or no ego you guys have always been one of the best fleets in the game and I have always respected your guys work.

Now are you telling me all your skill was with mines? Well I am sorry to hear that. All sides got nerfed/messed up some how in this patch which is not all that great but atleast that is balance in of itself and like what was said the next patch is a big one too.

Exactly. Mines were my favorite part of the game, but do you see me stop playing the MV? No. For us that really enjoyed the tactic it will become something of a distant, happy memory... it was just that too many people were unhappy with ships being disabled with one hit. :/

ICC are boring to mod also, only torps, missles and replacing those darn railguns are worth doing. You have to remember Barth, it's not modding that makes the game, it's what you do with them.

Oh, and amen to what Oct said. If PB actually tried to enter the MV and remain a cohesive fleet, almost the entire MV would be red by now.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-03-13 12:25   
Octorian,

I think I can safely speak for my fellow clan members when I say that using torpedoes was and is boring. We used mines mainly, for 1 reason and 1 reason alone, they were fun to use.

They required courage, coz they would screw u over and kill your own system if not careful), skill, believe me, setting up the enemy to fly into your mines was not easy, especially real vet players, and even more especially vet players on ICC with pulse wave.

But more than that, they required a certain degree of tactical awareness and put an end to the n00bish method we call space bar mashing. Towards the end, alot of us only used mines, as they were different. Any idiot could use torps, ok, u had to be half descent to det properly, but for the true connoisseur of this game, Mines were a much needed feature!

With the exclusion of mines from this game, and the loss of cl2ks, all we are left to play with are torps and cannons, which basically means, fly around in circles and press your space bar every once in a while!

Basically, we have no variety. Thats all any1 ever wants. I for 1 am probably 1 of the best torp det players in this game, but, constantly using torps can get boring after a while, and u need a change! Mine layers were that out for me and others like me, and we've lost that out now!

Dark 'I miss my Mine Shell' Sworde

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036568 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR