No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Another Rant by Lith... LOL... wait... another?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Another Rant by Lith... LOL... wait... another?
lilFrigate (Marys Soldier)
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-14 00:24   
lith ragond was a mod, what did you do resign your commission in protest of v1.481?

Equilibrium!

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-14 03:56   
Dude, I'm really not gonna read all these posts. Don't have the time, but after reading F's post, I will comment:

I'm behind Faustus/Palestar/ and the DEV team wholeheartedly. I realize this IS a game, and people like games, especially fun ones. We also have a lot of younger players here (refraining from using the term "kids" as that will imply I'm old, which i'm really not). I just wish people would stop acting like that though and show some patience. Sure the game might not be what you want it to be. For some people, it will NEVER be what they want, whether they realize it or not. Some people are just never happy.

Just try and realize this 'Game" is also a work in progress. The progress was stalled for quite a while and people got used to the status quo. Well now this game is progressing with full force. What that means is, there WILL be setbacks; times when it seems we are taking 3 steps back instead of 1 step forward. But in the end, I PROMISE you, those that CAN show some patience, It will be worth your wait.

Of course, there are still those that will never be happy with the results. ( I think you people may know who you are). I really don't want you to leave, but you can probably save us all some grief from your constant griping/whining and save yourself some precious gaming time by leaving now, if you know your going to eventually anyway.

Peace

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-14 04:04   
Quote:

On 2004-03-13 14:47, T "Sugar Buns" Bone wrote:
You forgot to mention the part that mines were only fun to use as K'luth because of auto-repair. Even if you mined yourself and an enemy ship while flying right under it, your systems would be back up well before even one of the enemy's were.

Try to tell me different. Happened to me too many times to count.

Mining on K'luth takes about as much skill as using the space-bar on the Assault Cruiser (unless you are using AM Mines of course). If you want to display your skill as a minelayer, do it on the human faction's where we actually have to worry about friendly fire from our own mines.

Youre forgetting one thing; We also used mines on ICC and Kluth.
The Assault Cruiser was a great miner, the UGTO Battle Cruiser with mines and flux was even better.

But the point is not if its easier or harder then using torps, its more fun.
Thats what counts. Removing the mines makes the Kluth a boring faction, just look at our population.
We have about 10% of the entire MV population.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-03-14 05:40   
I think im just gonna wait for the balance patch b4 continuing the discussion as too whether 1 shot weapons are good or not.

Myself and the rest of PB subscribe to a different type of play style to most of the ppl other ppl in this game I think, so this is probably 1 arguement that will never get settled.

Funnily enough, asking for the game to be balanced normally means that you have to satisfy both crowds, which means that neither side will ever get what they want!

Dark - 'Mines are your friend' Sworde

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-03-14 08:09   
I was flying every faction and each of them had their advantages. I wont whine about balance or nukes.I just want to say that each faction had a great ship .Was it ac bc or scrap they were always good ships if you knew how to fly them.My favorite was bc 4 nukes and 5 fluxe pluse 5 havy armors was enough to blow any kluth desy without problems.The same case is with ac with 6 nukes and 2 puls shields i could mine almost evryone without having worry about enemy fire but yeah scrab with 6 am mines and 2 nukes was the most tempting ship for me ,but it didnt matter what ship i would fly they all weer good.The problem which we have now is lack of nukes .Using torps and shooting all those noobs around smashing spacebar and doing it for 10000th time really gets boring quite fast.I have never understood players who whined about mines.Youll probably ask why. Answer is easy i was almost never mined .Its such an easy task to avoid mines that it isnt even worth my time to explain it.Ah forget it this is pathetic i wont say anything else.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.009864 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR