Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » biggest problems with MV
 Author biggest problems with MV
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-15 16:53   
WH, inf, and leapfrogging

wait, whats wrong with WH and inf?

as i said to a fellow clan mate... cause a WH can penetrate a dictor field giving fleets immediate access to any planet, making planet capping, all to easy, when combined with fact that you can still drop most your inf safely without the defenses having an opportunity to shoot at them.

arguements:

what i call the WH uncertainty principal... ya dont know where it's gonna end up half the time. ... i worry about that other "half the time"

ok, well, considering you can squeeze up to a planet and drop inf and and def bases can only get pot shots in... wasnt the whole inf pad supposed to make capping harder?

anyway, onto leapfrogging... a fleet with a station, can *drum roll* leapfrog across 2.5mill gu of space. which = a system or two, makin a fleet of ships travel across the MV in... oh... no time.

NO! for the love of pete... i am NOT saying it should take hours to cap/move across the MV. what i AM saying, is that it shouldnt take an entire FLEET under a minute to reach across half the known galaxy. and that a fleet shouldnt be able cap a planet in less than 5 minutes... it should be some sort of... you know... BATTLE.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-15 19:21   
Yep. That's what UGTO did to Kluth last week. They wormholed to Groombridge and capped it. Used deep space so nobody would see them.

Now I don't know if they leapfrogged or just had 1 station and kept waiting for recharge, but either way, it shouldn't work like that.

How do you stop it? I don't know. One suggestion might be giving the wormhole device 'fuel', and only enough to allow two wormholes before needing to refuel (maybe three). A necessary part of that would be only allowing refueling from a depot or orbiting a planet (meaning no supply ships nor the station's own reload). That wouldn't stop leapfrogging though, only encourage it.

Maybe there's another answer than my just-thought-about idea above.

My personal favorite suggestion is to add a new station and give the wormhole to it instead of the supply stations and hives. The new station would be very limited in armament, as the interdictor cruiser is, and would have very limited cargo space. That way, the 'wormhole station' pilot fills a very specific and dedicated role, and has to sacrifice weapons and all other usefulness (as our interdictor cruiser pilots do...they get nothing in return for what they do, and can do nothing themselves while doing it). Plus, we get a new station

Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-16 00:36   
There's a natural wormhole between Groombridge A (deep in K'luth space) and Delta Pavonis (deep in UGTO space).

A rule to prevent leapfrogging could be to limit the creation of wormholes to within 2.5m gu of controlled system.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-03-16 00:41   
well......leapfrogging is a way that would be used realistically.......what isnt is the extractor tranny.....with 3 ecms..wouldnt be any lifesupport for the inf.and it DOES take longer than 5 min to cap a planet.asl all the ICC that were in STruve trying to recap it.

[ This Message was edited by: plungedjet_01*2RA* on 2004-03-16 01:05 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Page created in 0.009261 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR