No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Small v1.482 preview...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Small v1.482 preview...
Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-16 19:21   
My God... It's moo2 REALTIME!

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-03-16 19:33   
YES! Lineships! Now we can have those moments where you shout "Hard to starboard, ready the torpedo rows!"... I'm assuming Lineships will be torpedo/Massdriver heavy, considering the size of weaponsystems for these. At least give them fasterfiring/longerrange torpedos ... or even better, big pointy ISBM (InterShipBallisticMissile)'s .

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-03-16 19:47   
All i got to say is batton down the hatches my friends, Darkspace is about to take a very large TECH leap, so get your training manuals out boys and start studying!

Email UnknownWarrior
Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-16 20:05   
hehe, outdated fighting techniques? if you wanted to use "current" fighting techniques, we'd have 10000gu tomafusionantimattercruise missiles and long range fighter/bombers and combat ships would never see each other(just like today's navy). (heck.. they don't even have to be in the same time zone...)

As it stands, WWI/WWII era ship-to-ship combat were some of the more "fun" and challenging times in ship to ship combat , and keep in mind even WWII ship-to-ship combat almost never required visible line of sight, just radar contact, and a 10-mile range on a 16-inch gun. the way Darkspace is set currently (with ships battling it out and circling etc.) is more of the pre-pre-WWI era with wooden ships and cannons, schooners and yachts and all.

Sonlox ~hes that sexy~
Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-16 21:12   
i will start off by saying WOOT.... that is all. thank u for your time

waiting for 1.483 since September 10, 2004

Goto the website of Sonlox ~hes that sexy~
Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-16 23:25   
Cool stuff.

I also think the "big pointy ISBM" sounds better as InterStellarBallisticMissile.

Oh well...

*DeathStorm*
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-16 23:45   
Quote:

On 2004-03-16 20:05, Southpark wrote:
hehe, outdated fighting techniques? if you wanted to use "current" fighting techniques, we'd have 10000gu tomafusionantimattercruise missiles and long range fighter/bombers and combat ships would never see each other(just like today's navy). (heck.. they don't even have to be in the same time zone...)

As it stands, WWI/WWII era ship-to-ship combat were some of the more "fun" and challenging times in ship to ship combat , and keep in mind even WWII ship-to-ship combat almost never required visible line of sight, just radar contact, and a 10-mile range on a 16-inch gun. the way Darkspace is set currently (with ships battling it out and circling etc.) is more of the pre-pre-WWI era with wooden ships and cannons, schooners and yachts and all.

Yeah, BUT, what is the relative difference between knots (nautical miles) and GU (Galactic units). I believe 1 gu (truly supposed to be AU, astronomical units) is the distance from the sun to Earth in all actuality. Not realistically represented in this game, but if they are the same relative idea, then people on our DS ships can't see the ships they are firing at out of the windows, only on viewscreens.

The strategic movements of our ships in battle, as you described as being similar to pre WWI/ Civil War navy battles, are just being used on a MUCH larger scale, unfathomable to modern theory. Just cause you a few hundred planet lengths away from the ship thats trying to torpedo you, doesn't mean you shouldn't dodge the incoming fire

Peace

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-17 13:47   
Quote:

On 2004-03-16 19:21, Vinco wrote:
My God... It's moo2 REALTIME!

And wouldn't that be the best game ever?

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-17 14:28   
quick question:
UGTO will have higher top speed than ICC?

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-17 20:09   
If I'm reading this right - ICC are getting seriously FUBAR... why? We're already on the defensive in ship-to-ship combat. Only advantage we really have is the ability to redirect our shields - and numbers (which are expected to die off to average levels now that trial has ended - haven't checked).

All in all, a very tasty looking update, would just like a lil clarification as to whether ICC are getting nerffed badly or not.

BTW... omg lineships... "HARD TO PORT!! ALL POWER TO STARBORD WEAPONS!"

We gotta geta voice chat setup just so we can tell eachother these corny lines in combat that we're prolly thinking

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-17 20:28   
Yes, we went to all this trouble "balancing" things, but nerfed the ICC while we were at it.

Email Shigernafy
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-17 21:01   
Quote:

On 2004-03-17 20:09, NCX *Frickin Buns* Charger wrote:
If I'm reading this right - ICC are getting seriously FUBAR... why? We're already on the defensive in ship-to-ship combat. Only advantage we really have is the ability to redirect our shields - and numbers (which are expected to die off to average levels now that trial has ended - haven't checked).

All in all, a very tasty looking update, would just like a lil clarification as to whether ICC are getting nerffed badly or not.

BTW... omg lineships... "HARD TO PORT!! ALL POWER TO STARBORD WEAPONS!"

We gotta geta voice chat setup just so we can tell eachother these corny lines in combat that we're prolly thinking

No, you're not reading this right, because if you had, you would have realized that none of the ship-to-ship mechanics that DarkSpace has had for over two years are going to apply anymore. This is exactly the kind of feedback that is completely unnecessary and in total disregard for everything the Devs are trying to do.

Has it occured to you that the Devs, as a team, have hashed out these changes? Not only that, but that they are not done yet? This isn't just Faustus making another impromptu fix/balance patch... this is months of involved discussion, deep thought, and hard work.

So show a little freaking respect and don't form opinions until you've actually played it!

From this point forward, any such unnecessary feedback will be deleted. This patch will change almost everything, if not everything, about DarkSpace... even the Devs can't accurately predict how these changes will play out until they themselves test it, just like we all will.

Think before you post, people. That's all we ask!

-Dem

PaleStar Staff
DarkSpace Manual Team
Galactic Navy Founder and Fleet Admiral

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2004-03-17 21:02 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-17 21:09   
I thinketh the naysayers stinketh.

This is gonna be an amazing patch. Can't wait to test it.

Admiral DarkSpacer826
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 23:09   
Man I love the ships of the line Idea.

:HARD TO STARBOARD UNMASK ALL BATTERIES, DIVERT POWER TO STARBOARD SHIELDS AND PREPARE TO FIRE ON MY MARK

:::FIRE:::

I always loved ships like that where you would have to get into position to fire weapons to maxium effect.

Email Admiral DarkSpacer826
SuperQuack69
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 23:20   
Whats the eta on this patch?

I only ask cause i was considering getting a six month subscribtion and well I dont wanna do it if the game is going to radicly change in a month to a point where i may not like it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025080 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR