No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Small v1.482 preview...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Small v1.482 preview...
The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-19 00:00   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 23:20, SuperQuack69 wrote:

Whats the eta on this patch?

Let me answer that question, but first, let me show you this nice shiney shovel I have out back.

AdmiralChaos {FA}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-19 01:08   
Wow...

Honour is ALL!

Goto the website of AdmiralChaos {FA}
Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-19 04:34   
Why you are balancing this game to death?

Goto the website of Patriarch
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-19 04:37   
When you post with large signatures, you post with Stalin!

Looks good, but what's the difference between a fixed forward and a forward mount? Fixed forward mounts are for weapons that can only be mounted in forward mounts?

[ This Message was edited by: Sandalpocalypse on 2004-03-19 04:37 ]

Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-19 04:39   
Quote:

On 2004-03-19 04:37, Sandalpocalypse wrote:
When you post with large signatures, you post with Stalin!

[small][ This Message was edited by: Sandalpocalypse on 2004-03-19 04:37 ][/small]

you were faster than i, gratulation.
But what you mean with this?

[ This Message was edited by: Patriarch on 2004-03-19 04:41 ]

Goto the website of Patriarch
Phoebuzz
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-19 05:35   
Quote:

On 2004-03-19 04:37, Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Looks good, but what's the difference between a fixed forward and a forward mount? Fixed forward mounts are for weapons that can only be mounted in forward mounts?

Fixed foward mounts have no firing arc, like fighter weapons you shoot directly in front of you. AFAIK. It will be hell to aim those things.

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-19 08:09   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 23:20, SuperQuack69 wrote:
Whats the eta on this patch?

I do not see why this is such a horrible question to ask. I am curious as well. We were told, some time ago, that after 1.481 was released, 1.482 would be relatively soon after, as most of the work had already been accomplished on 1.482 except the actual code implementation

Relatively soon after, though, after the span between 1.480 and 1.481 is a rather frightening term. I could fully understand if it required another few months or more to get 1.481 fully working and up to speed before 1.482 was released, but what I and, I'm quite sure a lot of players would not understand, would be another lengthy stretch of time punctuated with the Tick, Tick, Ticking of: Just Around the Corner.

Be it two weeks or ten months, I am quite excited for this patch, but lets just make sure our shared enthusiasm isn't tamped down by unrealistic promises or other past examples.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-19 08:19   
Personally i would like to see .481 cleaned up and all those old and new issues fixed..

As far as i can see it there is still a non-negligible amount of work to be done on the new .481/UniServer code issues and one or two design issues as well.

I hate doing this, but i'd estimate 4-8 weeks for that.

When that and the other .481-changes-induced problems, for which i could see another 2-6 weeks time passing, are cleared, some stuff remains like the ever-reoccuring depot bug etc.. add up another 2-4 weeks..

Those numbers may seem a little high, but i'm trying to keep them realisitc..

Then, when the whole thing is no longer awefully beta, i could see either .482 rolled out into beta, or .481 fixed up and refeatured a little..

.482 will require a good deal of time in beta cycles no matter what previous work has been done, it is a major change.

So, it all depends on how F schedules his work and what he decides to do when..

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-19 10:14   
Is it me, or wouldn't cutting edge technology suitable enough to be mass produced and fitted on warships in an interstellar war be, if not more reliable, but just as effective while taking up less power for more impact?

More advanced technology that actually isn't better seems kind of backwards.

Email Tbone
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-19 10:27   
So, this is what's going on, as of the week of March 14, 2004 - March 20, 2004:

First priority: Address minor (minor compaired to game stopping hell-bugs) issues pertaining to lag and stability with v1.481, as well as plug some exploit hulls.

Second priority: Finish implementation of bug tracking, verifying, and organizing system.

Third priority: Implement remote access resourcer, to allow for a great increase in the speed of development for v1.482 and beyond.

Note that the implementation of these goals is not an exclusive thing. Meaning that Faustus works on all three at once, even though one might have general priority over the others.

As soon as the remote resourcer is done, Faustus and the Dev team combined will be working almost exclusivly on the implementation of v1.482 into beta. The development team will, on the whole, be concerning itself with balance and other minutia details that otherwise draw away from major coding projects (like the platforms, fighters, AI, optimizations, etc). This will allow for Faustus to concentrate his efforts on these larger coding projects, and generally speed the whole process a great deal.

As for the level of completion on these projects...you'll have to ask Faustus about that. However, priority one is mostly done, as additional exploit fixes and code tweaks can always be folded into the v1.482 coding. We have an initial, and servicable, version of the bug tracking system on line and being used, as well.

Email Gideon
Jayx
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-19 11:25   
About the fixed mounts
these would have slow rate on fire and extreme range and damage.
like a MAC gun(magnetic accelerator cannon)

right?

[ This Message was edited by: Jayx on 2004-03-19 11:26 ]
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot st

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-19 11:56   
Quote:

On 2004-03-16 13:05, Gideon wrote:

Station - Fills the role of a front line base. Very high defensive power, relativly low offensive power. Posses capacity to both repair ships and build planets. Not intended for direct combat.

I didn't have time to scroll thru all the comments, so this might be a double message:

Stations should also be able to repair planetal infantry units. All ships used to be able to do that, but it became an exploit, since a transport can just sit in orbit repairing troops on an enemy planet. But since now infantry can only be transported by pods, and could very possibly be shot down by defense bases, it is a risk that the player will have to take.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

-=Arch=-
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-19 13:24   
@ Gideon

Posts like that are always appreciated. Perhaps something along the lines of a Weekly "DS" update.

In regards to De-moral-ians post ..... Your mentality of "If you dont agree with it, its not the right thing to do is getting old Dem .... get a job. Your not on the DEV team ... and thank God for it.

I fall along the same theory as Sono .... plug the leaks, bugs and fix the problem with the turning "hangup" prior to implementing new stuff first.

Ill go on record for saying I actually LIKE the .481 version.

This game will never be Balanced acording to everyone. Im tired of hearing about it. Play the game or go mine asteriods in EVE.

Goto the website of -=Arch=-
Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-19 14:47   
im just curious will any of the dev's actually be helping code anything. like small stuff so F doesnt have to worry about those things?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.022471 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR