No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Ship Suggestions for Grand Admirals
 Author Ship Suggestions for Grand Admirals
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-17 14:08   
Grand Admirals, like I have stated before, do not need bigger, more powerful ships. Give those to the newly minted Admirals and let the GA’s have something big to kill in their new ships. No, I believe, except for one Cruiser suggestion I have, that Grand Admirals should be given a wide choice of specialized Transports, Frigates and Scout class ships, nothing bigger and certainly nothing with UBER firepower…think finesse more than specialization...

Now I realize that with V1.482, things are going to change, big differences in ship configurations, weapons and stuff like that, so I want to get some ideas on the drawing board or atleast considered before it gets slammed shut and everything is locked in stone.

here are some of my ideas:

Elite Assault Striker Nothing special here. The ICC assault Frigate/Harrier already has two IT/Torp slots, a couple cannons, a beam and not bad armor/shields. The EAS would simply be the same ship with Full weapons mounts instead of Forward. I think giving it another IT/Torp slot or any extra weapons would be too much…but Full would be fun. I like the ICC Frigate, just wish it could fire when being chased.

Advanced Assault Fighter Using the chassis of the Faction’s Attack fighter (if possible, if not, use the scout) this vessel would behave like a normal 2D ship but have the speed of a fighter with speeds upwards of 40gu/p/s. It would pack a CL300, and 2 Cannon slots and 1 full armor/shield.

If using the Fighter is impossible, then the same named ship in a Scout Chassis. The layout, though, would be two full IT/Torp slots and, yes, a CL1000/Hvy Disrupter. Two Armor/shield slots, Fore and Aft for the Humans…one full for the bugs, but a cloak, reloads and, yes, a Reactor, should make up for it: Top speed would be faction specific, but somewhere around 35gu, would be cool.

Fire Ship This ship is to be taken out with one purpose: Self Destruction. No weapons, limited armor and the Hull of a Cruiser packed full of dynamite (or anti-matter). When this ship is destroyed or self destructs, it has the equivalent destruction of 2 Stations.

What makes this ship really special: You aim your Fire ship in the direction you want it, and then you press the Abandon Ship button (twice, to be safe). Now you are in a crappy scout ship as the Fire Ship travels for 10 more seconds before detonating. This way, you don’t take the death or resource loss and may be able to get out of battle alive. But, I think you should have the Kamikaze option of piloting the ship all the way to its doom.

Marauder Any Heavy Infantry that this Hvy Transport loads get turned into Materialistic Pillaging machines. Take your Marauder to an enemy planet, orbit and drop your Marauders on the enemy Starport. For every inf that lands on the port, they steal one random item that you can then sell.

The Marauder is a modified Heavy Transport. Extra Armor/Shields and a few extra weapons give make it hard to take down, but not enough to make it a viable combat vessel.

Gaifen Privateer Fool your enemies, be praised by your friends, harvest those who would Farm you! That’s right! This dandy ship looks like the feared, and much maligned Space Monster to your enemies. They leap in for the kill and find that this Gaifen’s got more brains than most…and more bite as well. With the equivalent firepower and maneuverability of a modded Assault Destroyer but with an extra slot for Mines, this little bugger can lay a nice trap and hold its own in battle.

Much like a Gaifen, it would have a big sig and appear as a yellow diamond until the enemy ship is within, say 500 gu. Then it automatically turns red and stays that way.

Modified Space Tug Scout chassis with 3 forward facing Tractor Beams. Why on Earth would anyone want this? No idea, but I’m sure there are a few Grand Admirals out there with too much time on their hands.

Modified Asteroid Extractor This nasty Extractor can latch onto any Asteroid it Orbits and take said rock along for rides. Spy an enemy Dreadnaught around a gate? Jump in, release the ‘roid and watch it speed, at a stately 10gu, away…seriously damaging anything in its path. ‘Course, it’s an Extractor. The pilot who is traveling at faster than 10gu when releasing the ‘roid gets a nasty shock…

Engineer Ship Or so you think as you jump in to farm some poor builder too busy looking on the f3 screen to pay attention to his/her own ship. This Engineer ship may lack drone bays does not come up short in weaponry. 4 Cl500’s, 4 Cannon slots a Mine Slot and the speed and agility of a Destroyer. This is just to dismay any would-be Engineer killers.

And finally…

The Grand Admiral’s Yacht Need to get somewhere in a hurry? Or just interested in humiliating the junior ranked? This Frigate travels at 45gu, comes equipped with standard Harrier/Assault Frigate Armor and is armed with 1 CL2000/Hvy Disruptor and 2 CL500/Disruptor and a 1500 reactor. You have to get within beam range to use the ship, which is bad for any frigate if your target is targeting you as well, but at least you can out run most missiles!

Just some ideas to give those players pushing 80k or 200k prestige something to play with without giving them too much.

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtapose Likes Ponies on 2004-03-17 14:12 ]

Trinny
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-17 14:19   
You can already get a 4tractor beam scout as ICC.

I like the idea of an assault class that is liket he old but with an extra torp slot and having all weapons full.

Overall I do like the idea of better lower class ships for higher ranks like GA.

Ashatwork
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-17 14:19   
Just give me a gaifen.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-17 14:25   
Crystaline entity for me please

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Chosen of Chaos{Dictor Lord}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-17 15:22   
Gaifen! Gaifen! Gaifen! Gaifen! Gaifen! Gaifen! Gaifen! Gaifen!

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-17 20:43   

I like your think and have one more suggestion

Q-Ships
Looks and acts like a tranport, engineer or supply on sensors and nav. However their cargo space is replaced by extra weapon mounts, probably between destroyer and cruiser in firepower When attacked they turn these on the attacker.

(Duriing WW1 & II the Royal Navy created an armed merchant fleet, they took merchant vessels and added Weapons. These would act as decoys for enemy warship usually submarines, which would think them harmless merchant ships, move in close to board and capture or scuttle them. Only to have the tables turned on them.)

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-17 21:32   
Hehe, I like the idea of the beam scout... lol

Gives me aspirations!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Page created in 0.017452 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR