Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Revolting planets
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Revolting planets
0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 19:57   
not sure if anyone has addresed this buy why not when a planet revolts the actually population of the planet turns into infintry ?!?!? that makes sense to me and the remaining ORIGINAL troops of the planets previous alignment stay with that alignment.

EXAMPLE

Maat has a population of 80 peps and has 23 infintry of ugto.

when a planet revolts the 23 infintry stay with the ugto BUT the maximum of 32 troops taken from the population of the planet ie 32 are spawned and start attaking trying to capture the planet, THUS giving the ppl a chance to stop the revolt. so the population of Maat would now be(see if high school education has payed off and i can calculate ) 80-32 = a population of 48 and 32 neutral infintry. This to me sounds like a plausable way to resolve issues on planet revolts.

Goto the website of 0mni
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 20:10   
i dont think all the inf should go with the planet, i mean most of them where from off world and raelly have no ties to that planets political ties

Keja Dogo {C?} (Master windoo)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 20:32   
This is a Great idea. This is the kind of thing that will pave the way for political functions in DS. Esp this variation of it:

Quote:
On 2004-03-18 08:45, Phoebus wrote:
Better yet, instead of instantly making the planet switch side to neutral, the planet would have 40-70% (rounded up) of it's infantry change to neutral, which would then fight against the infantry loyal to the old power for the control of the planet.
Of course, while the battle rages a 3rd party could sieze the opportunity of the temporary chaos to snatch the planet. Or the faction that controlled the planet could 'send the cavalry' (bring more faction troops to the planet) to crush the rebellion before they capture the planet.

you could even have it where an enemy could go to a planet with a scout type unit and infiltrate the political infrastructure to induce a revolt

Good idea...

\"If you place a thing in the center of your life, that lacks the power to norish, it will eventually poison everything that you are, and destroy you. As simple a thing as an idea, or your perspective of your se

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-18 21:18   
Mmmm... all of Sol & Syris revolting... I'd loooooove to force that on 'em

Have the ship require a certain scouting pointage - encourage more people to become beacon buddies... lol

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.009189 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR