Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » being able to buy extra fuel
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author being able to buy extra fuel
Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 09:33   
just like the topic says now with the mv being so far apart a cruiser cant get to other sections with out

1) worm hole

2) a supply running along

i tried the other night with a modded assult cruiser from epsilon ind to bd and ran out of fuel.

you cant always get a wh from the fighting areas or get a supply

but if you are alone you should be able to buy one time use fuel tank expanders that would at least get you for your system to the nearest enemy system like between epsilon ind to bd they are the closes of two points that way you can use the gates from there

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-18 09:38   
this patch is all about TEAM WORK..

your not meant to be able to do all this alone in the mv, , i have heard this whine from so many people lately..

its all down to team work, your not meant to be able to cap a planet on your own...your not meant to be able to jump half way accross the mv alone....

*sigh*

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 10:05   
but it would be nice if maybe ur ship collected free hydrogen particles floating in space and slowly recharged ur drive untill u can get to a gas giant a sup or something else

Beware the strike of the VIPER

[ This Message was edited by: Astral Viper (Save the Gaifens) on 2004-03-18 10:19 ]

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2004-03-18 10:21   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 09:38, BackSlash wrote:
this patch is all about TEAM WORK..

So by teamwork you mean a station huh? or a jump cruz... seeing as how thats all youll need or if your a fa you can still go by yourself... sorry to say it backslash. but your wrong...
while true the teamwork has been improved this is not one of the reasons why.
A wormhole is ment for a group right... and its useually used... but what about back up.. huh?
how are they supposto get there... wait for the next station or JC to have a few moments of time? i dont think so.
for those of you who agree with backslash i partally am with you.
the patch is about teamwork.
but wormholes are portrayed as for "higher up" anyone with a station can go alone to a system.
but if your one of those people who quite arnt up to fa or ga yet your expected to show teamwork... *waiting for someone with a wormhole divice to 1 show up for 2 create one for ya*
I find this idea rather crappy. no offence to those who think different. why should those who arnt on ds 24/7 have to suffer by asking over and over for a wormhole?
While the higher up get angry for all the "noobs" crying for a wormhole.
BECAUSE THEY CANT GET THERE THEMSELVS!

in conclution *yay* i think we should either beable to buy extra fuel or collect the spare particles and have fuel recharge

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 10:42   
back slash it has nothing to do with teamwork when you get into the mv since the shipyard nerf the only way to get to the fight is:

1) wh

2) be in a frigate

3) have a supply jump with you

well im here to tell ya if i come out in a modd ac and at the closes two points on the map and i cant long jump to it so i can use the gates to get to the fight in another system you get fustrated quik!!!

dont say ask for a worm hole i ask about a dozen times you get sick of asking. acouple of stations cant take care of everyone espeacally when it takes 4min between wh

at the closes points on the map a modd cruiser should be able to modd his fuel tanks to help him get to the fighting

example: from epsilon ind to bd is approx 1,300,000 gus away modd ac max range at this time about 1,000,000 gu about 300,00 gu short

im saying let pilots buy expansions to fuel to make it the other 300,000 one time .
then they can use the gates to get to the fighting in the other consellation im not saying let them buy enought to jump 2.5 million gu

[ This Message was edited by: Eagleranger on 2004-03-18 10:44 ]

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 10:58   
what about a dread its max range is 600k with amj thats 3 jumps from bf to ind how much fuel should we let them buy?

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

Email Astral Viper
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-18 10:59   
Look through the archived Dev Feedback posts...there are a lot of good ones concerning this topic ranging from:

One time extra fuel level that you keep in your cargo until needed

to

Buzzard Ramjet Special Slot device that could be equipped to pick up stray hydrogen atoms while driving along. Something like 10 fuel ticks for every 100 gu travelled via engines and not drives.

Ashatwork
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 11:03   
So, I'm assuming none of you have figured out that if you log out NOT in a shipyard your ship is sent back to your home gate and you can spawn at ANY shipyard location.

Hehehe

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 11:04   
depending on the ship what ever it would take to get to the sys that is the closes to the home consellation if you icc trying to get to the ugto system that would be epsilon ind to bd

bigger the ship the steeper the cost

actually looking at the difference in ship distants designed a npc toll ship that charges set rate depending on ship to transport your ship to the outer fringes of th bd system

[ This Message was edited by: Eagleranger on 2004-03-18 11:07 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-03-18 11:39   
Well I have seen teamwork improving since the Wormholes... No more mass capture the whole MV in one day...

Last night I was trying to join the action in CD, ran out of steam 670k from Eri. By the way, two fun facts... At 20gu a sec max speed on an EAD it would just just 9.3 hours to finished traversing that course at sublight. heh And a fully loaded/fueled EAD can jump 600k gu with an AMJ. (remember that one)

I sent out a call for help and my faction sent a supply ship to come 3 systems to get me and refuel me twice so I could join them in glorious battle.

Hehe, of course I have seen an interesting way to make credits now, sit in a supply midway between systems where there is a lot of action and charge for refueling ships so they can make it to the battles. lol

Email Tael
Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 11:42   
lol tael he wasnt 3 systems ahead he was only about 1 mil gus aheadbut anyways yeah it realy sucks not having a wh or a sup and having to go places .

Email Astral Viper
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 12:54   
This has been brought up before, most commonly in the form of buying hydrogen at planets and storing it in your cargo.

It's something to think about, at the very least. If they can't get to a battle through a wormhole of shipyard, then they have to buy hydrogen for fuel. The only problem is, of course, how much 1 unit of hydrogen will get you, but that's something for testing.

Email Tbone
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-03-18 13:32   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 11:03, Ashatwork wrote:
So, I'm assuming none of you have figured out that if you log out NOT in a shipyard your ship is sent back to your home gate and you can spawn at ANY shipyard location.

Hehehe

yup this is the case, so why not just unlock the friggin shipyards? ok so maybe the inf thing is an exploit, but what about ECM Extractor trannies? no quick fix was thrown in for those yet, and they were 'outlawed' months ago,

think about it

Ashatwork
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 14:28   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 13:32, Banshee wrote:
yup this is the case, so why not just unlock the friggin shipyards? ok so maybe the inf thing is an exploit, but what about ECM Extractor trannies? no quick fix was thrown in for those yet, and they were 'outlawed' months ago,

think about it

This is slight different from the situation before the patch.

Before the patch you had entire fleets relocating to systems instantly with their ships. With the individual ships locked to a shipyard you leave 1 ship at one location then command a different ship in the new system.

The log off and relog throws a 2 min delay into it.

We're still not REALLY addressing the issue.

I proposed a few times a system similar to the current 'blockade' effect. Where shipyards become unusable when you have enemy ships within x gu radius of the shipyarded planet.

Which is think is a rather elegent solution. By the time you get the warning of a shipyarded planet's impending attack it's already too late to redeploy your forces.

However there are added complexities to it:

Allowing 1 scout to blockade 1 shipyard planet while the rest of the fleet captures the other -- thus denying respawning abilities of the ENTIRE fleet isn't very feasible.

We'd need some sort of sliding scale. 1 ship of any class prevents transports/scouts/engineers from spawning (think of it as an attack craft that can distroy a ship as it's powering up and orientating itself after launching or whatever. 2 ships of at least frigate class to stop destroyers.
2 ships of at least cruiser class, or 4 ships below cruiser to stop cruisers. 3 Dreads or 5 ships of cruiser class to stop dreads. 5 Dreads or 10 cruisers to stop stations.

My idea behind this is: Larger more powerful ships can basically burst through interdiction forces of small less capable enemy forces blockading a planet.

As gameplay mechanics... It'd make it so you need two competent forces to lock down the ability for an enemy to spawn in a system with 2 shipyards. Also, it'd make it so a bomber and a supply ship would trigger the blockade effect on a shipyard planet thus giving some alert to the enemy's existance. It also allows for LIMITED spawning at shipyards underattack.

There still are some issues with it, but need to get back to work.

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-03-18 14:30   
Good idea

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027302 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR