Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fusion Torpedoes should not Track
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Fusion Torpedoes should not Track
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-18 11:06   
All kinds of ICC complained (including me) until they finally made F-Torps track (and AM Torps too).

On second thought, I think this was a mistake. Can we have only P-Torps track again and make AM and F torps be non-tracking?

I picked up a copy of the Latest DarkSpace Journal and read this review of present Torpedo technology:

Quote:
Fusion has greater range, rate of fire and ammo quantity.

Anti-matter torps have greatest damage and mid ammo quantity.

P-Torps just plain suck. Not enough ammo, too slow and nothing special.

By making P-Torps the only tracking Torpedo again, then there will be more variety. They are not too terribly hard to come by, for those Kluth and ICC players that want them and the advantage of have tracking will actually make them comparible to the F-torp and Am-Torp. Point is...if you can't dodge a torpedo that tracks, you probably can't dodge one that doesn't and most of the ICC's targets are UGTO Dread...those aren't too difficult to hit.

So...sorry we made you change the torpedoes...our mistake. Make it go back to the way it was before a long time ago?

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtapose Loves Ponies on 2004-03-18 11:07 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-18 11:09   
I just find it annoying to be nailed in the back by FF fusion torps because they tracked along my flight path & the targets flight path...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Lupino
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 14:19   
Anything to de-über the torps

As long as the P-torps have limited ammo or some other limitation

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-18 14:27   
I agree with Lupino... Don't change a thing on P-torps, just change the tracking on F-Torps and Am-Torps.

And.... on a completely different subject: Where is Coombie? It's not like I ever played with him or was on when he was, but I notice that he is still a Fleet Admiral...Isn't Coombie not Playing DarkSpace one of the First Signs of the Apocolypse?

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-03-18 15:20   
i havent seen coombie either, maybe hes been kidnapped by a higher organisation of the kluth military for hacking intelligence files...

and personally, i have 2 opinions on torpedoes:

1) torepdoes shouldnt be the primary weapon in the game, their suppose to be hard hitting but few and far between weapons to knock your enemy down.

2) personally i think if p torps will still track the tracking should be toned down, it should take skill to use torpedoes since theyre onea the most powerful weapons in the game

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-18 15:43   
Long as I can still load up 6 fusion torps on a missile cruiser and spam a station

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-03-18 16:36   
In response to the Coombie is missing question..

A little quote from the Private PB Forums

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 09:28, Wyldkat wrote:
GS is back as of yeterday, and alot of the Leaders are busy with real life. I know Coombie was in Hawaii doing a shoot, and KC is currently getting his butt worked off from what I have heard in chat.

Yes, u heard it right, Coombie is in fact a 6ft blonde supermodel called Shiela!

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-18 16:37   
lol

AdmiralChaos {FA}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 16:42   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 16:36, Donkey Magic wrote:
In response to the Coombie is missing question..

A little quote from the Private PB Forums

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 09:28, Wyldkat wrote:
GS is back as of yeterday, and alot of the Leaders are busy with real life. I know Coombie was in Hawaii doing a shoot, and KC is currently getting his butt worked off from what I have heard in chat.

Yes, u heard it right, Coombie is in fact a 6ft blonde supermodel called Shiela!

rofl

Honour is ALL!

Goto the website of AdmiralChaos {FA}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-18 17:12   
i think shig wrote something about Griff smells but i cant make it out its to small

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2004-03-18 17:17 ]

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 17:19   
and we go back to haveing Ptorps being the ONLY used torp in the game.... dont you all remember that? that EVERYONE had ptorps, why use anything else?

the main reason ptorps arent worth putting on is becuase it has the same ammo amount that the AMs have, and the Ams have both better blast radius and power per shot

anyway thats my 2 cents on the matter

Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 17:49   
i think torpedo tracking is fine as is:

my reasons:

you can't hit anything slower than a cruiser w/ a tracking fusion torp unless they're head on/running straight away from you.

Even against a cruiser, 1/2 the time a tracking torpedo flies right past it.

dreadnaughts and stations should attract torpedoes if anything =/ i mean c'mon.. its a BARN.

now, torpedo *power* is another issue, yeah, ugto's p-torp has a "suck" factor right now compared to the other two. But then again, in the whole "theme" of darkspace wasn't ugto supposed to be a primarily beam specialty weapon faction? i believe other factors balance out the torpedo "crisis" just fine. Ignore modding for the time being, ugto cruiser with ptorps has more guns and beams than an equivalent ICC cruiser with fusion torps. Methinks the balance is fine. The lousy part is when ugto mounts fusion torps against icc =/

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 18:25   
i dont understand what ur complaining about, ive been using fusions all day today and a good pilot can easily dodge em, and if theyre so good, just mod em, and since its dirt cheap to mod now... just stop complaining

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 18:34   
Quote:
On 2004-03-18 17:12, BackSlash wrote:
i think shig wrote something about Griff smells but i cant make it out its to small

I was just testing someting.. I wasn't really adding much.

Email Shigernafy
Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-03-18 18:46   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 18:25, Dempster{I Am Canadian!} wrote:
i dont understand what ur complaining about, ive been using fusions all day today and a good pilot can easily dodge em, and if theyre so good, just mod em, and since its dirt cheap to mod now... just stop complaining

He's stating how Ftorps nad AMtorps out rank Ptorps. And to add to that, Ptorps having absolutely no combat effectiveness compared to what Ftorps/AMtorps can do.

Ptorp has lower tracking turn rate then Ftorp but the damage isnt far apart. Ptorp, like they've said, has similar ammo to AMtorps but does less damage.

If your missing all day long, Then you're done wrong with your Torps. See what pounding your Spacebar key does? Waste of torps and energy!

Proper use of Torps is firing One wave at a time Unless you know you will hit them (IE: Just jumped out and trying to Speed up. Go straight at you and not turning. Someone Chasing you and Doesnt bother Dodging just so they can catch up to you).

Even if Ftorps doesnt have Big splash damage, Detting them close to enemy still Does damage. Better then No damage at all!

Back on the subject, I Do kinda agree with the whole Ptorp "suckage" thing but im not sure if removing tracking for AM/Ftorps will help.

Though i dont have any... solution as of the moment. Im just going to wait it out till they get the next Patch up and so on. The current Weapon System doesnt really agree with me much either. Torp/CL2k War heh...

Email Thrie
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025762 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR