Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » More dynamic docking over the current. / laser tracking speed
 Author More dynamic docking over the current. / laser tracking speed
Trinny
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 11:47   
First off the smaller things.
I think mining resources that a planet NEEDS should give more prestige/per-time than anything else. IE if the planets have no urdanium and some is dropped off then the person would get alot of prestige [u]when the urdanium is used[/u], for example.

Also, to make scouting ships and frigates more survivable against dreads and cruisers(for example, people giving their team ECCM and such) I think lasers(CL, disruptors, flux beams, any instant hit thing) should have a maximum tracking speed of say.. around 24gu/s-28gu/s, something between there would be good. This way, if something moves to fast the non-visiable turrent the laser is on can't track it to shoot fast enough.

---------

Now for the more in-depth thing.. Docking.
Right now you can dock but it is bland.. I think things should be made do be more .. just more. This idea mainly comes from all the friendly fire in MV because dreads and stations hit areas are so HUGE.

Right now you can dock but it does nothing but allow you to jump other players with breaks the RoC rules.. So not much use in docking I don't think, if you fire while docked you do FF.
Also, currently you just go under or over the player when docdocked.
Hardpoints should be put on stations to be docked onto, instead of going over or under you go INSIDE of the sheild, it giving you protection. The hardpoints would be like maybe ounder the domes on the stations, with the ship turning upsidedown. Or on the ICC station have them pointing up/down.
Each station should probly have it's own unique number of ships being able to dock. A range of 2-4 dreads/cruisers, 4-6 destroyers/frigates, 1-8 scouts/transports/support class.
Kluth probly having the most dreads(seeing as how they are so big and akward maybe they could transform?), but the least of the others to prevent insain ECM and such. ICC probly the most scouts, frigates, destroyers, cruisers, while just 1 or 2 dreads, and UGTO all around even.
When docked all the ships firing arcs would change to make up for the akward positioning and likely whining about who is facing the enimy on the station. So probly a 30%-70% firing arc around the station. Scouts and support class should probly have a 100% firing arc around.(posibly make firing arc in relationship to the stations front, back, etc)

Along with the deffence of the station, and the increased firing arcs, there would also be the sharing of power, armor, and sheilds.
This sharing would be probly around 33%-66%.. adding 1 or 2 extra lines around the station. The direction of the sheild/armor would reflect were it is on the station, not were your ship is.
Along with this would be an increase of sheild/armor self-repair, probly 5%-15% per ship, maybe depending on the class of ship. Each ship would also increase the hull of the station maybe 20%-45% per ship. You also must consider docking makes you become one. And if you leave the station you go down to it's current state, meaning if its down to 5% hull and 0 sheild/armor then that is what you have when you undock.. This should be something added for balance, along witha 3-5secound delay befor you can undock(like self-destruct). And if the station explodes all docked would go with it. When docking your max speed is that of the SLOWEST person, or maybe an average would work but I've preceive not..

Not only station docking, but others. Dreads should have 1 docking port for any ship lower than it, or posibly for a dread aswell. But with this no change in firing archs(ships would need to dock side by side, ontop, or below and flipped over). The hull and armor should be shared 100% with the ships this way. Cruisers should also have a spot for a frigate or scout, and everything else a dock port for a scout class only.

Along with the sharing of deffences.. If this was implemented I would also like to see a "grant firing rights" sort of thing. When docked you can do A:Grant no firing rights, B: Grants joint firing rights, or C: Grant full firing rights.
Granting none would mean the person you are docked to has no control over your weapons. Granting joint rights means you both can fire them whenever. Granting full would mean only the person you are docked to can fire the weapons. The owner of the weapons can change these rights whenever. The granting would be like you do anything I'd think, right clickt he weapon and click a botton in the bottom right like you do when loading it or ejecting cargo, ETC. Maybe a button to grant rights for everything.

And I forgot to mention.. no jumping when docked, the drive becomes disabled. Maybe a few other special weapons should be disabled.

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 12:05   
do you have any idea how long it would take f to make that work? oh man .483 would never get here and how would u share physical armor mounted to the hull of a vessel while doing this with a shiled is possible there no way to share armor using physics from this universe.

Beware the strike of the VIPER

[ This Message was edited by: Astral Viper (Save the Gaifens) on 2004-03-18 12:08 ]

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-18 12:07   
An excellent idea, that would at least make stations (specifically human stations) more of a threat, being able to last longer, with more firepower.

The problem is it would make the K'luth Hive that much mroe difficult, but hey its still a great idea...

-Ent

Trinny
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 12:59   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 12:05, Astral Viper (Save the Gaifens) wrote:
do you have any idea how long it would take f to make that work? oh man .483 would never get here and how would u share physical armor mounted to the hull of a vessel while doing this with a shiled is possible there no way to share armor using physics from this universe.
[small][ This Message was edited by: Astral Viper (Save the Gaifens) on 2004-03-18 12:08 ][/small]

Well the docking is already in. Oh and, sense when is this a realism game?
Yes I know i'd take a while though.
You have to note this is a suggestion, an idea. Dev's aren't forced to use anything word for word or at all. Just being able to dock without FF, dock better(not just float over/under a ship) and being able to jump would be nice.

[ This Message was edited by: Trinny on 2004-03-18 13:06 ]

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-20 05:03   
there is a way to do but you lose your ship while doing it, sorta like weilding your ship to theres =p

anyway just alittle crazy scifi there

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-20 09:59   
rofl... or make like ST: Nem... "RAMMING SPEED!" and burry the nose of your ship into another :0

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
-10of18-
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-20 11:58   
Do you get pres from mining/selling?

Email -10of18-
Trinny
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-20 12:00   
Quote:

On 2004-03-20 11:58, -10of18-(RIP R33) wrote:
Do you get pres from mining/selling?

Nope, though you should.

Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-20 15:12   
You do currently get a nice amount of credits however

Email Antra
Page created in 0.013133 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR