Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Shipyard Abusers while Planet is underattack
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Shipyard Abusers while Planet is underattack
0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 18:09   
I'm pretty sure everyone has seen ppl camping out beside a planet and as soon as they are about to die they use the shipyard to get out a new ship and continue fighting, I believe this should stop.

One Suggestion to prevent this from happening is when a planet sends a distress and has a shipyard:

For Example-SERVER: Maat is under blockade. (or words to that effect)

That the Shipyard SHOULD NOT allow any ships to use it BUT will allow players to spawn new ships. This will stop campers abuseing the shipyard's ability.

PK

PS- when planet gives another distress ie:

SERVER: Maat is no longer under blockade. (or words to that effect)

The Shipyard resumes normal functions.

Goto the website of 0mni
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-18 18:21   
You hated me when I did that at Procyon 3 didn't you? I had my assault cruiser waiting and my missile dread wasn't made for close combat, so I switched.

Do what I do: accept it. People will use shipyards to get away. People will ejump to get away. People will also self destruct to get away, or jump to their jupgate safezone. Some people even try logging. I think you just have to expect shipyard use when you're fighting near one.

Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 19:12   
you know, i've seen plenty of GTN using the SY pop in/pop out tactic as well as piotr-san and his magically spawning hive =/

Thou shalt examine the plank in thine own eye before claiming everyone else is abusing it.

And in a more in-game sense. Why wouldn't every ship in the shipyard be scrambled to defend the planet? sure the current system is a ship "disappears" instantly, but treat it like an e-jump, the ship is effectively gone for the battle, and its not going to come back because it doesn't get repaired while docked.

as for repeatedly spawning new ships, that is an issue with planetary resources, if a planet can afford to build a gazillion new ships, thats a problem w/ resource limits. i think they're aware of that already.

Locking a shipyard under attack is like telling people that once they pick up a gun to defend their country, they're not allowed to go back to the armory and put that gun back and pick up another gun. but obviously the armory doesn't have unlimited guns, and the planet should have limited(reasonable) resources for producing new ships.

(edited for clarity)

[ This Message was edited by: Southpark on 2004-03-18 19:14 ]

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-03-18 19:44   
Maybe some short of Storage devices? Maybe a Silo building stores up to 100-5000 of each type material? So a planet cant have over 500,000 materials of some kind. This make Home planets or planets around Home planet something to do and store.

A planet starts of with its Own Limit of materials. If you want more on there, you build 1 or 2 to increase the, maybe Darkmatter or Hypermatter or whatever, To a higher number.

Email Thrie
0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 19:49   
Quote:

On 2004-03-18 19:12, Southpark wrote:

Thou shalt examine the plank in thine own eye before claiming everyone else is abusing it.

I am trying to provide a solution to a very real problem. I find it abusive and i didnt specify ANY ONE SIDE was useing it abusivly I just said i found ppl abuseing it. So get your facts staright before u start accusing ppl on one particular side, cause i have seen alot of ppl do this ON ALL SIDES.

Quote:

On 2004-03-18 18:09, PhantomKnight{WhoStartedThis?} wrote:

I'm pretty sure everyone has seen ppl camping out beside a planet and as soon as they are about to die they use the shipyard to get out a new ship and continue fighting, I believe this should stop.

Quote:

And in a more in-game sense. Why wouldn't every ship in the shipyard be scrambled to defend the planet? sure the current system is a ship "disappears" instantly, but treat it like an e-jump, the ship is effectively gone for the battle, and its not going to come back because it doesn't get repaired while docked.

Im not saying anyone one can't use the shipyard to get a ship and spawn to attck ppl what i am saying is that we should STOP campers from abuseing it as a way to save themselves prestige from dieing. The ship is gone from the battle BUT 2 seconds later another ship comes FULLY repaired and begins fighting again. If someone is going to abuse this ability why not let them, to use an archaic and sexist(had trouble thinking of the word thanks to [-GTN-]NSS The Spirit of Enterprise for the help ) word, take it like a man and just die. THEN get another ship and continue fighting. If you can't understand my fustration with this problem then u are a cheat in my honest opioion.

Goto the website of 0mni
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-03-18 19:56   
How about damaged ships that go into shipyards dont instant repair, instead they repair slowly over time.

So you put that 410 in the ship yard at 30 hull, it takes it 20 minutes to heal back to normal. In the mean time you can check out a stock ship from the ship yard or another you had in your garage.

Remember before we were going to require that you order the parts for your ship to be built so that you might have to wait 20 to 30 minutes for a dread and nobody wanted that...

Email Tael
0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-18 19:59   
tael it isnt the issue of ships being repaired, the issue is ppl with dmg'd ships go into the shipyard and spawn as a new ship probably deleteing the old one. so why are we allowing users to abuse this. ?!?!?

Goto the website of 0mni
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-18 20:09   
i knew that was gonig to happen, no real reason to mod a ship anymore

thats why some of us wanted a timer, like a full min to dock with teh shipyard, as in you can be shot at and it takes a minute to dock with the shipyard, i think that would slove that problem, the other problem i dont like is the ships getting stuck inside planets, i almost lost my jumpcrusier in AF in cyg, got it back had to build a shipyard on it also

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-18 21:29   
People don't use the shipyard to repair. If you dock a damaged ship it comes out damaged. What people use it for is to escape possible death and to get a different ship in the process. It's part of attacking an enemy at it's shipyard. It's gonna happen.

You know, eventually, all the ships they spawn there will be heavily damaged? In GA those planets are very limited so you'll eventually be stuck with just damaged ships, and if the enemy is still there in force you're doomed. But in the meantime, the enemy have to contend with that shipyard producing new ships; and if they can weather that storm they've won. If they can't they better pull out!

That's how I view it. I see shipyards being used that way as a nice bonus to the defenders. But that's me.

(edited for clarity)

[ This Message was edited by: Holycannoli on 2004-03-18 21:53 ]

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-19 04:17   
And in the MV, you can just prestige-farm off em while you're landing your infantry or bombs.

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-19 04:32   

This is not abuse this is how shipyards are supposed to Work.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-19 04:41   
I was just thinking, maybe a hybrid of two ideas: Planets under Blockade have timers on their shipyards.

Banshee*
Admiral
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2004-03-19 04:46   
How about just prod. the ships? well it would be much more realistic if the SY just had to produce the ships.

Keja Dogo {C?} (Master windoo)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-19 05:30   
Quote:

you know, i've seen plenty of GTN using the SY pop in/pop out tactic as well as piotr-san and his magically spawning hive =/

Thou shalt examine the plank in thine own eye before claiming everyone else is abusing it

I fail to see where in phantom nights post where he was "accusing" anyone of doing anything that no-one in his clan has ever done... this is a sujestion post.

A "shoult thou herest my idea aboutest Ship yardests" posts

not a "thout are havest planks in toust eyes becuauseth tho useth the Ship yards wrongly and no player in GTN ever wouldski" post.

Could you please. JUST FOR A SECCOND, before you read a post. Especially a sujestion post. seperate yourself from this ridiculous attitude of...

"oh they're posting in the forum they must be complaining about something. but even if they're not we'll call on them reguarding the actions of thier clan, as if they were being all high and mighty and saying that everybody exept thier clan have acted wrongly"

Most clans, including GTN, are quite impartial. we do not sit there saying "were the best and are never at fault". when you say things like " i've seen plenty of GTN [insert pontless off the mark and off the point accusation here]" You create alianation bettween clans.

Phantom night posted this idea as a player. A player that is interested in the development of darkpsace.

He did NOT post it as a Represetative of the angelecism of GTN. But when you start talking about examining planks you show us all up, not just GTN.

Please could you simply not post when you don't have a more inteligent way to say "your idea sucks"

Infact... just don't post

-Keja

[ This Message was edited by: -Keja Dogo {C?} on 2004-03-19 05:50 ]

\"If you place a thing in the center of your life, that lacks the power to norish, it will eventually poison everything that you are, and destroy you. As simple a thing as an idea, or your perspective of your se

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-03-19 09:35   
I still say a hip has to have some sort of timer, just like a timer gets online when you log out in space a timer should be shown when you dock at a Yard.

scout very low timer, station 1 minute or more.

its the fastest solution i think..

- Axi

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025801 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR