No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Assault Fleet Group button
 Author Assault Fleet Group button
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-03-19 19:20   
just a thought.....but as it is........when on missions capping..trannies and stations get very little if any prestige gain.How about allowing Stations to have a "Group " ability.It would allow the other ships to all share in the gain or loss of prestige while in offensive or defensive mode.It allows allows a lil in way of concerted effort to obtain objectives and allows the force to be more cohesive and function as a unit.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-19 19:33   
Honestly, after the grouping was removed, you RARELY see people in dictors anymore. This is a good idea.

Goto the website of Novacat
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-19 19:51   
So long as it's just generic prestige, and not points toward badges. How many people earned their gold badges like engineering by grouping and not actually doing the work I wonder? I've seen many profiles that lead me to think they just grouped for it (or were powerleveled to use an EQish term)

Tiggy
Midshipman
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-03-19 21:52   
Hmm, I've got something to add here. All profiles have the "bonus prestige" stat which now (as far as I know) is not used anymore. (As in, you cannot gain it anymore). I propose that we use this to calculate prestige gained from groups. People still gain prestige out of fleeting; yet they actually gain no points.

Opinions?

Email Tiggy
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-03-19 22:09   
well the bonus is added in to the total pres pretty much 1:1
seems to be more of a scenario thing (gets show at the end) but its usualy single digit numbers

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-19 23:24   
There definately needs to be more incentive for people to participate more in fleets of varied ships. Maybe there should be a proximity thing - if you're within 1000 GUs of any combat or capping, and you are in an interdicter you get a %age of something... just a thought.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-03-20 00:10   
well.my concern was when "Fleeted" you could do as in the old HUD click a box and locate the ships.wouldnt have to hit F2 to find ppl.or have so many distresses that screen went yellow on the left side.lower the amount of pres if you want MR.F,but,PLEASE,give us back grouping so the ships that cant gain pres doing what they do.can get a little bit from helping others.ie.the FLeet its attached to.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-03-20 00:15   
Actually, I would "Like" grouping to be automatic with your fleet...Basically, all gains/losses would be shared between you and all other members of your fleet currently online.

Note that I haven't made a firm decision to do this, note the word "LIKE"...

-Richard

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2004-03-20 00:16 ]

Goto the website of Faustus
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-20 00:36   
What about a ratio kind of thing? The more you put in the more you get out... dunno

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Resorath
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-20 12:14   
Wouldn't it just be easier to give prestige to interdictors, miners, etc? Eg, a constant prestige gain based on the number of enemy ships into a dictors field, or the number of resources you _give_ to a planet.

Btw the bonus prestige applies for winning a scenario, usually +4 per win.

Goto the website of Resorath
Trinny
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-20 20:20   
Quote:

On 2004-03-19 19:51, Holycannoli wrote:
So long as it's just generic prestige, and not points toward badges. How many people earned their gold badges like engineering by grouping and not actually doing the work I wonder? I've seen many profiles that lead me to think they just grouped for it (or were powerleveled to use an EQish term)

Agreed. Though I wasn't here when there was grouping.. I base my agreement off what I've heard in chats. :/

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-03-20 21:54   
earned every badge I have..a couple the hard way...but you cant earn squat in a dictor,which quite often,is a needed ship that no one wants to fly cause you get nothing for it.rarely a thanks included.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Gabriel
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-20 22:17   
I've flown a dictor on the very odd occasion after we can't group and get annoyed.....

1) You aren't really a combat ship, so get killed quite easily if you try

2) If you keep up the dict field, you can only fire a few rounds off before you run out of power and it's worse if your moving

So i hate sitting there watching people get xp while I keep the ships trapped for them to do it and get absolutely nothing for doing it.......

Bring back grouping or come up with some form of xp for dictor's....

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-03-20 23:09   
for the record.thanks gabriel.for earlier...for now...and for later.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-20 23:10   
how about making it so "auto-fleets" are formed around people of and arbitrary rank (say Admiral) and higher.

here's how it works

you have 1 Admiral

everyone w/in 1000 gu of him is "autofleeted" (use the same collsion code as dictor field) if they leave the boundary, no longer fleeted, have a little icon informing people when they are w/in "fleet" range and who their "fleet commander" is.

or if you have 2 Admirals

each of them gets a 1000gu bubble, but if their bubbles overlap, it joins the two fleets together (1 big 2 admiral fleet) or you could leave it so each admiral gets his own complement of "fleet people" etc.

This would encourage people to follow their "leaders" around.

you may need to allow people to flag themselves as "non-leaders" though if someone is of "admiral" rank but does not want to lead fleets around. shrug. etc. needs tweaking.

perhaps you can just do a system-wide fleet per system.

a entire metaverse wide "fleet" would be too big imo, and people idling would get "Free" prestige.

Page created in 0.028030 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR