No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Punishment for Stat Wores
 Author Punishment for Stat Wores
Blue Ice
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-25 07:12   
Yesterday me and several other members in the ICC spent hours rebuilding 2 entire systems (no completely) due to someone who had just built buildings to get stats. We can not even finish the job becase whoever it was is on -[A]- fleet and locked the planets on GA. That was in the Ross system.

In the IC system almost all the planets there are messed up and most of them are locked on VA and/or does not have enough res (cause it was spent by the wores) to rebuild the planet.

This is no incompetent like someone suggested. This was done intentional just for the sole purpose to get Engineering up. There's a difference between incompetent building and sabatage building, and this is sabatage.

A typical had planet:

3 lvl 3 Extractors mining only Metal
4 lvl 1 Generators
5 Barraks building Inf
3 lvl 1 Fighter Defense
3 lvl 1 Defense Base

and there was usually a problem with the infrastructure as there would not be enough power or people and sometimes food.

There should be a punishment for this ABUSE. I did not pay to spend hours rebuilding all this crud because idiots wanted to get fast stats. But you can't just ignore this problem because we need those planets.

Email Blue Ice
NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-25 07:59   
I believe that whore has an h in it. That said, I agree completely.Unfortunately, the only way I can think of to enforce it requires considerable manual labor. There would need to be some sort of database for these complaints to be stored, if large amounts of these planets are showing up, an admin would have to sift through the server logs, and begin the long process of giving the offender a million warnings as is the DS way.

Now, Im not you, and I dont know the frequency at which you are running into these planets, but I just eat the stat loss. These planets would need to be built anyways, regardless of whether or not they were built badly by someone else.Its not fair, I know, but tael has a 3 woman a day addiction to feed.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2004-03-25 08:16   
For stripping down and rebuilding a planet you dont lose much. In fact it's an extremely good way to make prestige...
So you may not like to build... then find someone who does and let them do it. If they are building badly then help them, don't just take over and complain like crazy.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell (Recruiting){RIP R33} on 2004-03-25 08:23 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-25 10:13   
They built buildings for the sole purpose of getting their Engineering stat up....

Ummm, duh?

Seriously though, if you want to start a Building Noob Patrol, go right ahead. Cause you can't really declare not knowing how to build officially against the Rules.

Fleet Admiral Tbone
Commander of the NSS Red Lobster

[ This Message was edited by: T "Money Bags" Bone [Eh?] on 2004-03-25 10:14 ]

Email Tbone
Ashatwork
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-25 11:01   
Quote:

On 2004-03-25 07:12, Blue Ice wrote:
Yesterday me and several other members in the ICC spent hours rebuilding 2 entire systems (no completely) due to someone who had just built buildings to get stats. We can not even finish the job becase whoever it was is on -[A]- fleet and locked the planets on GA. That was in the Ross system.

In the IC system almost all the planets there are messed up and most of them are locked on VA and/or does not have enough res (cause it was spent by the wores) to rebuild the planet.

This is no incompetent like someone suggested. This was done intentional just for the sole purpose to get Engineering up. There's a difference between incompetent building and sabatage building, and this is sabatage.

A typical had planet:

3 lvl 3 Extractors mining only Metal
4 lvl 1 Generators
5 Barraks building Inf
3 lvl 1 Fighter Defense
3 lvl 1 Defense Base

and there was usually a problem with the infrastructure as there would not be enough power or people and sometimes food.

There should be a punishment for this ABUSE. I did not pay to spend hours rebuilding all this crud because idiots wanted to get fast stats. But you can't just ignore this problem because we need those planets.

Since this has moved on to a public forum (albiet the INCORRECT one -> should be staff feedback)...

As the RoC is worded I can't see how this falls under any of the rules outlined.

Simple incompetence/indifference to building isn't against the rules.

Two comments now that I'm getting a more complete story...

1) Were all the planets locked to GA or VA?

2) When the MV is reset you really DO need more extractors in the very beginning to build stockpiles of resources for ship construction/modding.

If you don't like the way planets have been built you are free to scrap them down and rebuild them.

You brought up the issue of lost prestige.

Building 1 planet up to level 1 tech, then scrapping down buildings and upgrading them -- while taking a while -- nets you 150 engineering construction pts.

So rebuilding the system wouldn't cost you a single thing, it'd only make you prestige.

In conclusion: This really should be a matter between you and your faction. If you have teammates that build undefensible planets you should endevour to teach them better building technique, not only will that net them more prestige when their build but will help your faction as a whole having more and more people who are skilled builders. Why should the staff be expected to enforce teamwork on the factions?

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-03-25 11:01   
Seeing as it was myself who locked the planets i might aswell explain why, the planets were locked for the simple purpose of building up the resources, the shipyards were extremely low on the Resources needed for anything, barely destroyers were avaliable,

while i cannot account for who is responsible for the half built planets i can tell you that i simply for got the planets were locked, im assuming this is in reference to the ross348 system, all planets shall be unlocked as of now with the exception of Ross 8, if anything needs doing there, ill do it personally.

Bansh

**EDIT** Just a quick note, this post is only in reference to the Ross348 system ONLY, not the IC system, i have taken a look and none of the planets in Ross348 are as poorly constructed as stated above, but there are a couple that are lacking, these shall be remedied immediately.

Grand Admiral Banshee, Commander AFS Armageddon. Member Agents High Council

[ This Message was edited by: Banshee on 2004-03-25 11:06 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-25 12:55   
Quote:
i can tell you that i simply for got the planets were locked

That's exactly why I think planets should automatically unlock after a while, because most of the time they're locked because people just forget to unlock them.

And it sucks that your planets were noobfied like that. I can say, as a kluth, that we don't have that problem as bad, but we DO have a problem with planets being locked all the time. Most of the time, like I said, is simply forgetting to unlock them.

Blue Ice
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-25 13:42   
Quote:

On 2004-03-25 11:01, Banshee wrote:
Seeing as it was myself who locked the planets i might aswell explain why, the planets were locked for the simple purpose of building up the resources, the shipyards were extremely low on the Resources needed for anything, barely destroyers were avaliable,

while i cannot account for who is responsible for the half built planets i can tell you that i simply for got the planets were locked, im assuming this is in reference to the ross348 system, all planets shall be unlocked as of now with the exception of Ross 8, if anything needs doing there, ill do it personally.

Bansh

**EDIT** Just a quick note, this post is only in reference to the Ross348 system ONLY, not the IC system, i have taken a look and none of the planets in Ross348 are as poorly constructed as stated above, but there are a couple that are lacking, these shall be remedied immediately.

Grand Admiral Banshee, Commander AFS Armageddon. Member Agents High Council

[ This Message was edited by: Banshee on 2004-03-25 11:06 ]

it was the uncharted systems in the middle just simply named Ross (has Ross 7, Ross 7a, Ross 7b, Ross 7c, ect) also the Inner Core system in the middle as well.

T "Money Bags" Bone [Eh?], the person(s) involved did only to get the stats and leave the planets as useless planets that did nothin for the faction.

Planets were locked both on GA and VA

Could we get somethin goin where the name of whoever build what is there and the name of the person who locked the planet.

so somethin like:

Varience Generator

Workers: 3
Power: +50
Build by: [name of whoever built it]

[EDIT] Oh you want to know what's the problem with that is? The problem is that when you try to fix it, you get stopped because they used up all the resources on the planet renderin it dead until someone brin resources to it.

[ This Message was edited by: Blue Ice on 2004-03-25 13:44 ]

Email Blue Ice
AdmiralChaos {FA}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-26 02:19   
it used to say who build what back in the day, but damn that spammed everyone up real good....

Honour is ALL!

Goto the website of AdmiralChaos {FA}
Antra
Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-03-28 03:56   
Check the name of the nebula. 348.

Email Antra
Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-28 09:45   
Quote:

On 2004-03-25 12:55, Holycannoli wrote:
Quote:
i can tell you that i simply for got the planets were locked

That's exactly why I think planets should automatically unlock after a while, because most of the time they're locked because people just forget to unlock them.

And it sucks that your planets were noobfied like that. I can say, as a kluth, that we don't have that problem as bad, but we DO have a problem with planets being locked all the time. Most of the time, like I said, is simply forgetting to unlock them.

should be like the old days when u log the planet unlocks.....

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-30 17:15   
Give buildings a built-by tag right under the stats, unlock the planets either when the locker logs, or after a certain period of time, and pass some cheese around, people need to relax

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-03-30 19:28   
well..if its a TS planet....and its locked...its because its built the way we want it.if its not locked....then you may build as you wish...but it may be altered by TS at any time.TS SOP......you cap it........you build it........you cap another.then do it again.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Page created in 0.029843 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR