No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +8.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Stations And WH's & JD's
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Stations And WH's & JD's
Archon
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-29 03:04   
Idea!!!

What about making sum sort of station Jump Drive!
(dun know if already suggested)

Here:
Quantium Jump Drive
Fuel Max: 4000
Slot: Wormhole II

Specs:
20% Faster then Tachyon
15% Faster Recharge Then Tachyon

Downfall:
Have To be at complete stop
Drains 20% energy for recharge

Ok so basically, the Q JD is Assault Weapon for stations. I have noticed its harder to even get to a engagement with out having to wait for WH and being able to make a WH in the beginngin.

it would make the WH a Fleet Weapon
And the Q JD would be for assault purposes.

Only a suggestion!!

Comments???

~Insanity Is Only The Beginning~

Email Archon
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-29 03:12   
The current beta version increases the chance for successfully creating a WH. No need for JDs for Stations then

Email Chromix
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-29 05:56   
And give me another heart attack? no way, I played during the time that station was able to jump and its quite scarry actualy(when they POP out of no where)

BTW: I was joking but please dont reput jumping stations:)

stuck in Univercity limbo

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-29 06:26   
@Chromix some persons dont like to fly 2000 gu sublight (minimum range) think about that....

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-29 06:48   
Stations are NOT a tactical Combat or Capping Ship..

Its called a Station for some reason maybe?

Going to an enemy Planet in a Station might be valid, if you know the Planet is going to be captured and want to provide Supply and Protection. However, the Station is NOT meant to be a OFFENSIVE Ship.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-29 10:08   
See above.

Try transports.

Email Tbone
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-29 11:02   
some people simply want to have a jumpdrive on the station they spawn instead of a wormhole which can be used by the enemy as well
and jumps dont fail when you need one...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-29 15:51   
In my opinion this is a bad idea. I rem when stations had the regular Jump Drives, funny to fly in one as the station actually tilted in the direction it was going, but thats off topic. To reinforce what several ppl have stated the station is not an Offensive Ship. Its name even states its purpose, SUPPORT. You wouldnt call an Assault Cruiser a Support Cruiser now would you? The only thing that needs work is the success rate of WH's to be around 90% in open space with nothing within 1050gu at the destination and origin of the WH(Meaning no outside factors to influince this percent chance). Successfully decreasing from this percentage, 1% per 150 gu, stacking and increasing by a factor of 2 every 300gu closer ultimitely reaching a final percentage of 65.5% by selecting the planet it self. For instance a WH creation at 600gu away from a planet would have

x=600 because you are decreaseing the percent chance at 1050gu

90%-[(2205000-4200x+2x^2)/90000]%=y%

90%-[(2205000-4200x+2(600)^2)/90000]%=85.5%

Other variables such as an enemy interdictor would decrease the value by say a factor of 2.5 instead of a regular factor of 2. Just an idea, probably a better system in play but I like to mess with numbers

Goto the website of 0mni
Octurion
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-03-29 17:48   
Quote:

On 2004-03-29 06:26, DOM700 [-IMO-] wrote:
@Chromix some persons dont like to fly 2000 gu sublight (minimum range) think about that....

This is so ture NOT to get to enemy planets but for god shakes to get to your own. When it takes me 10-15 mins(thats if the first wormhole works) just to move from a friendly planet to an other friendly planet so you can mod,get inf, or to SUPPORT a fleet using that planet as a rallying point is just plain NUTS. And how the Shipyards work now just makes this worst.

And please dont say "cry me a river as you dont have to fly stations". This is not ture anymore. You need stations so you can move to the systems without gates with their Wormholes. (otherwise it would just add more pointless time spending in jump just to get to the GAME part of this "game")

Well I would like game play to slow down abit I dont want it slowed down by wasting my time with pointless actions.............

Trinny
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-30 00:14   
Quote:

On 2004-03-29 06:48, Helpless Bunny wrote:
Stations are NOT a tactical Combat or Capping Ship..

Its called a Station for some reason maybe?

Going to an enemy Planet in a Station might be valid, if you know the Planet is going to be captured and want to provide Supply and Protection. However, the Station is NOT meant to be a OFFENSIVE Ship.

Thankies.

Archon
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-30 04:22   
I totally agree with you octurion

~Insanity Is Only The Beginning~

Email Archon
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-30 05:31   

My thoughts

1) Replace the JD with WH drive in all three factions 'Command' Dreads, these are supposed to be the general purpose support ships that form the core of a taskforce.

2) Remove WH from stations, dont replace it with a JD. Yes, that's right no jumping at all in Station. They could use a WH generated by CD. This would make Stations a mostly static structure that can only be spawned from a ship yard and moving one would become a grand endevour require team effort. There would become another barrier to them being used for capping.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-03-30 05:40   
Quote:

On 2004-03-30 05:31, Wyke wrote:

My thoughts

1) Replace the JD with WH drive in all three factions 'Command' Dreads, these are supposed to be the general purpose support ships that form the core of a taskforce.

2) Remove WH from stations, dont replace it with a JD. Yes, that's right no jumping at all in Station. They could use a WH generated by CD. This would make Stations a mostly static structure that can only be spawned from a ship yard and moving one would become a grand endevour require team effort. There would become another barrier to them being used for capping.

Thats really dumb.Stations are usless atm they are easy targets and such statments are ignorant.Id agree if stations had much more firepower and troop capacity but as it is now its amusing to read all nosensys.Think before you write something.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-03-30 08:41   
as far as it being a SUPPORT station thats what I do...I SUPPORT the fleet by keeping em alive long enough to get to the planet...the give the inf cover by placing ship between them and def bases..trannies stay inside stations shields til they able to get into orbit around planet...and as far as WHs go....they're a POS.30% sucess rate of forming is not a reliable number.if nothing else.......give station the option of JD or WH.......(I'll take the JD)and as far as stations not being assault craft....extractors with ecm are?

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-30 09:58   
Quote:

On 2004-03-30 05:40, Piotr-San wrote:

Thats really dumb.Stations are usless atm they are easy targets and such statments are ignorant.Id agree if stations had much more firepower and troop capacity but as it is now its amusing to read all nosensys.Think before you write something.

Attack the argument not to person you dont need to resort to insulting me, especially when you say you'd agree given certain conditions which I never precluded.

I happen to think Stations are lumber death traps, which i why i rarely fly them. However judging by the number of them seen in the MV enough FA/GA disagree with that. Or more likely there are enough newbies willing to charge in to make their ultimate loss worthwhile.

I see the problem with Stations is two fold. Senior ranked players are using them to gain respect in an attempt to impose order on lower ranked players, because they fly a Station their seniority is clearly visible. However the players are not using this position to direct and command they are using it as in the role of uber-assult-transports, to cap planets. They are rarely used for their intended function, support and defense, command and control.

By removing the WH/JD they become essentially a static structure they would not be usable as assult -transports. They are forced into a defense roles, supply and support, command and control. This is a good thing.

When compared to other ships their firepower is pretty low. However compared to planets it is huge. The focus on short/medium range weapons like beams and torps compounds the mentality that uses them as assult ships. A focus on longer range weapons would make them more powerfull in defensive roles and less usefull in assult.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029148 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR