No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Stations And WH's & JD's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Stations And WH's & JD's
Piotr-san
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2004-03-30 10:49   
[quote]
Quote:

Attack the argument not to person you dont need to resort to insulting me, especially when you say you'd agree given certain conditions which I never precluded.

Im not attacking you personaly.I didnt say " wyke is writting complet bs and talks about things he doesnt have even a small clue ".Insteed i evalueted what value that statment represent.

Quote:

I happen to think Stations are lumber death traps, which i why i rarely fly them. However judging by the number of them seen in the MV enough FA/GA disagree with that. Or more likely there are enough newbies willing to charge in to make their ultimate loss worthwhile.

In ds evrything is getting repetive after few months.Even flying a coffin is better then flying 1 ship all the time.

Quote:

I see the problem with Stations is two fold. Senior ranked players are using them to gain respect in an attempt to impose order on lower ranked players, because they fly a Station their seniority is clearly visible. However the players are not using this position to direct and command they are using it as in the role of uber-assult-transports, to cap planets. They are rarely used for their intended function, support and defense, command and control.

Tell me whats called a uber troop transporter ? Is it object which has 12 troops and need to fly 2000gu with 5 gu speed of trany which has 10 troops and need to fly 1000(750)gu with 25 gu(not even counting it takes 4 minutes to recharge stations drive and get 2k gu of a friendly planet......).Second argumant how do you expect a not moving prick and cofin in combat evaluation ship to be able to command ? I wont comment the support and defens role.Itll never happan neither supply capcity nor combat firepower will be increased.There will always be few noobs who will start whining its to uber.Teh only succesful modification to darkspace yo ucan make is to nerf evrything its even become a polictical correctness.

Quote:

By removing the WH/JD they become essentially a static structure they would not be usable as assult -transports. They are forced into a defense roles, supply and support, command and control. This is a good thing.

When compared to other ships their firepower is pretty low. However compared to planets it is huge. The focus on short/medium range weapons like beams and torps compounds the mentality that uses them as assult ships. A focus on longer range weapons would make them more powerfull in defensive roles and less usefull in assult.

My comment about it would be in my previus post.If you want such ship go ahead but its already taken its called defense base.This ship wasnt introduced yet but if itll, have fun siting and pressing spacebar.

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-31 10:41   
I wouldnt mind Stations not haveing WH's or JD's. It would make them a support station, instead of a mass fleet transit. And allow the Command dread to use WH devices only and give the command dread a JD too, this would mean no more Jump Cruiser.

Another idea is to allow any ship to use the WH device but make the WH device require 2 slots, instead of one. IE a regular JD slot and a Eccm/Gen/Ecm/Tractor slot in order to work.

Goto the website of 0mni
Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-31 11:47   
OKAY first of all, only reason phantom is dissin the idea IS BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE WILL NEVER PILOT A STATION and dislikes being massacred by em, secondly the station NEEDS a JD, it is so difficult and frustrating not being able to make a WH because it fails everytime (some days) and then i find myself just logging off, and u said that they inproved the WH %???ROFL no no no u just made it so when it does work we have to travek an extra 1000gu... so sad i cant imagine wut lead u to put a WH in a station in the first place, i thot this game was going towards being more realistic, well if this was real, no one would use a station because of the failure rate of the wormhole.

0mni
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-31 12:47   
One word Dem...

LOL

Goto the website of 0mni
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015125 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR