No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Second v1.482 teaser...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Second v1.482 teaser...
Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-31 17:39   
Quote:

On 2004-03-31 14:41, Gideon wrote:
A bit more of what we have planned for v1.482…

Slot sizes:

The weapon slot comes in three sizes: small, medium, and large. Each weapon has representatives in each slot. We intend for players to be able to swap between torpedoes, missiles, and direct fire in their slots however they wish. This is to allow players to specialize their ship to do the kind of fighting that each player wants to participate in. And, yes, we did go over every single weapon and revised them in order to try and make sure that each one is much more attractive than the others in certain situations.

A couple of the weapons do not have alternate sizes, and so should be mentioned. The sabot rockets are a small class weapon, with medium class damage abilities, but drawbacks in ammo capacity and projectile velocity. Useful against big slow targets, but pretty much useless against small nimble ones. The gauss gun is a medium class weapon, with large class weapon range, but has the drawback of reduced damage infliction. It allows a player to stand off at ranges that it would not normally be able to function at, but that player wouldn’t be able to inflict as much damage as they could with a more conventional weapon.

All fighters and planets now have components that are specifically designed for them. This will allow us to tweak these components, without interfering with the balance of the rest of the game, giving us better control and yielding a superior product in the long run.

WOW! Gideons Idea is really good! Hmmm were have I heard it before?

Quote:

On 2004-03-19 17:44, Purge(Ascension) wrote
Everything customizable!

There are allot of arguments out there that ships and their weapons should be more modifiable, hence while I was just sitting around thinking up solutions:

Removing the EMP cannon from a fighter base in favor of 1.5x faster fighter spawning speeds.
Or with a Defense base, say you had many defense bases but you don't need all of the defensive lasers once you reach a certain amount they jus become repetitious not advantageous. Considering the fact that all of the extra lasers go to waste. You could swap a defensive laser for two EMP cannons, or another IT missile launcher,

You could also trade weapon power for reload time
(Although to raise the weapons power say one level it would raise reload time one point five levels to make it not SO grand).
Also you can trade weapon power for weapon speed
(This includes missiles were engine size and fuel is traded for an additional warhead) and additional speed means additional accuracy.

You could also balance your ships top speed, acceleration, energy output and maneuvering capabilities. This would add an ENTIRELY unique aspect to the game since nearly no ship would be alike and would be adjusted to the owner’s preference. I don’t know about you but if I was on a mission were I wanted to get in and out. Say I was bombing or scouting, I would trade maneuverability and energy for better top speed, acceleration AND reload time. You could even increase Jump Drive recharge time by channeling say 30% energy output of your engines into the recharge rate.

After all we have all seen movies were energy is directed from shields for weapons or from life support to shields whatever.

Feel free to play and tinker with this idea.

P.S. You could also save your personal preferences in a personal preferences list with labels, when using a dread activate your favorite dread makeup for defending or attacking its your choice.

Hmmm...one could call it funny that Tael, Ceridin, Sarge,Baron Von Vitue, and 'Tyrael all flamed my idea yet now when Gideon uses a very similar version of it suddenly its a good idea! But not mine...wait its the same idea...uh oh man do you all look dumb!

Heres some commedy for you!

Quote:

On 2004-03-19 18:28, Sarge -I have the longest name ever- wrote:
8 letters

B
A
D

I
D
E
A
S

they are trying to balance not make uber

HA! HA! HA! HA!

_______
Quote:

On 2004-03-19 18:31, Tael wrote:
currently there is a max limit of devices per ship, so the trade out idea wont work.

as for customize anything, as we learned when it first went in, bad idea... Suddenly you were getting jumped by fleets of EAD's with interdictors and Kluth were running around with PCM gunboats that cloaked and could fire 7 pcm's

I actually worked up a slot based system that would be self balancing, but currently the game cant support that concept...

When did I say that?

Quote:

On 2004-03-19 18:54, -Baron Von Virtu (Yay..no) wrote:
Why does it seem like Beyond's posts use double space between lines?

What is he talking about?

and finaly the proof!

Quote:

On 2004-03-20 01:35, *Defiant* wrote:
i like ur idea charger

Quote:

On 2004-03-20 01:38, NCX-Charger wrote:
Thanks, I stole it myself

I don't know how feasable it is with the current system... Faust?

So far both Charger and then Gideon have used my idea...only slightly tweaked...well...I guess that means that my idea is good too...wow I feel embarrased for all those who flamed me...lol man do they look stupid now !

The sharpest sword does not compare to the sharpest mind...
-Purge

Call me Purge for that is what I do...

[ This Message was edited by: Purge(Ascension) on 2004-03-31 18:21 ]

Email Ascension(Purge)
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-03-31 17:59   
Do try to actually show us the thread before you make a fool out of yourself.

Email Tbone
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-03-31 18:10   
Quote:
For all the JERKS Who flamed my old post which follows you can burn in heck for all I care cause Gideon is using MY IDEA!

Hey now! They flamed me when they used my idea of changing flux waves to weapon II slot. That's the good thing about this dev team, they listen to the players.

Now, I want them to use my idea of changing mines to be faction-neutral (meaning they will detonate on any ship running into them friend or foe), not able to be self-detonated with shift-M, AND not able to seen except with a scanner (not with eccm like we have now). Then they can go back to weapon II slots and we can mod with them again. But it's important that they not be self-detonating on command and that they remain neutral and invisible.

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-03-31 19:12   
Quote:

Littered throughout the MV in spaceports are many components, that are, quite frankly, worthless. For instance, players ditch IE engines immediately. This is because they are the absolutely worst kind of engine in the game.

Perhaps one way to handle engines could be that the older technolgies, e.g. IE drive are older tried and trusted technology, they are more robust and repair quicker because they simpler. As the engine tech increases, they become less tried and less tested so more fragile and slower to repair.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2004-03-31 19:21 ]

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-05 13:52   
As for the dude talking about whos idea it is. Who Cares. work with it. keep the thread to the topic.

As for the Dumping the reactors?? im not sure im a fan of this. maybe adding to the amount of energy an engine produces will help.

The slot changes (ecm,eccm,scanner ONLY slots) not special slots..... THANK YOU no more ECM extractors.

the weight management system will b a dream. imagine: a dessey can now become and "interceptor destroyer" with fast engines and light weapons.... and can become an "assault destroyer" with slow weapons and uber weapons.

MINES: (sry fergot your name) Whoever was talkign about the mines, i like the idea of ANY mine, u hit it, it goes boom. i hate chasing a dessey in my cruiser, then suddenly im at 3% hull and the desseys comming about to finish me off..... i mean, its a great tactic luring an enemy into a mine field, but common, he should at Least have to fly an intatric "safe cource" through the field for his reward.

As for the remot detonation. That better stay. that is a GREAT way to lay a trap. think remot mines in 007 for n64.. Common, that was great.

Invisibility exept for scanners.... Good idea!! scouts will notched up again on importance scale. (they are too under rated for my liking.)

One more bite: why did u take the pres out of beconing? is there a thread to that that ive been to blind to see?

Anyways Im in school right now so ill cut this short now.... Cheers, Meko

Email Meko
Admiral Xeodia
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-05 14:26   
would u be able to put a reactor on a dread? if so how many?

Email Admiral Xeodia
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-05 18:14   
looks like all good stuff to me

Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-05 20:09   
Quote:

On 2004-03-31 17:39, Purge(Ascension) wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-03-31 14:41, Gideon wrote:
A bit more of what we have planned for v1.482…

Slot sizes:

The weapon slot comes in three sizes: small, medium, and large. Each weapon has representatives in each slot. We intend for players to be able to swap between torpedoes, missiles, and direct fire in their slots however they wish. This is to allow players to specialize their ship to do the kind of fighting that each player wants to participate in. And, yes, we did go over every single weapon and revised them in order to try and make sure that each one is much more attractive than the others in certain situations.

A couple of the weapons do not have alternate sizes, and so should be mentioned. The sabot rockets are a small class weapon, with medium class damage abilities, but drawbacks in ammo capacity and projectile velocity. Useful against big slow targets, but pretty much useless against small nimble ones. The gauss gun is a medium class weapon, with large class weapon range, but has the drawback of reduced damage infliction. It allows a player to stand off at ranges that it would not normally be able to function at, but that player wouldn’t be able to inflict as much damage as they could with a more conventional weapon.

All fighters and planets now have components that are specifically designed for them. This will allow us to tweak these components, without interfering with the balance of the rest of the game, giving us better control and yielding a superior product in the long run.

WOW! Gideons Idea is really good! Hmmm were have I heard it before?

Quote:

On 2004-03-19 17:44, Purge(Ascension) wrote
Everything customizable!

There are allot of arguments out there that ships and their weapons should be more modifiable, hence while I was just sitting around thinking up solutions:

Removing the EMP cannon from a fighter base in favor of 1.5x faster fighter spawning speeds.
Or with a Defense base, say you had many defense bases but you don't need all of the defensive lasers once you reach a certain amount they jus become repetitious not advantageous. Considering the fact that all of the extra lasers go to waste. You could swap a defensive laser for two EMP cannons, or another IT missile launcher,

You could also trade weapon power for reload time
(Although to raise the weapons power say one level it would raise reload time one point five levels to make it not SO grand).
Also you can trade weapon power for weapon speed
(This includes missiles were engine size and fuel is traded for an additional warhead) and additional speed means additional accuracy.

You could also balance your ships top speed, acceleration, energy output and maneuvering capabilities. This would add an ENTIRELY unique aspect to the game since nearly no ship would be alike and would be adjusted to the owner’s preference. I don’t know about you but if I was on a mission were I wanted to get in and out. Say I was bombing or scouting, I would trade maneuverability and energy for better top speed, acceleration AND reload time. You could even increase Jump Drive recharge time by channeling say 30% energy output of your engines into the recharge rate.

After all we have all seen movies were energy is directed from shields for weapons or from life support to shields whatever.

Feel free to play and tinker with this idea.

P.S. You could also save your personal preferences in a personal preferences list with labels, when using a dread activate your favorite dread makeup for defending or attacking its your choice.

Ummm I have a fealing that you dont get it.... You see Gid did suggestions that are balanced... not the nonsence you said(altrou your energy balancing was a good idea:))
Quote:

Hmmm...one could call it funny that Tael, Ceridin, Sarge,Baron Von Vitue, and 'Tyrael all flamed my idea yet now when Gideon uses a very similar version of it suddenly its a good idea! But not mine...wait its the same idea...uh oh man do you all look dumb!

Heres some commedy for you!

Ceridin.... I dont know anyone with that name.... Oh and BTW my name is CERIDAN
Quote:

Quote:

On 2004-03-19 18:28, Sarge -I have the longest name ever- wrote:
8 letters

B
A
D

I
D
E
A
S

they are trying to balance not make uber

HA! HA! HA! HA!
[/quote]
we copied me

Quote:

_______
Quote:

On 2004-03-19 18:31, Tael wrote:
currently there is a max limit of devices per ship, so the trade out idea wont work.

as for customize anything, as we learned when it first went in, bad idea... Suddenly you were getting jumped by fleets of EAD's with interdictors and Kluth were running around with PCM gunboats that cloaked and could fire 7 pcm's

I actually worked up a slot based system that would be self balancing, but currently the game cant support that concept...

When did I say that?

Ummm let me think.... you suggestion was not balanced... because think how non-luths would fare aggainst hyper cloaked ships that has -20 in sig AND they have all dictors AND they are fully loaded with PCM(or at least this is what your sugg sugested)
Quote:

and finaly the proof!

Quote:

On 2004-03-20 01:35, *Defiant* wrote:
i like ur idea charger

Quote:

On 2004-03-20 01:38, NCX-Charger wrote:
Thanks, I stole it myself

I don't know how feasable it is with the current system... Faust?

So far both Charger and then Gideon have used my idea...only slightly tweaked...well...I guess that means that my idea is good too...wow I feel embarrased for all those who flamed me...lol man do they look stupid now !

The sharpest sword does not compare to the sharpest mind...
-Purge

Call me Purge for that is what I do...

[ This Message was edited by: Purge(Ascension) on 2004-03-31 18:21 ]

Umm it seams Gid changed your idea ALOT not just slightly.... Since unlike your suggestion we wont be able to change 1 engine for 1 PCM for exemple

stuck in Univercity limbo

Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-05 20:15   
Those things still won't make this game better.

Email Baron Von Virtu
Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-05 20:18   
Question, since the interceptor frigates are so fast, I believe these ships are my best friends. Dont you agree?

[ This Message was edited by: Rogue Spear on 2004-04-05 20:20 ]

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-05 20:52   
I do!

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-05 22:06   
Quote:

On 2004-03-31 17:39, Purge(Ascension) wrote:
blah blah blah

Well aren't you special...

Email Shigernafy
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-06 03:21   
Unf

Carry it HERE

|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-04-06 05:29   
BTW, Many of the ideas that are being implimented are from some time ago...so even though some things might seem similar to something you thought up, they were probably brought up 1-2 years ago...(Yes, we are using some newer suggested ideas as well, but most of this was developed awhile ago and only now being implimented)

As always, we welcome ideas and feedback!

Thanks...

- |2eason -

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-04-06 08:22   
Quote:
THANK YOU no more ECM extractors.

Yes I know! And with the new cloaks Kluth won't have any need of them. It's gonna be great I can't wait.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020870 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR