No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New buildings suggestion by Axianda.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author New buildings suggestion by Axianda.
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-04-05 14:30   
Population habitats.
Currently i noticed that planets not consist for aprox 20-30% out of domes alone that not counting the farms.
Since a planet also needs defense this leaves very little room for anything else.
I’ve come up whit some idea’s that might help out whit this issue.

New Domes

NAME
Dome

Description
A standard dome offers a planet habbitat for 10 population.
It offer moderate defense against attacks and requires no population to opperate

Requirements/gains
Metals: 100
Power: 5

Gains.
Population: +10

NAME
Metropolis

Desciption
The metropolis was constructed in the inner core systems first after noticing the need for larger housing,
Although it can support double the population of a standard dome it defense is light due to its size.
Also the technology needed for these buildings is high due to the refined building style.
It also needs maintenance personal to keep it together as well as more power.

Requirements/gains
Workers: 2
Power: 10
Metals: 1500
Hvy Metals: 500
Cryo Metals: 500
Urdanium: 250
Oxygen: 250
Technology: 50

Gains.
Population: +20

*** NOTE ***
Now im already seeing planets FULL of these things just one reminder is armor is LOW 2-3 bombs can take it out and thus 20 of yer workers which doenst do any good to yer planet, thats the thing that makes this actually a bad building.
You build it dont whine if you loose the planet so easely

Name
Industrial center

Description
Heavy metal planet citizens were uneasy seeing most of the metals being shipped out to big indutry planets for low prices.
That is why the industry section of the population ordered the design of a Industrial center.
Serving both as living quarters as well as factory these buildings were the latest in the industry.

Requirements/gains
Workers: 1
Power: 10
Metals: 1500
Hvy Metals: 1500
Cryo Metals: 500
Hypermatter: 100
Darkmatter: 100
Hydrogen: 100
Oxygen: 100
Technology: 45

Gains.
Builtin factory, items take 2x longer than standalone factory to be built.

Name
Research colony

Description
Scientist on the more distant worlds were complaining about the poor research services offered to the began to modify theyr own domes for theyr needs, after long years of hard work they finished theyr first prototype.
A passing engineer saw the marvel and proposed to further develop the idea so that it would be offered to other worlds.
The result was a state of the art residence where ONLY scientists would live.
Generating 10 population it would also add 10 research points to the planet.
However due to the high level of tech in the building its tough to build one.

Requirements/gains
Workers: 3
Power: 13
Metals: 1000
Hvy Metals: 500
Cryo metals: 2000
Hypermatter: 500
Darkmatter: 250
Hydrogen: 150
Oxygen: 200
Technology 70

Gains.
Research: +10

Wormholes

Now the following building is being suggested after seeing and experiencing the current MV whit the use of shipbased Wormholes.
As i see it now the current range on the shipbased wormhole devices is just INSANE.
Currently station or the ICC JC, are able to get a fleet deep into enemy territory whitin minutes now im not opposed to the idea of deep attacks but i am against it if its so darn easy.
In V1480 you could also make it into nmy territory but it would take one hell of a time b4 you got there, that partly contributed to the effect of DAMN we got hit bad and the surprise.
Right now in aint surprised at all when one of the backsystems of the ICC get attacked.
How here is the suggestion i have came up with.

First of all neuter the ship based WH devices... sorry to say it but those buggers are WAY to powerfull in my opinion.
The fact that they are instant travel is a HUGH plus already maybe give em 1.5 the range of a station/dread but thats it.

Before
Wormhole 1 device
Range: 1.5 million Gu
Wormhole 2 device
Range 2.5 million Gu

After
Wormhole 1 device
Range: 750.000 Gu
Wormhole 2 device
Range 1.5 million Gu

No i see you ppl say WOOOOO thats one HUGE range cut are ya insane well there is more.
First of all i heard players complain that some systems arent connected whit jumpgates, this however is something i like so i wont touch that.
However i do have an alternative even IF it comes whit one HELL of a price ticket

Giving you the Planetary Catapult, or in normal terms a planetary based wormhole generating building.
This building is revolutionary it can create a wormhole to ANY part of the metaverse BUT and here is the catch it requires RAW metals to generate one and A LOT of em as well.
To be able to create a wormhole from planet to planet BOTH planets need to have a Catapult building that eliminates the threat of instant deepcore system invasions

Here are the details.

Name
Planetary Catapult

Description
The planetary catapult was the prototype of the shipbased Wormhole devices, it was created and tested in an expeditionary fleet but was cancled when the fleet failed to report in and went missing.
However the scientists solved the problem and came up whit the solution to send the WH to a receiver station thus creating the Catapult system.
However the system itself was still extremely power hungry and rescource hungry which became worse the further the receiver station was.

Rescources
Workers: 15
Power: 60
Metals 1000
Hvy Metals: 750
Hypermatter: 1000
Darkmatter: 500
Cryo metals: 3000
Technology: 85

Now this was the easy part here comes the shock for most players and prolly the big comotion.
The metals needed are counted PER million Gu and rounded up no matter what. Even when the range counter says 1.000.001.0 gu it will take rescources away for 2Mil Gu.
Im not sure how much rescources it should cost per Million but here goes.

Metal type Ammount
Metal 500
Hvy Metals 500
Hypermatter 10000
Darkmatter 5000
Cryo-metals 6000
Urdanium 3500
Hydrogen 4000

Time to recharge Now per 1mil Gu it takes 5 min to recharge adding 1 min for each additional 1mil gu.
So 3 mil range takes 7 min to recharge. You miss it to bad.

Now these might look steep but remember this prevents an enemy to have an constant stream of reinforcments whitout a SY present.
Also your flying thru thru half the MV just be glad the admins arent putting up toll booths

This building enables your faction to connect the loose systems whit the homeground BUT it comes whit a price a big one to so better
use it wisely or you might not be able to generate one when you need it.

You can't outrun Death forever...
But you can make the bastard work for it.....

MSN: Axianda@hotmail.com

[small][ This Message was edited by: Axianda *XO* on 2004-04-05 14:32 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Axianda *XO* on 2004-04-05 14:34 ]

- Axi

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-05 15:41   
*Pulls out the Shotgun of Thread Mashing and shoots Axi down faster than he can say "EEP!"*

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-04-05 15:44   
Quote:

On 2004-04-05 15:41, Hirad Coldheart wrote:
*Pulls out the Shotgun of Thread Mashing and shoots Axi down faster than he can say "EEP!"*

gee i just love constructive critisism dont you?

- Axi

Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-05 15:52   
You have some really good ideas in there, some where in there

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-04-05 16:21   
Well, every idea except the Catapult go down with me...

I mean, its not really ridiculous for ship based WHs, they fail 8 times out of 10 anyways, so it takes a long time before anything can be done.

Also, it actually makes stations USEFUL again, instead of big lumbering coffins.

And lastly, that WH device only works from "Friendly Planet to Friendly Planet" which makes it, completely worthless for the ammount of resources it takes. Most times when you want to get from system to system, it has to be quick and easy. Sure that works, but the resource cost is so obcene it gets rid of the fact that it can be used on a regular basis, which they need to be.

HOwever, all other ideas sound great, this one just doesnt go down well with me.

-Ent

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-04-05 16:54   
Well i have to admit that the Catapult idea is a bit high reached but looking at the rescources it might actually work since no planet could make moer then 5-10 WH's

- Axi

Hybok
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-05 16:58   
i think the catapult idea and the domes is good but the shortening of the ship based WHs is to much

Sky
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-04-05 17:29   
All great ideas, BUT I got a lil problem with the catapult, shipbased WHs arent useing any resources, so I dont see why planetary WH whould use so many resources.

I think I got an alternative for that, say the catapult is resources free if its target is another friendly planet with another catapult. But if you want to target a friendly planet without catapult or an enemy planet, it effectively would cost all the resources you listed before, cause in this case the receiver for the catapult is missing.

my 2 cent.

[EDIT] Such buildings would really improve the game, I really hope this be looked into someday soon

Sky.

[ This Message was edited by: Sky on 2004-04-05 17:32 ]

Sky.

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-05 17:52   
I am definatly for domes 1 2 and 3, just like how (almost) every other buildign is 1 2 and 3 (research labs, def bases, farms, why not domes) but my main issue with the shortining of ship wh's is taht they're already pretty bad, why make them worse? (they fail a lot of the time, take FAR too long to recharge, and remove your jump drive) theres more to it than that but I'm lazy and refuse to type it.