No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New buildings suggestion by Axianda.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author New buildings suggestion by Axianda.
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-04-06 07:51   
Quote:

On 2004-04-06 07:46, Juxtapose Likes Ponies wrote:

The ship catapult is pretty cool idea too. Are you talking about something that propells you great distances at, say 4 times the speed of an AM Jump Drive? There should be a limited drawback to such rapid transit, perhaps ships travelling via Catapult are detectable a good 20 secs out from their destination. . I'm not so sure about the insane metal usage though...

Hmmm havent thought of that option, yes that would be a great feature for it but the problem i think of is that does the path need to be clear or not?
If so then the outlying planets would get some use since almost nothing is in the way, it would also prevent those jump to the otherside whit easy things.
If this would get done i think you could cut the costs by 5 fold and the WH could remain as it is.
sweet idea

- Axi

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-06 08:10   
I would envision the catapult as being simply an oversized Particle Accelerator/Rail Gun. It accelerates you in a straight line for a set distance at enormous speeds. . . so, yes, a clear path would be recommended. This way, it would not be limited between planets which have them.

But, I don't think it should be used to bridge the Gulf between the Faction Sectors, well...not entirely...If you have one of these Catapults on The Edge of ICC Space, like at Luyten, It will be able to get you, maybe half way to the next System, but it would only take you 20 secs to get that far...which would be the main benefit. From there, you would have to Jump it...maybe an additional 200 secs. When you got to UGTO Space (maybe a dread still wouldn't make it with out a supply) you would not have enough gas to get back.

But I'd see the Catapult more as a rapid transit in-systems than to get between systems. Be useful to have on the front lines. Getting to a planet that is under attack in 10 secs instead of 40 secs has its benefits.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-04-06 08:18   
Well thats why i said that the Catapult needs to have a receiver station, that way it can be used like you suggested but cannot be abused since its not able to send you to deep space, right now all we do is get a SY online but this might be a good alternative

- Axi

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.013817 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR