No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +12.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Metaverse 1.481: Human Quadrant Discussion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Metaverse 1.481: Human Quadrant Discussion
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-21 00:06   
still lookin for one of my maps... say where did that thread go that announced the map contest winners... and weren't they told their maps would make it into the new MV... weird...

|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-04-21 00:22   
Quote:
Also, just to note, since I have been getting this question: Yes, All the maps entered in the Map Contest will eventually be entered into the Metaverse over time, not just the winners... (They may, however, have gone through extensive re-design to fit our current MV Concept, but we will try to keep the maps in tact as much as possible.) Also, if you would like to submit updates for your maps that were entered into the Map Contest, Please feel free to do so, I will be putting up a thread in the near future for this purpose.

If you need a copy of your map, please contact me and I will try to get it for you.

- |2eason -

[ This Message was edited by: |2eason on 2004-04-21 00:23 ]

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

Aragorn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-21 02:52   
My two bits....

Doesn't the Sol system seem huge compared to all the others?

Email Aragorn
Reason
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-28 03:51   
- Removed the Asteroids around Inner Core in Nicea4456

- |2eason -

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-05-17 04:20   
Ok have been flying through the MV for a while and have a few suggestion for ya, alhough they are a bit late

The main thing i have on my mind is that the current Jump Gates have NO function anymore, people dont use em anymore since 1 WH can get you in the next system and maybe even further into the MV.
this is something that i personally dont like, its ok to have a fast transport system but we dont have to go supersonic thru the MV.

My suggestion is as follows.
every system that is linked by jumpgates will have a minimum of 3Mil GU of space between em.
that way the Jump Gates make a realy good alternative again.

the systems that are NOT linked to other system by jump gates will have a MAX distance of 1.5mil Gu between them.... this will allow a WH to get ships there in a flash since there are no jumpgates as an alternative.
Long jump should be possible as well although a supply for the bigger ships would be handy

This will make the defense of a system a lot better since i will require 1-2-3 stations to get near an enemy system fast if you dont have 1 of the inner systems, this will also give the inner systems more value as a base of operations role.

i know that you didnt want to make the game depend on front lines but in my opinion you realy need some of that style, you can still head to the back of the enemy systems but it just has to take a LOT of time to get there like in 1480.

well that my 2cents on this matter.

- Axi

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-17 14:24   
I would suggest moving the Andosia system more towards the center of the Metaverse....Its a sweet defensive cluster and can hold many SY's which makes it a very nice system to be placed near all the action...

My 2 cents

-Switch
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-17 18:31   
I don't want to be a pill (maybe a placebo), but I have to ask, since I can't get on to check for myself:

Is the planet Solomon implemented yet?

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.019351 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR