Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » LAG IN THE mETAvERSE
 Author LAG IN THE mETAvERSE
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-06 22:01   
Sorry but today Tuesday the Sith of April i lost four fully moded ships in the metaverse. NOT because i was unable to fly my ships, it was becasue of lag from too many misles, and other objects. i turned all my detials to low, even changed resaloution to its lowest. still the LAG got me. I'm on cable but i have a slow system a 800 megaherz cpu with 6something megs of memory and a radon 9000. please please tell me that it is something other than my comptuer and please try to fix it.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-06 22:15   
Quote:

On 2004-04-06 22:01, Lenna Yamazaka wrote:
Sorry but today Tuesday the Sith of April i lost four fully moded ships in the metaverse. NOT because i was unable to fly my ships, it was becasue of lag from too many misles, and other objects. i turned all my detials to low, even changed resaloution to its lowest. still the LAG got me. I'm on cable but i have a slow system a 800 megaherz cpu with 6something megs of memory and a radon 9000. please please tell me that it is something other than my comptuer and please try to fix it.

Looks like you're experiencing system lab Lenna. Too much stuff for your computer to handle so your FPS goes into the tank. Try using alt-p in game to get your stats.. If you see your triangle count spike and your FPS drop it's 99% your system getting bogged down rendering stuff.

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-06 22:50   
doesnt that just tell you something Ash?

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-04-06 23:16   
I die either when (a) uggies use so many fighters the sys lags out.(B) lag out and hit planets in orbit.(c)they reset sys during an assault by ICC.which has happened the last 5 assaults I have lead...coincidence?????????????? its not often I die by enemy ships.it happens.but not as much as the lag kills.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-07 13:19   
You're right plunged. You see, the UGTO have taken over the Admin team and now are using it to stop every single ICC attack into UGTO controlled system by reseting the server.

Email Tbone
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-07 13:45   
I'm not saying you were being sarcastic T-Bone, but if you were, your sarcasm sure has improved...

But, if you weren't, I totally agree with you! Ever since the PaleStar Fleet moved from ICC to UGTO, the ICC servers have been nerfed! Plunge isn't kidding! Here are some examples of how the UGTO have utilzed their newest weapon, the [Admin] bomb:

1.) The ICC Capture Sol. Suddenly, the entire system revolts...not yellow, mind you, but to Red, to UGTO! Rumors abound that a new and powerful weapon is being developed by the UGTO and that this was just a preliminary testing.

2.) Suddenly, the shape of the Metaverse is altered! New Clusters can be found in Sol, hub of the Imperial UGTO and new stomping ground for the [Admin] clan

3.) After taking pity on those six-limbed outcasts, the K'luth by allowing them to conquer CD*36 and allowing the UGTO to have Xi Booty, the Metaverse 'Decides' to Shut down right as the massed ICC recapping fleet gets in orbit of Exthera? <---No Joke!

4.) My Boss, undoubtably an UGTo sympathizer, catches me on the internet while writing a post to my ICC clan and docks me an hours pay! How did she know? I checked the log. Moments before she came over, she had received a phone call from Austin, Texas...

Coincidence? Hysterical nonsense? Paranoid delusions? I don't think so, here's why:

5.) Several hours after forceably, but quietly and cleanly, breaking into the apartment above mine to "borrow" some of their Digital Cable by splicing their line and running it down to my computer, I get a knock on the door. Who should it be? That's right, my upstairs neighbor, flanked by some Jack-Booted Fuzz...

...and what had I been using that digital cable on? Crushing the UGTO's attempt at capturing Exthera... I wonder who ratted me out? I wonder which of the [Admin]s has been parked outside my apartment at 2:am with those infared binoculars, spying on me? Don't think I don't see you!

So, the proof of your guilt is out! You've been busted....

Try and talk your way out of this one, UGTO!

Iglooman (SF)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-07 16:47   
I think this 'lag' (for lack of a better, more fun term) is really just a preparation for the improvements coming in 1.482. I heard they were planning on introducing a new ship component called the "Lag Inhibitor". This new component can be upgradable via higher tech, and will replace all your missle and/or fighter slots.

This will allow you to fly smoothly through all combat, although at the cost of being reduced to a purely beam weapon ship, and causing a large power draw. So more strategy will be needed to be effective, as you'll have to choose when will be the wisest time to fire your beams, since they'll take about 30 seconds to recharge due to the lack of power.

Mike Drenth - Temagami

Goto the website of Iglooman (SF)
Hawk™
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-07 18:47   
Lenna Ad-Aware does wonders

Email Hawk™
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-07 21:13   
This is getting VERY VERY upseting to me i should not be doing this but the LAG is PI$$ING me off please someone tell me FOR SURE if it is my computer or if it is the Game.

Oh and one more thing i have been seeing is EVEY time i go into a battle with the UGTO i have a self defence beam,s on. and i look down and SD is OFF> NOW WTF is causing that to happen.?? AND i belive the UGTO is trying to mess with the ICC becasue there ALL on the ADMIN team. THE ADMIN TEAM IN MY OWN THOUGHT MUST! ! ! MUST BE MADE UP OF EQUAL PARTS OF THE ICC, UGTO, AND KLUTH TO MAKE IT FAIR. And if someone changes side once in the admin team they will be kicked and have to reaply IF the slots for the faction he joined to are full, he CAN NOT get back on.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
USS Brett A. Scott
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-07 22:14   
MV lag will always be there, but the Uggies reseting the server when anyone starts getting the upperhand really ticks me off, take the loss and quit being sore losers, the K'luth and ICC take their losses, you should do the same

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-07 22:16   
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh yea.. Evil Evil Staff favoring the UGTO Faction.. Evil evil thing.. better stop..

*plonk plonk plonk*

Page created in 0.032399 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR