No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Failed to create wormhole ... where have I heard that before ?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Failed to create wormhole ... where have I heard that before ?
Sky
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-04-08 05:52   
"Huh ? Failed again ?" is now the favourite sentence of the Hive pilot.

Yesterday night, we were trying to capture awaiad in BD, I was the hive.
We were all at Awaiad, after droping, i tryied to put a wormhole back to sirius, I just kept on failing, after 25 mins trying to open a wormhole, we just got bored and logged...

Now I know this already been stated before, but hey, this really need to be adressed real quick, as they are now, WHs are useless, until they suceed more often. this device really is a neat addition but..

Sky.

Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 06:11   
let me guess, your hive were in a dictorfield while you were try to create a wormhole?

Goto the website of Patriarch
Sky
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-04-08 06:15   
hum yeah. Does that mean we cant mut a WH under a dictorfield ?

Sky.

Patriarch
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 07:37   
just try....

Goto the website of Patriarch
Archon
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-08 08:38   
i get it too work under dictor field. what ya do is fly 400gu + in the opposite direction of the planet. and ur target must be at least 1kgu + out for a good successful rate.

~Insanity Is Only The Beginning~

Email Archon
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 10:45   
Wormhole creation chance was substantially increased recently (thank you, Chromix).

However, there are certain things you can do to affect the probability of creating a wormhole.

1. Don't target a planet or star. If you target the actual planet or star, it seems to immensly lower the chances of creation. This is a bug. You should control-click in space instead.

2. Interdictor fields and planet/star hitboxes "push" the end point of the wormhole out of them. If you go to create one inside of one of these areas, the end point (the spot you clicked in space, not the point at your ship) will be "pushed" out of the area.

3. If the simulation "pushes" your end point into the hitbox of a planet/star or another interdictor field, then the wormhole creation is extremely likely to fail. I just about guarantee it. Make sure there is plenty of space around the point you select where there are no planet/star hitboxes and no interdictors.

4. Interdictor field rules apply to both friendly and hostile interdictor fields.

5. The game should not be checking for whether the creating ship is in an interdictor field or not when it makes a wormhole. The wormhole should (at least, it did in testing) appear within the interdictor field, next to the creating ship, as normal. This applies to all sources of interdictor fields.

6. Wormholes created to open space should have an almost guaranteed chance of success.

Hope that helps clear this up.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra

[ This Message was edited by: Gideon on 2004-04-08 10:55 ]

Email Gideon
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-08 10:49   
Quote:

On 2004-04-08 10:45, Gideon wrote:
[*]Interdictor field rules apply to both friendly and hostile interdictor fields.

Youre kidding right? Stations now have to fly 1000 Gu on normal drives before they can create a wormhole?

Sorry but thats a retarded idea... 0.o

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 10:50   
Quote:

On 2004-04-08 10:49, Barthezzz wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-04-08 10:45, Gideon wrote:
[*]Interdictor field rules apply to both friendly and hostile interdictor fields.

Youre kidding right? Stations now have to fly 1000 Gu on normal drives before they can create a wormhole?

Sorry but thats a retarded idea... 0.o

Quote:

The game should not be checking for whether the creating ship is in an interdictor field or not when it makes a wormhole. The wormhole should (at least, it did in testing) appear within the interdictor field, next to the creating ship, as normal. This applies to all sources of interdictor fields.

No, they don't have to fly away. The starting point (the point at the ship creating it) should be located as normal, right next to the ship, reguardless of the presence of any interdictors of any faction.

[ This Message was edited by: Gideon on 2004-04-08 10:56 ]

Email Gideon
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 10:55   
Yep, you can create a wormhole if you're inside an interdictor field.
Even better: you should be able to create a wormhole to a friendly planet with an interdictor on it.

Email Chromix
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-08 10:59   
Quote:

On 2004-04-08 10:50, Gideon wrote:
No, they don't have to fly away. The starting point (the point at the ship creating it) should be located as normal, right next to the ship, reguardless of the presence of any interdictors of any faction.

Ah okay.

@Chromix hehe yeah i know, You can form Wormholes in anything that you can orbit at 200 Gu away.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 11:00   
Quote:

On 2004-04-08 10:55, Chromix wrote:
Even better: you should be able to create a wormhole to a friendly planet with an interdictor on it.

Ahh, cool. Didn't know that got worked out as well. Guess I wasn't paying that much attention.

Email Gideon
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-08 17:09   
So, from what I gather:

1) If you create a wormhole from inside a friendly interdictor or in open space to another area inside a friendly dictor or open space, the wormhole will work normally.

2) If you create a wormhole from inside a friendly interdictor or in open space to an area inside an enemy interdictor the wormhole exit will be pushed outside the enemy interdictor area.

3) If you create a wormhole from inside an enemy interdictor it will work normally as long as the exit point in inside open space or a friendly dictor.

Or am I completely off base?

Fleet Admiral Tbone
Commander of the NSS Red Lobster

[ This Message was edited by: T "I Need Better Sarcasm" Bones on 2004-04-08 17:10 ]

Email Tbone
Chromix
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 17:18   
Correct, but:
Quote:
...will be pushed outside the enemy interdictor area...

There is a chance that its created outside of the dictor field. Or it simply fails.

Email Chromix
Seraph
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-08 17:23   
I always fly 500 away from a planet and open wh at least 800 away and i NEVER fail

TAZ
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-08 18:23   
Quote:

On 2004-04-08 10:55, Chromix wrote:

The only way I have been able to form a wormhole near a freindly planet with any consitancy is by aiming almost 1000gu away from the target planet, and when your worming from one freindly to another it just makes no sense to have to wait 5 min for a failed worm to recharge!

Is there any way to make the stations jump line a different color or something like that to let the person attempting to form a wormhole that there is a high probability of failure?? I feal that this would cut down on the failed worms!

Email TAZ   Goto the website of TAZ
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026684 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR