No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Staff Announcements » » Moderator Meeting tomorrow...
 Author Moderator Meeting tomorrow...
Evil Bob
Marshal
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2001-11-05 01:49   
Unfortunately, I will be working during tomorrow's meeting and will be unable to attend.

Topics I'd like bring up (mostly bugs) at the meeting:

Ship selection menu: it needs to be static, tring to click on a ship as they're constantly re-arranging themselves plain sucks. It would be much better to have the list not sort itself as resources become available, better to simply highlight the ships that can be purchased.

Last ship used default: I really hate having to dig through the jumbled list each time I want to select the same ship I've been playing, I'd like to see the list highlight by default the last ship I used in that game, that way when I crater from lag, I only need to click on "Select" to rejoin.

Text buffer in ship selection screen: What's up with the last 15-20 minutes of messages being redisplayed in the ship selection screen? I can't tell you how many times I've crashed at the ship selection screen tonight or tried to send a vital message to my teammates to only get stuck watching stuff I typed 20 minutes ago scroll by.

Nasty "New Version" server bug tonight that's forcing ALL servers in the list to restart every 15 minutes... all time record low player count due to constant restarts.

The dreaded "Can't shoot" bug: I've got this isolated down to a situation when you constantly click on the "Select" button hoping to purchase a ship before someone else eats up all the RES when there currently isn't enough to purchase the ship you want. If the ship is selected in that split second that res is availabe BEFORE your client shows the ship as being available for purchase, you willl end up with a ship that cannot shoot. An easy way to tell if it will shoot or not is to enable ECM/ECCM, if it doesn't turn on, you have the bug. Basically, the bug appears to affect all gadgets and makes them unusable. To get past the bug, simply return to the jump gate and reselect the same ship, as long as you client shows that the ship is available for purchase, you won't get the "can't shoot" bug.

-Evil Bob

[ This Message was edited by: Evil Bob on 2001-11-05 01:53 ]

shadedancer
Cadet
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2001-11-05 05:35   
Hello ppl,

sorry, as Evil Bob, I won't be able to join in tonight.

The only thing I'd like to mention is that the english and german FAQ are up-to-date most of the times, bio gets some plunge ahead normaly, but with the new "how actual..." questions things run far easier...

your shadedancer

One rule: Don't be stupid!
It's an expansive rule that covers a lot of ground

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2001-11-05 08:22   
Since we are on subjects for tonight’s meeting:

1. What to do about the unlinked MV-servers ?

2. What to do about players exploiting MV-servers ?

3. Mod Functions VS. Clan affiliations.

Problems With some players in drawing conclusions that any function a moderator performs also is done on behalf and linked to the Clan he currently is in.

So if a moderator do an action based on player behavior in game or chat, it seams that this kick back to the clan he belongs to, resulting in diplomatic disputes between clans.

Any solutions to this ?

4. Do we need to have some kind of official RoC relating to Clans and Clan behavior ?

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Lord_Binary
Midshipman

Posted: 2001-11-05 08:27   
because I probably can't come to todays meeting
a clear
no to

Do we need to have some kind of official RoC relating to Clans and Clan behavior ?

If we have a RoC for individuals, why do we need one for clans ?

how should it look like ? differ ?

"Don't mention it! I have some bad Homo Sapiens!"
"

Email Lord_Binary
chris aka sunshine
Cadet

Posted: 2001-11-05 10:04   
meeting will start inb ~ 3 hours.

we've to talk about a alternative date for our meeting, because many of the non european mods have problems to participate atm ..

i'm i'll, so i won't participate in the whole meeting maybe ... we'll see hehe

Email chris aka sunshine   Goto the website of chris aka sunshine
DoomDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2001-11-05 15:16   
You can easily avoid problems when you don't join a clan as long you are a mod. And when you need a clan, create a second account for clan games. Or you must live with any problems which may come

Page created in 0.020123 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR