No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » locking of planets
 Author locking of planets
air
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-19 08:43   
1) the locking of a planet should not lock the sy or factorys please fix this.
2) or just get rid of tyhe locking sys

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-19 08:49   
ok say they get rid of the locking system and you spend hours getting YOUR planet right the way you want it to be. then you leave it .
{DAY PASSES}

You try to spawn at your planet but can not. so you spawn near it and head to it to find out some newbie has scrapped EVERYTHING and made it into a sensoer planet or a inf fram planet. or just made it a worthly planet that the other factions can VERY easly take over.

I WANT the locking system the way it CURRENTLY is EXCEPT you may IF NOTHING is being made in the factory buld things in there. as i have had trobles with somone stoping things i have been waiting on durning modding. AND i have had the planet thing happen to me also. so to put it best. . . . . . . .

LEAVE THE LOCKING SYSTEM ALONE OR MAKE IT TO WERE SOMEONE CAN JUST CLICK TO BUILD SOMETHING BUT NOT STOP ANYTHING UNLESS IT IS A PLANET OF THERE OWN FLEET.

*Steps off her HIGH horse and goes about her way*

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-19 11:17   
I think the locking system is a great way to give a value to rank besides having better ships available.

although I support this system, i have seen some silly situations:

- I was building my 'ultimate planet' and was progressing quite nicely when suddenly, a fleet admiral locked the planet and took over the building

- I was playing on the metaverse when suddenly, a player locked all planets and was later found playing on the other side while preventing us from building any planets so he could capture the planets without any resistance

especially the last example was very nasty!

I think it would be better that once you change faction while you have locked planets, those planets will be unlocked, to prevent this form of cheating.

as for the first example, would it be possible to show who locked a planet? At least this will expose some of the nasty players that abuse the system as it currently is.

[ This Message was edited by: 42861 on 2004-04-19 11:18 ]

hellcane
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-19 12:03   
i like the locking system as it stands except there should be an option to let people use the sy/factory as well as if you leave the server your planet is unlocked

nothing more annoying than working on a planet then seeing some retard scrap the def bases to throw up barracks or ect

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-19 13:19   
42861 report those indaviduals immediatly, thats a gross abuse of rank.

also, locking system = good as is. EXEPT, i like the lady from ravens idea (sry fergot name) that u can build stuff in fact, but not cancle.

also planets should only unlock when u switch factions, not leave server.

my ideas

Email Meko
air
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-19 13:32   
well tell you somthing sy should never be locked if planet is locked why?

1) i wanted to change from an ad to get a dictor so we could get uggy bombers and supplys. but gesss what planets were lock by a ga and couldnt change ships with out diying or logging or jumping to a diff sys

not to smart if you ask me so from now on if sy are locked i wont wast my time trying to def them not woth the hassle

in other words you lock sy planet you can def it because of my style of play i change ships as needed for group if i cant do that its not worth my time ill go bombing or find another fight.

i dont mind the not being able to scrap or build on it but no use of factory or sy is just dumb.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-19 14:11   
Either that, or instead of having the rank lock it, which ever fleet that planet belongs to, they lock it and only other members of that fleet can unlock it, this way if one fleet is working on it, you dont have someone which a higher rank boot you away and lock it so you cant do anything while they build, solves most of the problems anyway

And with reguards to the SY lock keep it, some fleets would actually want to have their planets BUILD UP IN RESOURCES before ship after ship comes piling out of the Sy.

My two cents

-Unknown Warrior

Email UnknownWarrior
Page created in 0.017004 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR