No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » A note to development & Admins.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author A note to development & Admins.
James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-04-19 13:08   
I've being having problems in game: ex. 1. My ship freezes during play. 2. My ship keeps heading in one direction, unable to turn, shoot, jump etc.

Is making my playing experince very umpleasant specially when heading towards a planet the ship just keeps going straight.

I have lost too many modded ships to keep count, and it hurting my profile. The ships I can replace but the profile counts all deaths wether they are combat related or bugs in the patch.

I had about enough of this, specially since im paying for this game I expect to play with a clear mind not worrying if Im gonna crash into the next planet I orbit or able to jump the next time I press J.

Dont get me wrong I still love this game but.

Email James Bum007
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-19 13:15   
they are workin on the lag man.

also what connection u have? what computer? everyone keeps talking lag but the harshest lag ive experianced is not being able to turn for 3 seconds. and that happend Once. chat lag always happens but thats insignificant.

maybe its not the game, u have all recent drivers? enough memory?

i think the game "requirments" are not up to par.

Email Meko
James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-04-19 14:07   
I have cable connection, 768MB Ram, P4 2.6ghz, NVIDIA card 256MB RAM etc. I have all the requirements needed to play the game and more. I never had these problem with the old patch.

Quote:

On 2004-04-19 13:15, Meko wrote:

also what connection u have? what computer? everyone keeps talking lag but the harshest lag ive experianced is not being able to turn for 3 seconds. and that happend Once. chat lag always happens but thats insignificant.

Email James Bum007
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-19 15:16   

This is not lag, this is a complete lose of control, the game continues as normal, you just have your ability to control anything removed.

I raised this issues a week ago, IMHO this should be the number one priority problem, and its been ignored.

http://www.darkspace.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=27714&forum=2&7

Ive lost twice as many ships to this problem since the patch as ive lost to combat.

Palestar seems to be forgetting we are paying customers.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-19 15:21   
Quote:

dude u havent been around long enough to comment on this it lagged before the patch came out and the worst thing of all is 1.480 was way better even with the lag.......

[ This Message was edited by: Smith on 2004-04-19 15:22 ]

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-19 15:31   
Quote:

THIS IS NOT LAG, IT IS A BUG.

I've waited for minutes for this problem to clear, it never does, without restarting the client, and sometimes that doesnt work first time either.

I have DSL 384Kbps on 1:1 contention, DS rarely uses more than a fraction of that, it peaks at about 38kps, and averages ~29kps. My ping is typically 120-140ms.

My PC is a 2.1Ghz with 800Mhz FSB and 1Gig of DDR Ram, RAID Disks. It is fully patched XP and drivers, and running a very light software load.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Aspro
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-19 18:02   
James i have the same problems maybe it is the country you live in but who knows some guys have no lag and other tons of lag. the previous patch i was 100%lag free.
I hope it its gonna be better someday.
Because this is the best online game i ever played.

Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2004-04-19 20:51   

I dont think it's a location thing. I have the same problems in High fighter, missle count sorties. Unable to direct the heading, speed, fire control of any size ship I might be in comand of ath the time.

To settel the hardware idea's I run an AMD 3200+XP on ABIT NF7-S with 1 gig of PC3200(corsair xms) in 400Mhz dual channel mode, Western Digital 120gig cavier, with a Soundblaster Audigy 2 and ATI 9700pro. I have this hooked up to a two meg cable line.

To kill location idea's. I live in Houston,Tx.

I dont know what cause's this issue but I agree it should be a Top Issue for resolution.

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-04-19 23:16   
So there we agreed there is a problem, I just hope it gets fix before I get tired of paying for something I cant hardly play at times.

I like being in the Lobby but the MV is my gravy and without gravy the steak doesn't taste that good.

Email James Bum007
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-04-30 14:04   
Lag has always shown up - but there are ways to compensate (aka, paranoid flying assuming you're going to hit and the game may lag you at any time)

Right now it's playable for me - but a month ago it was hellacious. Turned out it was my router/802.11g -- connected to the same router via ethernet and most of the problem disappeared. I too am way over spec although not as much as some. 3mb Cable, Athlon2500+ 1GB Dual-DDR Abit NFS-7 128mb Radeon 9600SE

The lowest frame rate I've noticed at any time that I've checked is 50+ and latency is always less than 140ms.

Nax

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-30 14:24   
Enh, as if the developers and admins actually want the game to have play issues.

Email Gideon
Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-30 18:03   
I'll move this to the general support forum.

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Southpark
Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-30 18:09   
i think faustus made a half-acknowledgement of the problem in a previous post, there is some kind of communication bug that is affecting broadband players for some reason, i can't think of any reason why 56k would be fine, and broadband would be plauged with this control issue, but supposedly they are "looking at it"..

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-04-30 18:51   
Im not going to lie, I have lag problems too.

But its weird, because its never all the time, sometimes a lag, sometimes im lag free.

Theres always the occasional lag spike or chat lag, but its nothing big.

Other times I lag so bad the only way to clear it is to restart my internet.

Also, James, ive lost tons of ships i ( 2Heavy Supplys, 4 EADs, 2 stations, 3 carriers,1 frigate,2 cruisers) In approx. 8 days. Some of them modded, some not. And it really hasnt hurt my profile cause ive always gained the prestige back rather quickly *grin* so I havent yelled at the admins to comphensate.

Itll be fixsed when its fixed, just be patient, we all love this game, and no doubt the Admins do too, otherwise they wouldve sai "i give up" and shut down the game.

-Ent

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-30 21:45   
Quote:
THIS IS NOT LAG, IT IS A BUG.

I've waited for minutes for this problem to clear, it never does, without restarting the client, and sometimes that doesnt work first time either.

I have DSL 384Kbps on 1:1 contention, DS rarely uses more than a fraction of that, it peaks at about 38kps, and averages ~29kps. My ping is typically 120-140ms.

My PC is a 2.1Ghz with 800Mhz FSB and 1Gig of DDR Ram, RAID Disks. It is fully patched XP and drivers, and running a very light software load.

I disagree. i was playing on a 450 64 megs ram blah blah Pentium 2....... i NEVER lagged, only lost my helm.

i get new computer, bingo suddently everythigns fixed. coincidence? methinks not.

Quote:
dude u havent been around long enough to comment on this it lagged before the patch came out and the worst thing of all is 1.480 was way better even with the lag.......

people have more than one account. dont tell me how long ive been around.

Email Meko
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025099 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR