Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » just an idea for the future
 Author just an idea for the future
kaskhaar
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-25 11:51   
just a thought

In meta today with the abundance of resources there is no limit to how manny ships you can spawn from a SY planet. I find sometimes grate mening i dont have to jump into battles, but on the other side it makes it almost impossible for a fleet with superirity in nr. to take a guarded sy planet (unless you mass invade).

One "solution" is to reduce resources, or setting a max cap on amount storable on planet (can be done by building storages..more storages means more res on planet) (also mean you can build storage planets near sy for resource shipping...)

Another idea i had was to implement crew ito ships. Crews can be trained at academies. This means that a planet can have a fixed nr of trained crew depending on nr of academies (would regenerate as inf do). A spesiffic class of ship would have a max/min cap of crew)

To make the consept of crew more interesteing you can link the nr of crew to the operational status of the ship. with min crew you can opperate basic weapons and navigations..more crew = more weapons on ship available.

To draw the consept to another level you can allso implement crew exp (comes form combat exp (reduces suicide missions)). the more experienced crew the faster your weapons reload/repair/supply/build and mine.

Another ida is that caping ships can be linked to this as well...Inf kill off crew...

this allso mean that you can build academy planet (build ship (comes with minimal crew for simple navigation) and fly to another planet (if SY planet dont have anny more crew) to get more)

The use of crew can be solved by adding crew slots (nav crew slot/weapon crew slot/engineering crew slot) lmeening crew can be removed like a weapon and trasferred between ships...

As i sayed, this is just an idea that cought my mind....

cheers...kaskhaar

what now?

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-25 11:53   
far, far, far future..

kaskhaar
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-25 12:23   
totaly agree with ya there...but "the difference between a goal and a dream is the written word"..crew is FAR FAR FAR future, but storage/max cap on res can be done in the far futre

what now?

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-25 17:27   
i like this crew idea.

that way u could basically take out ALL weapons and who arms them in a ship and fill it with marines, and then go cap other ships all the time =)))

Email Meko
Fatal Destruction[formally ZeroG]
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-25 19:16   
Crew idea is a good idea but like others have stated before me here, far in the future, especially with the list of suff the devs have to do to get v1.482 out. There will be a cap/resource limit implemented on v1.482, at least that is the rumor.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-25 21:35   
I remember, in the long past, a crew suggestion...

Part of it's design involved crew dieing if a ship took damage. In fact, at least one crew member would be killed if a ship got hit (even though the armor and shields may take the damage).

You remeber the yutz in just about every combat for Star Trek, who flys accross the room or takes an exploding console in the face even though the ship sustains minor or no damage? Well, that would be the one guy who is eliminated every time a ship is hit.

Email Gideon
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-04-25 21:45   
yea.. seems a bit much.. a crew system would be nice.. maybe if after 50% armor/shields were down crew started dieing..(i mean if its a particle cannon from a group of carrier fighters it would be too quick..)

Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-25 22:27   
yea crew was brought up a long time ago i even believe big F touched on it himself.....

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-26 02:34   
Quote:

On 2004-04-25 21:35, Gideon wrote:
takes an exploding console in the face

Those are the bestest

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-04-26 07:46   
Quote:

On 2004-04-25 21:35, Gideon wrote:
I remember, in the long past, a crew suggestion...

Part of it's design involved crew dieing if a ship took damage. In fact, at least one crew member would be killed if a ship got hit (even though the armor and shields may take the damage).

You remeber the yutz in just about every combat for Star Trek, who flys accross the room or takes an exploding console in the face even though the ship sustains minor or no damage? Well, that would be the one guy who is eliminated every time a ship is hit.

yeh but we wont get to see it will we

seriously though, it just sounsd too complicated, I like my ship management as it is, id prefer a little more, but not alot. Bringing crew into it just adds too much, as if your not concentrating on enough things already to be worrying about little men inside your ship heh.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash (Eng) on 2004-04-26 07:48 ]

Page created in 0.018007 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR