Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » scrapping issues
 Author scrapping issues
DivisionByZero
Cadet

Posted: 2004-04-26 01:10   
I'd like to suggest that the scrapping of items on a planet be made just like building things on a planet... i.e. you need a build device and have to be in range to actually perform this function.

This will solve two problems:

1. People complaining that planets are getting scrapped just before they're capped from a very long distance (i.e. the seemingly unfair ability to perform scorched earth strategies)

2. It will make the engineer ships/build capable ships much more valuable from a strategic perspective. Think you're going to lose a system? ask someone to grab an engineer ship and help with a retreat plan and cripple *just enough* of a planet before the enemy gets it.

This also leaves scorched earth practices viable as a strategy and could help get newbies involved more in the MV with low-end ships available to them.

One of the greatest times I had when I was a newbie was when I was told (by Demorian actually over a year ago when I first started) to get a trannie, load it up and unload on a certain planet. No one else was going to do it because of the various reasons people don't want to play a trannie that is going to die. Basically, I was given a mission and when I successfully capped the planet after the run (and dying), it was a great feeling. Giving missions like that to newbies could really make them understand the team aspects of DS and build them into better all-around players.

anyways, that's my 2 cents.

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-04-26 01:27   
I fully agree the current system of how everything works is seriously borked

Email Beast
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-05-01 07:31   
Borked ? ?

What a word heh, but YES i gree and the long range scorched earth. When the Raven was K'luth we tryed to help the out and OUR fleet was threated by someone from the UGTO i THINK that IF we do not leave a planets orbit he would scrap it. We did cap it before anything happened becasue i keeps him busy with talking and distracked him while we invaded and caped it. With this new system that said person would HAVE to get into a Engerneer and then orbit and scap them and risk being reduced into atoms byt us. THAT is how this scaping SHOULD be .

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Page created in 0.007503 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR