No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Its new, its cool.
 Author Its new, its cool.
Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-30 18:53   
If any of you have heard of nano-bots, you would know that they are microscopic robots. The equivalent we all know of is “repair drones”, the Kluth technology.

We all have a secret envy concerning the Kluth and their ability to leave a battle and return latter without repairs, so I hatched this idea. This idea could be given to either human factions or possibly just one.

The idea is simple and I have chosen, out of laziness, not to go into great detail, but what I was thinking about, was a sort of Repairing Missile.

A missile without a warhead or possibly a beacon-like thing that would be shot into a friendly hull and like a tick, buries its head inside the armor, using its momentum. The place were usually a warhead is smashed and detonated, is filed with nano-bots, that individually contain, the ship specifications of all known UGTO or ICC ships.

Then, since the nano-bots can only work with the remaining armor, not being able to carry any with them, they would gradually cut whatever damage is present, in half.

(Maybe less, also the time it takes to repair would periodically increase depending on the size of the ship)

They do this by, taking the excess: shrapnel, useless wire and floating debris. Breaking them down and reforming them into useful armor and or ship components. Even frayed edges of damaged parts could possibly be used.

This would be very helpful in adding on to the precious few moments that a supply ship cannot reach you in the heat of battle.

Since the UGTO/ICC have been known to spy upon the Kluth, one would have an easy time of figuring out how the UGTO or ICC acquired it.

That’s my idea, now its time for you to flame me to cinders.

Email Ascension(Purge)
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2004-04-30 18:59   
I always thought that ICC and UGTO should have automatic hull repairs too, like the K'luth (since every known damn space combat game in existance has some form of self repairing the hull)

More than likely though, the UGTO/ICC version, would, obviously, not be as efficiant as the K'luth version.

-Ent

Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-30 20:13   
UGTO and ICC ships do self-repair hull, albeit really really slowly.

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-30 21:52   
bad idea. takes the need for supplys out

supplys help make this game great.

Email Meko
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-04-30 22:12   
ICC and UGTO don't have any hull repair ability actually. The only time their hulls repair is when they are a) orbitting a friendly planet or b) at a depot/supply ship.

Email Tbone
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-05-01 07:25   
i "HAVE seen a VERY VERY VERY slow hull regent time when i was flying with the ICC put that was accounted for the crew doing repairs themslefs within the ship. Just like how they will work on systems. and i have seen a slow regen of armor also on UGTO ships maybe casued by the crew places sometype of repalcement armor plating over the bad areas. HOWEVER i would like to see a NANO-BOT tech to be inplaced but the humans to counter the bugs having a automatied reapir device.

BUT IF you give the humans a repair device then the k'luth are way off in left feald once more. IF you are to look at some of the K'luth faction ships you will notice they will have VERY VERY LITTLE armor and this that is why the Dev team gave the K'luth a automated Reapir device. And i reamber reading somewere that K'Luth ships are infatch graffin that have been redid for the K'luths dirty work . Hencefore the ships are alive and organic. thats is why the automatied repair device his there. You cut your self does it not heal in time? So i'm thinking the K'luth ships are alive and then Reapair device is the healing fator of the ships themselfs.

So Gideon how Close is that abouve post to the truth? Did i read somethign right or i'm i messing something up with something else?

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-01 13:23   
If you orbit a friendly planet your hull repairs slowly (at least it did in 1480, dunno about it now)

Email Bobamelius
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-01 23:34   
ICC and UGTO should not have any sort of nono-bot tech for self repairing... I'm sorry folks but that's the way it was meant ot be...

K'luth ships are an incredible choreography between biological, and artificial technology. The artifical machinery and living tissue are so completely integrated that no part of the ship can be Identified as being completely organic or completely mechanical....

ICC and UGTO ships do not carry extra decks onboard their ship to replace sections of the ship that get blown clean off... only extra components to fix damaged ships sytems.

PS: I think that the k'luth auto repair should get a bonus if the afflicted ship has metals in its cargo

actually maybe that could apply to armor and systems for UGTO and ICC

Page created in 0.015265 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR