Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Prestige system problems (Long)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Prestige system problems (Long)
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-05-14 15:40   
~Go Shig!

Goto the website of Grimith
Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-14 15:42   
I didnt wuite take the time to read this all the way through.... (3 pages already)

But, i've been thinking about changes in the rank requirements myself.
What if, rank WAS determined on how many points you had, yet the rquirement was in constatn flux.

Example: You just received your first commision (Midshipman) and begin earning prestige... a couple of days pass and you are already up on lt. cmdr. You decide to take a few days off from duty, but when you return you've been demoted, because someone gained more pres then you.

(Essentialy, the Top-50 pres would be GAs, the next 75 FAs, then 100 Ads and the rest divided into percentages of total players)

That way there will still be 125 ppl out there who can fly stations and 225 ppl being able to fly Top of the Line Dreads, but they would have to keep playing to maintain that status. If you suddenly decide, to take 2-3 months of leave, you would then find yourself demoted back to VA and having to compete to get back up to the real battleships.

This idea brings in 2 new aspects to the game. The number of GA/FA/Ad players will be constant (solving the problem of to much brass at the dinner parties) and a constatn competition between the players

Email Valerius{DK}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-14 16:15   
:| erm...

I dont wanna lose any ships iv played hard to earn the privilage to fly tbh. I cant see that idea catching on. Granted the current system needs tweaking, but nothing major like what you guys are throwing up.

zendrix
Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-14 18:31   
wow nice ideas. and imma well just gonna like put in an extra kinda suggestion.

why not implement time and pres gain together. in other words you gain pres as you are subscribed. however, you gain rank not based on time or pres limit. instead do it like a percentage of the player base. like (just hypothetically and you can change the percentages around) to be a GA, your pres has to be lets say among the top 5% of the player base. and FA would be 10% and so on. that way ppl will have to play and compete with each other thus increasing competition with others and gives more of a point to gaining pres. especially for the GA and FA players who would be fighting to keep thier ranks and bragging rights.

well the main point of my suggestion is to do ranking by percentage of player base (pres. wise) and yea sumwhere along those lines lol.

Email zendrix   Goto the website of zendrix
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-14 19:10   
Yes BackSlash, we know, you don't want to lose any hard earned ships... so we've heard.

Email Shigernafy
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-05-14 19:13   
The whole point of this suggested change is that ships and rank are NOT hard to earn.

hence why the dev team feels the prestige system is inadequate and hence why i bothered to sit down and type that all out in the first place

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-15 00:06   
oke i'm gonna make a short reply

i find 1 prob with limiting the numbers of ppl in 1 rank .. new commer will neva have a chance to gain rank for atleast 2 year unless top rank now get booted out .. even if to rankers don't play now for 6 month it still will takes the new commers a long long time especially since they will not have access to big ship big press earners like ead and Ad .. so limiting the numbers on the rank .. might be good in realllife but not in the game where everyone should haf a chance to catch up

ruff

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.035514 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR