Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Some experiences I made...
 Author Some experiences I made...
Al Gates [-IMO-]
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-12 12:42   
I just reinstalled Darkspace and thought, I could give it a chance again...

I went into the Metaverse and got the first problem:
My ships aren't selectable. It told me where my ships are locked, but how should I know where the planet is?
I tried to find out where Lodeck is. First of all, I asked the other "friendly" players and got no answer. After the 3rd time I asked (I know... it's spam) someone explained me that he and his teammates didn't know where the planet is. In fact he just said "no!"...

Then I tried to check every system ingame but that was too complicated, so I went to the website. There I started to click through all systems and to search for "Lodeck". Only about five minuets later, I found the planet and it said, that there is a port and that the planet belonged to our faction. So I took a ship, tried to reach that planet and to check, what's going on there.

Arriving there, I found out, that there is no starport on the planet and that this is the only reason, I couldn't get my ships.

I think that it's no fun for a player to store his ships on a planet and loose them, just because someone thought it would be funny to scrap the starport...

The ships should be moved again to the nearest friendly port and not to stay locked on a planet without a starport or belonging to the others...

To all: Have fun (I don't have it... )

You will never find out who hit you...

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-12 12:47   
Um, you mean when your ship appears in red text?

Just click the ship and it'll go to the shipyard it's at.

I prefer to log ships in open space so I can spawn at any SY when I log back on.

Email Bobamelius
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-12 12:48   
just pull the ship, it will spawn at the home gate.

yes, yes, we know 90% of darkspace operation is as intuitive as the lectures of your algebra 2 professor..

Al Gates [-IMO-]
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-12 15:19   
well... if you would have read my text carefully, you would have found out, that there is no shipyard on the planet, where the ship is stored!!! so i couldn't select it!!!

Dauphin
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-12 15:28   
build one. That's what I do

Email Dauphin
Gaderath
Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-12 18:50   
Quote:

yes, yes, we know 90% of darkspace operation is as intuitive as the lectures of your algebra 2 professor..

only as difficult as algebra 2? i'd put it on par w/ my Calc 2 lectures... last i checked the tutorial was out of date. the manual doesnt answer 1/2 the questions i hear newbies asking. the newbie server is frequently empty, b/c what good is a newbie server if every1 in it is a noob and cant help each other? the MV is way to intimidating to learn how to play an already hard game. i dont get why they nerfed the scenario servers, regardless of how they wanted to steer the game, it was these servers that taught nearly all of the current player base hwo to play. save the scenarios, restore them to their former glory, keep the MV for subscribing players, lend out the rest of the free trial for the scenario servers and allow the new players a chance to learn how to play before practically forcing them into the MV, where they have no clue.

bit of a tangent, but *shrug*

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-12 23:54   
another apologies for on behalf of few ds players... humm muz be their time of the month hahaha 2 week mate anyway yehh nex time juz log out in space so u can spawn from any ship yard of your choosing when u come back ... bout the planets .. well it'z huge .. it'z massive and i dun't even know how 2 fiiind most planets .. n i've been here over 1 and a half year .. so yehh give it a try again .. and wel if u wanna ask for something juz go to the lobby ... m sure there'z plenty of ppl help u out k .. and those ppl been here not helpful to the new commers .. bewar of my batt .. coz m gonan spank u wif it ..

my welcome to DS for ya all new commer k ...

and dun't let the batty boies chub your fun ..

ruff

Al Gates [-IMO-]
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-13 04:55   
I've been here for nearly three years now and I know nearly all changes that were made. I can assure you, that the latest changes, made - at least for me - the game not really more interesting, but even more boring.

Metaverse is no real fun, because you cannot use your stored ships, if someone scrapped the port... The Metaverse is too big now and the players are much too unfriendly. If you log onto a server, you have to ask 10.000 times where the action is until you finally get a clear answer.

Grandarmiral-Server is no fun, because you need too long to be able to get bigger ships, so you have to fight with frigates most of the time.

I think the metaverse should be changed, so you can find more easily a planet and the position of your teammates....

We will see...

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-13 05:01   
Is it not the case that you can pull those Ships out at the Homegate too?
Or am i mistaken?
I dont know, i never park my Ships in the SYs.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-13 06:56   
Select the ship and ur home gate, no matter if its still red you can spawn it.

Al Gates [-IMO-]
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-13 09:27   
I just tried that, but it didn't work... It always says that the ship is locked to Lodeck.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-13 09:32   
Meh, you can always make a new ship, moding is free, just remove it.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2004-05-13 13:50   
When you log into a server make sure that when you are asking for where the action is to use the /faction command for messages, as the default green text only goes to your fleet (if unfleeted then your fleet ciounts as all the other unfleeted players on that faction).
Unfortunately scrapping a shipyard does cause the ship to get locked there unless the planets is subsequently captured by the enemy, in which case it becomes available to spawn anywhere, although it will still show as red in ship selection, but when choosing it the map wont center on its home planet.
The best tip is to make sure that you log off in mid space somewhere safe; as this means you can choose anywhere to respawn. If you want to change ship or spawn in a new location just log in space, exit to lobby and wait 2 minutes until you rejoin the game. This is effectively the timer that people wanted implemented for changing spawn location.
Proposals to have to 'pay' to mail your ship to another yard may be considered in future. With perhaps differing costs depending on how fast you want it there? Will probably never happen though unless it could be worked into the new economy model.

Goto the website of Drafell
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-13 22:46   
Quote:

On 2004-05-13 13:50, Drafell (Eng) wrote:
Proposals to have to 'pay' to mail your ship to another yard may be considered in future. With perhaps differing costs depending on how fast you want it there? Will probably never happen though unless it could be worked into the new economy model.

Can be done. My idea for this is mission based...
Simply put
Player X wants their ship moved from Planet P to Planet N. Player Y, a newbie looking for some cash decides to grab a tugboat (can't think of a better name) for this purpose. Player Y on accepting the mission gets the amount of money player X budgeted to get it there upon bringing it to the planet that player wants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tugboat (Anyone got a better name?)

Suited only to tow other ships around, it has little cargo space and is very poorly defended. One size of tugboat, Destroyer class. (Cruiser class if it has to be)
Specs I was thinking of...

5 IE Drives (Its gonna be pulling things a bit bigger then it)
1 WH drive
1 Light Armor (Full) (Reactive Sheild for ICC)
1 CL 300 (Disrupter Light for K'Luth) (Full)
2 Tractor Beams (Rear)

The Wormhole Drive is for intersystem travel. Lasts only 2 minuits. Takes 7 min to recharge. Less accurate then Station or JC WHs. Shorter range.
Tractor beams for towing (Obviously)

Size of ship vs size of towed object determins maximum speed. Ships 2 classes smaller (ex Scout to Destroyer) full speed, 1 size smaller, 3/4 normal speed. Same hull size, 1/2 speed. 1 hull size bigger 1/4th speed. 2 hull sizes bigger, 1/8th speed.
If destroyer class, it cannot pull stations. They are too large. If Cruiser class, they can pull anything.

When accepting the mission:
The ship to be towed spawns 50 gu from the planet's surface. (not the center of the ship, the furthest point away from the ship) It is inactive. For special effects you can have the lights off. Sheilds nonexistant. Armor remains, but does not recharge. Can only be towed by the player that accepted the mission. Can be fired on. Can be easily destroyed. If the player that accepted the mission loses the ship, whether frm enemy fire, or ramming a planet, they must pay its EXACT value, and the mission results in failure. Upon arival, the tug must dock the Shipyard to complete the mission (ship follows along into the SY)

In addition there could be a "Troop Transport" mission that is consecutive with this where a player has to transport the ship's crew to the new shipyard before the ship can be reactivated. This dosn't neccessairily have to be the same player. AI ships can be allowed to do this as well.. If they still exist by the time Palestar manages to get around to the Economy System building.

[ This Message was edited by: Baikon on 2004-05-13 22:47 ]

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-14 00:27   
i like th tugboat idea....... but..... missions arnt here yet

Email Meko
Page created in 0.033281 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR