No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New ships
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author New ships
EVA01
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-24 00:45   
hello i dont like the new ships. who ever did the ships need to rethink what they have done.The UGTO has the ICC out guned in all most every ship class and the dread should have more fire power and point defends The scout should not be able to take more then one full wave of fire in the front and who was thinking about point defends for the big ships they get all shotup for fighters and misslies.I also thought that we would get more types of ships.I mean only 5 types of dreads for the ICC? come on. I would think you guys can do better then that. I mean thats why we have to pay to play right?

well. . .I would like to help in make some new ship types you can use all the old skins but i would think you can make more supply ship little a differend type of supply ship for every rank and better builds for the higher ranks as well and I think you can use more types of ships in all classes.Like a dread that is a good point defends ship and a carrier that is a carrier not a ship that jsut has 4 fighters on it well. I could go on for hours but i think i maybe wasting my time.

Thanks For Your Time
EVA01

Email EVA01
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-24 08:59   
I would like to see the light supply ships given ew slots in exchange for their lesser supply capability.

Or in the case of the ICC light supply, perhabs the ability to turn...

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-24 09:23   
Okay, time to wade through this grammatical trainwreck and pull a Barth...

Quote:

On 2004-05-24 00:45, EVA01 wrote:
hello i dont like the new ships.

What new ships?

Quote:
The UGTO has the ICC out guned in all most every ship class and the dread should have more fire power and point defends

Outgunned eh? After the Destroyer class the ICC has more raw firepower then UGTO.

-The AC (ICC) has 5 *FULL* torp mounts, 2 light beams and 1 hvy beam, AND a nuke mine.
-The TC (UGTO) has 2 light and 1 heavy beam, and 5 torp mounts, but only 4 are full arcs.

ICC wins the Cruiser class.

-The Assault dread (ICC) has 6 torps, 4 heavy beams and 4 light beams, AND 4 Weapon slots.
-The EAD (UGTO) has 6 torps, 4 heavy beams, 4 light beams and ONE weapons slot.

ICC wins Dreadnought class.

If you're just looking at raw firepower you need to look again. The EAD is the superior dread, even tho it has less raw killing power then the AD. Why?

EAD has 2 potential reactors, AD has one. This gives the EAD a energy advantage and allows it to deal more damage over time.

EAD has armor, AD uses shields. Armor is not only stronger, but it consumes no energy, whereas shields Do consume considerable energy (almost takes a full reactor load to charge them). EAD presses its energy advantage.

Try and think tactically and fly skillfully rather than just wanting to have more guns than your opponent (even if you DO.)

Quote:
The scout should not be able to take more then one full wave of fire in the front

They can't. Ever been at the recieving end of a barrage from an AD/EAD, up close with a scout? You don't live long enough to see what's shooting you.

And what's with this wanting to nerf scouts? 0_o

Quote:
and who was thinking about point defends for the big ships they get all shotup for fighters and misslies.

Ever heard of the wonderful little device called Pulse Beam?

Quote:
I also thought that we would get more types of ships.I mean only 5 types of dreads for the ICC? come on. I would think you guys can do better then that. I mean thats why we have to pay to play right?

I'm more concerned about stabilizing the game's lag problems right now. And there's alerady too many redundant ships on each faction, fix those before you add new stuff. *Groan* people always wanting everything bigger and better...

I'm not even messing with the rest because honestly I don't understand it...

Forever a proud officer of [-GTN-], the great Galactic Navy
Honor is All

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-05-24 14:35 ]

Email Bobamelius
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-24 10:19   
Quote:

On 2004-05-24 09:23, Bobamelius wrote:
-The EAD (UGTO) has 6 torps, 4 heavy beams and ONE weapons slot.

missed 4 light beams there

any chance i can get that removed?

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2004-05-24 15:45 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-05-24 13:26   
you also forgot armor cause UGTO and ICC are even cause of that
*dreadnought class*

behold the power of paint

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge on 2004-05-24 13:26 ]

Webstar
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-24 13:34   
i hate the ships there not even strong the dred should be about 3 times stronger and the station should hold more torps and the cruisers should have more weapons... and it would be better if we had different ship looks like the missle and combat destroyer they should look different like the minelayer and that it looks like its adapted to its job

-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-24 14:08   
Its not the size of your ship its how you use it

Plus for raw firepower, kluth ships win easy. But they are so different from ICC and UTGO's you cant really compare.

[ This Message was edited by: -Viper- on 2004-05-24 14:10 ]

Dauphin
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-24 14:10   
This thread has me so confused.... we got new ships??

Email Dauphin
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-24 14:16   
Quote:
missed the 4 light beans there

Right, sorry.

Quote:

On 2004-05-24 14:08, -Viper- wrote:
Its not the size of your ship its how you use it

My point exactly.

Email Bobamelius
Quinsisdos^4
Vice Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-05-24 15:08   
I like small ships

-=We Are GTN, You Will Be Fluxed, Resistance is Mandatory=-

Email Quinsisdos^4   Goto the website of Quinsisdos^4
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-05-24 15:22   
You don't like the new ships?

I don't even like the new people .

Cyborg509
Cadet

Posted: 2004-05-24 15:25   
I think the new ships just means how they can be configured now... instead of in the last patch.

Email Cyborg509
Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-24 15:31   
remember that not everyone has been on since the new patch... maybe by new ships he means by what you can equip them with. ex) no cl2k on kluth anymore.

Email Forseth (Ret)
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-24 16:51   
Or he is such an old player that he is talking about way back when the EAD had 5 Flux Cannons as its beams, the Battle Cruiser had 2 side facing flux beams and 2 full beams, the ICC Heavy Cruiser had like Plasma Lasers or something. And the first ICC Dreadnought you got (currently is Missile Dreadnought) had those plasma things and a total different set-up.

Who remembers those days? I remember them fondly.

Fleet Admiral Tbone
Commander of the NSS Red Lobster

[ This Message was edited by: Tbone on 2004-05-24 16:52 ]

Email Tbone
EVA01
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-05-24 19:25   
Dear Dark Space makers,
There are many short coming of many of dark space’s ships. When you go up in rank the ships you have at your deposal should improve as with your skill. Like better mine layers, supply ships, transports, bombers, wormhole ships, attacking and defending ships. When you go up a rank you should get a new ship for every class and type. Ill go in to detail about what I’m talking about.

Supply ships
You would think that if you build a real life supply ship you would make it so that it could defend the damaged ships that come to it or goes too. You could give it some pulse lasers for starts and higher in the ranks you go. More pulse lasers and better shield rating and maybe some rail guns and pulse shield to. You don’t want to make the ship a gunship just a ship that can defend damaged ships from long range attacks. Example have the supply station have 6 reloads , 5 to 10 pulse lasers , 2 or 3 missiles battery and 20 rail guns but not all facing in one area like 5 rail guns to the front and 5 to the back and so on. You can have the fire areas over lap so it can’t put all its guns in one area just when a ship gets too close and tries to fly around the station. I don’t think this would take a lot of time to make just a lot of thought and an understanding of tactics

Defending ships
Defending ships would have one or two types of ship in each class of ships the ship would have high shield ratings. But low firepower, that can shot out troops being drop from transports to the planet or to friendly ships. It would go some thing like this: scout 2 pulse lasers and 2 rail guns , frigate 3 pulse lasers 2 rail guns , destroyer 4 pulse lasers 3 rail guns and 1 pulse shield , Cruisers 4 pulse lasers 4 or 5 rail guns 1 pulse shield, Dreadnoughts 6 to 9 pulse lasers, 5 rail guns 1 pulse shield and Stations, 10 to 15 pulse lasers and 10 or more rail guns. I would like you to make 2 or 3 types of the Dreadnoughts and stations so in the higher ranks you would have better defending ships.

You would have to do this to all classes and types of ships. The style would have be to suit the duty and task of the ship and this would give the player choice over how he or she would play the game and fight the battles. Also many more tactics would be come possible. And you would be better then most games because we have more choices.

Thank you for your time
EVA01

PS: yes I was here in the early days and yes those were some good times. There was no lag

Email EVA01
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021887 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR