No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Setting the bar, Just a little higher.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Setting the bar, Just a little higher.
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-01 03:23   
Everyone wants a new 'uber' GA ship right? good idea? Sure why not.

not what this is about.

i say, Top rated combat player gets a special combat ship that no one else gets..... say a dessey with an extra engin armor/shield and a torp?

and the Top rated Transport player gets a tranny that holds 15 inf instead of 10.

And the Top rated Ship capper would get a frigate, with Extra inf capacity, extra ecm and PD

the list goes on...... scout gets a scout thats has two engins.....

bomber gets a bomber frig with 3 slots and the armor of a dessey........

engineering gets a engy ship with 2 builds and a Lot of PD defence

and only the top palyer gets the ship, so when get gets booted from the title..... the runner up is now the man/woman

anyways, ill leave this open for discussion......
(1.482 patch friendly)

Email Meko
Mystikal
Vice Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-06-01 03:39   
i say no

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-06-01 04:03   
dito :/

sorry mate, thats just a little TOO uber

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-01 05:59   
fair enough =)

Email Meko
c4n0fjuic3
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-01 10:10   

You want a GA ship?
Anything wicked fast, cruiser class with some big lasers and a buncha mines

like 4 mine slots, 5 engines, and 3 cl2k, or for K'luth 4 Disruptors, and a torp or two
and lots of rear mounted Armor!!!!

or something of the sort not too powerful, but loads of fun if you can fly it

Ahem... you want a scout with 2 engines? well the Talon class scout has 3...

you want an uber attack scout? look no further than the Fang class scout, call it an attack bomber... mount 2 reactor 1500's AME, AMJ, leave the ruptor, and 2 F torps

Has about the same aggregate firepower as an Inter Frig

You want an uber destroyer... all the destroyers are uber... except the missile destroyer... which is absoloutly worthless now that you can't mod it up with mines

and oh yeah... the gunboat, which is the short yellow bus of DS

oh... and the claw is kinda pointless too... same thing as the drainer, but with an extra disruptor, and one disruptor switched to a fore mount instead of a full....

I know drainer is being pulled from the game... DO NOT DO THIS, pull the claw if anything

other than that all the ships have their advantages and disadvantages.... except for the Mandbile which has NO advantages whatsoever... it's blatantly the most pointless ship in the game... except some of the defunct ICC scouts like the stealth scout... just compare it to the others and you'll understand my meaning...

oh, and the ICC light sup is pretty useless too.

but now I'm ranting, so... yeah.

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-01 11:22   
If you wanna give Coombie even more ships, go right ahead
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-01 13:07   
Hey if it makes him come back.........

Email Meko
Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-01 13:38   
i agree pull the claw, not the drainer! the drainers gotta be my favoutrite ship! and the claw is all fore=useless !

r00t
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2004-06-01 18:14   
why not have just one open slot for a spare weapon or armour to be used at players discretion for the top 5% of players or something

if that makes sense to you.. :/

I Strangled a Princess!
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-01 18:55   
Personally, if I was the one making this game, I'd just make a souped up "elite" ship based off one of the ship types like a cruiser or Dreadnought, but with more speed/components for the Grand Admiral.

The UGTO should lose their Elite Assault Dreadnought for the Admiral rank and instead get their own Assault Dreadnought like the ICC. Then there can be an elite assault dreadnought added for each faction. Or perhaps their eliteness can be dependant on the faction. Such as ICC get more defensive measures on their elite dreadnought, UGTO get both kicked up a bit, and K'luth get more offensive weaponary.

MishimaYukio
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-01 19:13   
Quote:

On 2004-06-01 18:55, TheBaron wrote:
Personally, if I was the one making this game, I'd just make a souped up "elite" ship based off one of the ship types like a cruiser or Dreadnought, but with more speed/components for the Grand Admiral.

The UGTO should lose their Elite Assault Dreadnought for the Admiral rank and instead get their own Assault Dreadnought like the ICC. Then there can be an elite assault dreadnought added for each faction. Or perhaps their eliteness can be dependant on the faction. Such as ICC get more defensive measures on their elite dreadnought, UGTO get both kicked up a bit, and K'luth get more offensive weaponary.

As if the Kluth weren't offensive enough. (har har)

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-06-01 19:22   
ICC needs a bit better ships for Midshipman i say...

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-01 19:27   
Sometimes I just wish I had 8 slots in my garage instead of 6.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-06-01 21:06   
Down this path is a terrible thing - inflation.

You think it only has to do with money? Think again - one of the most common themes I've read over the last two years is that something is unbalanced, make X stronger. And, of course, were it followed the current ships would look nothing like what they do now or even did yesterday. Even the destroyers would be multi-special slots mounting CL2K's and a dozen torps. The power to fly at 35 (yes a higher top speed) without losing power.

What I like about DS is the balance between ships. Yes, although with rank comes ships - a new pilot can't fly an Assault Dread -- but, a relativly new pilot could fly a drainer -- and flown well they used to give AD's fits unless they were foolish enough to drift into CL2K beam ranges.

Point is, even that 3,000 prestige pilot can compete with that 300,000 pilot even given the lower ranked ships if they're skilled enough AND pick the right tool for the right job.

What might fit is another ship or three being available. No, I'm not a GA, not even a FA (yet) but making a combination ship available that doesn't do anything in particular well but does a few completely separate tasks sorta-ok might be fine. An improved troop ship that happens to be dreadnought sized (with Dreadnought [TARGET] weaknesses is fine. Add a few bomb slots OR a Reload (not both)) and you get an instant FA or GA ship that carries 10-12 inf, maybe has a couple light beams for PD and perhaps 2-3 heavy beams. Not too out of whack but something neat and new to try.

Nax

Nax

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-06-01 23:47   
I think were all chomping at the bit for a few new ships... whomevers class they go to..

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021931 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR