No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Updater stucks at
 Author Updater stucks at
VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-14 14:21   
Hey everyone .....
i had ds running on this computer already 2 or more years ago i think .....
then i uninstalled it ..... what i did now was : dl newest ds software, install it and run it .... i could launch the game screen but if i clicked lobby or tutorial or chose "darkspace-server" from the start menue .... no difference .. always the updater got stuck at : "connecting to 'mirror-server.palestar.com : 9101'

for the first few seconds that window did react ... i could move it and press cancle .... but if i pressed cancle or just wited like 30 seconds that screen didnt respond anymore ...
...the i uninstalled ds and installed the older version i got left ..... the update worked when i pressed on lobby but when it came to the second update the updater gets stuck at "loading local catalog" in the same way like the mirror message screen before .....
now ... when i click lobby ... it happens like explains above .... when i try to connect by any other way ... tutorial or server exe ... it gets stuck with the mirror message ..... :/
i got dx 9
newest nvidia drivers (since today im using an older version someone posted and performance increased =))

my comp:
t-online dsl (using router)
firewall and anti virus (already tried shutting down both)
intel p4 2.4ghz
g-force 4 ti 4200 64mb
512mb ram
dx 9.0b
its a sony vaio comp...

..anyone got any idea ?? =( ..

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-15 06:01 ]

DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-15 18:52   
Sorry to hear you having so much trouble. I'm no expert, but I'll try to help.

Quote:

On 2004-06-15 16:22, VSX-Raptor wrote:

i tried everything ... reinstalling ... rebooting comp in every situation... defraggin...updating network card drivers, waiting for a few hours to let the frozen windows update ..... =(

Looks like you've already tried waiting awhile to see if it eventually connects and updates (like this small thread mentions:http://www.darkspace.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=25654&forum=6&1

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is a bit of a long shot. I noticed you said you were using "t-online dsl (using router)". Do you mean you're using a separate router between your PC and the DSL modem? If you are, (and you haven't set any IP info manually) I would try bypassing the router and plug right into the dsl modem, reboot so your PC gets new IP info, then see if DarkSpace will update. If this works, then there's some router setting that needs tweaked. Unfortunately, I'm not a router expert, but there're others here who are.

DB

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-15 20:15   
...true .... thats the only thing that actually changed since i played ds last time .. the router .. must be the reason .. thanks alot ... im gonna look throu the router settings ... and to the router experts or game masters , if any here, i could need any information about setting router to be ds compatible ... thanks tons =)

twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 01:23   
i might be able to help

just post what router make / model it is if you need some help

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-16 07:50   
...its a Netgear Cable/DSL Web Safe Router Gateway RP614v2

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-16 10:32   
!!! i tried going throu direct connetion without router and i am still experiencing the same problems as before !!!

Page created in 0.014301 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR