Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » damn it
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author damn it
Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-25 07:43   
On windows 98 2nd Edition i went to start,programs,accessories,system tolls,system information.

I found the following:

I seem to have conflicting hardwae. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also my modem info is as follows:

AutoProxyDetectMode Disabled
AutoConfigURL
Proxy Disabled
ProxyServer
ProxyOverride
Internet programs to use connection Yes

Maximum Attempts 10
Wait Between Attempts 5
AutoDisconnect Disabled
Disconnect Idle Time 20

Modem Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax,Voice
Dial-Up Server PPP

Log on to Network Yes
Enable Software Compression Yes
Require Encrypted Password No
Require Data Encryption No

Network Protocols TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI

Use Server Assigned IP Address Yes
IP Address 0.0.0.0
Use Server Assigned NameServer Yes
NameServer Addresses Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Primary WINS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary WINS: 0.0.0.0

Use IP Header Compression Yes
Use Default Gateway Yes

Script File Name

Hope it helps

Email Sc0tTn
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-25 07:57   
Ok, since it seems you can actually connect just fine (as demonstrated with telnet) something really wierd is obviously happening.
This is not a firewall / port / routing / etc.. problem.

The IRQ conflicts described are not a Problem. IRQ sharing is a pretty normal thing, and the only sharing device is the USB controller which should not be a performance problem since you will rarely use the USB interface while for example playing games. In the unlikely case that there is a bug in your USB drivers or hardware interrupt sharing, you could try disabling your USB hardware.

Honestly tho, if Tael has no idea, i am lost too.. He's the expert.. i just write code..
My only tip would be to try and look for problems with your router and/or NIC firmware and drivers.

Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-25 08:11   
well....whatever you, don't go online without the firewall for any length of time...there are many worms and virus sitting everywhere, trust me....i'm behind 2 firewalls, XP's and zonealarm, therefore suggesting it's firewall issue other than having setting your firewall to deny access is unfounded...raptor my specs are somewhat similar to yours, although my ram/rom and graphics card is diff... question i ask is when did you download DS? if it was recently, maybe it's an updated version, i don't know...but i loaded my DS copy from 5mos back or so onto a CD...when i reinstall my OS, i use that copy and it updates automatically after i reinstall it. if you want my copy, couldn't hurt as it works fine, i'd be willing to transfer it to you... like i said it's an older copy, and i've reinstalled it about 3 times and it just updates after it connects to the server. just a thought seeing how nothing else is working

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-26 18:45   
well .. i had ds installed a year ago and it worked .. then i deinstalled .... now i tried this old version which updates .... after the update nothing works anymore .. same with the newest version .... i downloaded 2 versions .. 1 a month ago and another a week ago .. both dont update .. so i guess they are up-to-date .. but they dont work either ...

Hybok
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-26 18:50   
you need to conect to the internet not just try to start palying without connecting

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-27 16:36   
wow you are smart .... -.-

..do i need to connect to the internet to chat with you in this forum aswell ? ....

nah ... .. you are just an npc ... so i dont have to ... -.-

..dude, i got a router.

Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-27 22:03   
lol. I saw in the news somethin about people havin trouble connecting and that they should modify their config.ini file and take out a line metaAddress=

I couldn't find this line of code. Waaaaaaa. looks like i'll have to get a new pc or internet.

Email Sc0tTn
Hybok
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-27 22:22   
hey im not npc if i was though id invade your router and kill it

VSX-Raptor
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-29 06:52   
-to Garion:
well yea same to me ... evil phoenix posted it but i cant find it ... :/ IF it would help .... well i actually gave up already .... kinda...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-to hybok:
...dude what are you ? a toast ? .... tell me whats a router ..... an afrikan animal that eats desert plants ?

'id invade your router and kill it'

..kid .... better go and watch ur cartoons ...... to help you would need to post something intelligent .....

[ This Message was edited by: VSX-Raptor on 2004-06-29 06:55 ]

Sc0tTn
Cadet

Posted: 2004-07-02 04:51   
quite a few people are havin this problem!! Does anyone know why uits happin? I know that at least one other person who is havin this problem is from Australian. Could the ds server be blocking us for some reason?

Who doesn't like a Screeny? (xept 56K users like myself)

[ This Message was edited by: DarkScott {VA} (Dark Angel) on 2004-07-07 01:24 ]

Email Sc0tTn
Fatally chewedtoothpick
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-07 11:50   
It is in your damn nat... Get into your router config and forward the update port to your computer... That should fix it...

Either that, or you have something else using that port... Probably Sony's crapware or something else.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-07-07 12:41   
Chewed could be right - I've seen NAT be the death of more than one online game (totally prevents functioning). One thing I wanted to add with the IRQ's and sharing...reiterating the same statement that sharing is ok. Some hardware doesn't work well with others while sharing IRQ's.

One example tends to be Winmodems that try to park on IRQ 11 along with your video card. I forget the precise explanation, which probably isn't very relevant. But, although on most OS's you can manually reassign hardware to differnt IRQ's, sometimes you have to do it the old fashioned way and physically relocate the card to a different PCI slot.

About USB. Although it's made great strides, I've never felt that it's always reliable. If you're using it for anything critical (think you wrote you're using a NIC so this doesnt apply), try an alternative.

Nax

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.036031 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR