No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Petition to do away with the third faction (KLUTH)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Petition to do away with the third faction (KLUTH)
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:09   
Ok, I have heard it mentioned before, why not ditch the kluth altogether, or at least make them an AI faction?

There are not many kluth players and with just 2 factions it seems the war might get a bit more evenly divided. Make all kluth tech available to the UGTO and ICC.

It seems that focusing the game on a UGTO/ICC war would be easier for devs too.

What do yall think?

Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:12   
No

Strom"DaBum"Moon
Cadet
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:12   
No!

zendrix
Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:15   
what they said

Email zendrix   Goto the website of zendrix
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:21   
heck no.
if kluth is gone, then ugto wont have anyone to thow thousands of fighters at

(well except for icc, but they pulse)

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:21   
Do it!

Wait... Quisty wouldnt have a home...

Ill get back to you on this one

Polkovnik Pariah
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:23   
A) This does not belong in the Soap Box. This should be moved to the suggestions thread, as it its Darkspace-related.

B) Where's the cane my grandfather gave me... oh, yes, here it is... Now, you see, back in the day... there were scores of K'luth players, and many complained about how strong and bugged the K'luth ships were. I'll admit that I did, and when I think about it, I was just angry because I hadn't yet found a way to kill the K'luth ships. Now I know how. Despite the fact that there doesn't seem to be a lot now, they've proven themselves adept in holding their ground from time to time, despite the fact that they melted down before the Metaverse reset occurred.

C) I think the idea is absurd. There are a lot of players that still love to be the K'luth, no matter the ideas that are floating around about the K'luth ships being nerfed, and they'll continue to love playing as the K'luth. That's all there is to it. Besides, it adds a little more excitement to the game. If the K'luth were not in the game, this would be just a civil war game. The exotic bit would be completely removed (as you must admit, space alone is not that exotic anymore).

Now, your suggestion does hold a small amount of merit. There isn't a massive player body in the Metaverse most of the time. However, by removing the K'luth, you would be alienating many players, who instead of joining other factions, would probably just quit the game altogether. If, for some unknown reason, the K'luth were removed, I would stop playing this game.

And that's why, even though the suggestion sounds like a nice attempt to try to get bigger teams and bigger battles... it will just not work.

Long live the K'luth.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:27   
Not going to happen. Period.

Email Shigernafy
Warpath81
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:32   
*me still lurking on the boards*

Back when I played this game all the time, I had a very strong and long petition to do away with the kluth. I still strongly believe the introduction and attempted balance with the kluth is the death of this game.

I still strongly believe this. I always had fun on Scenario servers because you could play games without the kluth. I would leave games with the kluth in them about 7/10 times.

I remember back in the demo days, pre-kluth, the game had an almost magical balance to it. All the ships seemed to balance decently, the game was fun and engaging all the time. When you came on to the game, you always asked what was needed because there was such a balance to the gameplay you needed certain ships to play well.

Almost all of that was lost when kluth was thrown back at us at retail launch. It got even worse with the additon of modifications. Don't get me wrong, I played this game hardcore for over a year, but I still think the reason Darkspace is stalled and the very foundation of its flaws is a disasterous game design concept that should have been competely done away with or at the very least 100% overhauled at conception.

But then again, I guess some people like it, and that is just my opinion.

Email Warpath81   Goto the website of Warpath81
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-06-15 22:34   
yay finally some one said it! down with the kluth! its not like they matter! [/sarcasim] idiotic idea. reasons have been stated.

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2004-06-15 23:29   
I say lets add a new alien faction

they can be luminecent and so the ships can glow... less black is more free memory

Muahahahaha

and make the MV bigger

oh yeah multi processors would help with lag also better video formating would be good

instead of seeing things get smaller and simpler make them bigger and more challenging

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-15 23:36   
One Word: Miir

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 00:01   
Quote:

On 2004-06-15 23:36, Darkspacian wrote:
One Word: Miir

#1) They aren't called that anymore.

#2) Even if they were, you spelt it wrong.

And spavixx, if you are planning to suggest to get rid of an entire faction, I suggest you put some thought and research into it first, and not put down some half-assed "reasons."

[ This Message was edited by: Tbone on 2004-06-16 00:02 ]

Email Tbone
CowboyFunk
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 00:12   
N O ! I might be UGTO but I still love the K'luth. so why not demolish the ICC instead?

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 00:16   
OK first to all the pea brains that attacked me and my idea rather than respond intelligently, screw off. Secondly I knew it would never happen, I was just curious as to how others felt, and that is why the suggestion was in "Soap Box" rather than "Suggestions". Even if 90% of players liked the idea, I know it would never happen. I was merely taking a poll, I will admit I am quite surprised at the emotionally charged reactions some of you posted.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026002 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR