No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Petition to do away with the third faction (KLUTH)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Petition to do away with the third faction (KLUTH)
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-06-16 00:59   
Quote:

On 2004-06-15 22:12, Quisty [Rougue for mod] wrote:
No

how long since you been in the MV, ? and wth happend to your web site?

Make the Kluth AI, or get rid of them..

there's barley enough people to fill in 1 faction let alone 3.. But what the hell do i know..? why dont we just put in a forth and a fifth.. oh wait were waiting for things to get done.. bah..

[EN2W33K5]CharAznable

Warpath81
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 02:55   
The reason this is such a charged topic for me is because, as many of the "older" true vets will remember, I was a very strong supporter of doing away with the kluth a long time ago.

When they first came on the seen, DD actually played as kluth for a time to try out this new faction. I pulled us back to ICC and was completely against the kluth because, even playing as them, you could "feel" an inherent flaw in how this race functioned in the dynamics of darkspace.

I used to even wear a tag that symbolized my down with kluth stance, and got in many discussions with lots of vets, both for and against my ideas, on the subject.

I think if the original feeling of Darkspace had been preserved and the kluth had never been introduced, I would still play Darkspace to this day, despite the problems. When I found out Scenario servers were on the axe block (which means I would be forced to play with kluth all the time) i unsubscribed and moved away from Darkspace. They are the single greatest reason I no longer play this game.

I don't mean that to whine. Some people enjoy the diversity they bring to the game mechanics. I respect that, though I think overall it is flawed, and am happy they find joy in this game design. I, however, will always stand up against the idea of the kluth race in this game and will rejoice if one day they are finaly removed.

Email Warpath81   Goto the website of Warpath81
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:32   
Quote:

On 2004-06-16 00:01, Tbone wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-06-15 23:36, Darkspacian wrote:
One Word: Miir

#1) They aren't called that anymore.

#2) Even if they were, you spelt it wrong.

If they were called like that then he would have spelled it right...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Thiresias
Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:33   
NO!

Email Thiresias
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:34   
Quote:

On 2004-06-15 22:27, Shigernafy wrote:
Not going to happen. Period.

You ppl might as well stop voting the DEV team has spoken, btw i agree whit em Kluth are the one thing that can provide whit some variety in the MV, having to fight 1 enemy all the time gets on your nerves

- Axi

Aspro
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:48   
NO

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:55   
Keep Kluth, do away with ICC and UGTO!!!!!!!!!!

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Chosen of Chaos{Dictor Lord}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-16 06:29   
Kluth must stay there my life *cries*

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-06-16 07:22   
UGTO sux get away with em ;P

Majin Buu
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2004-06-16 08:06   
if anything, put more factions in, don't due away with any

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 09:04   
One thing i havent heard anyone mention is the addition of alliacences in the next patch. I see this as spiceing up the MV greatly. You will see clans allying with clans regaurdles of thier faction. This will bring more of the sit on the sideliners back as well as cause a great deal of infighting in the factions (UGTO vs UGTO, Luth vs Luth and ICC vs ICC). You will have oppourtunitys for battle yet to be seen in DS. It is my hope though that it does not cause any serious personality conflicts between people once freinds and now into blood fueds.

Email HaVoX
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-16 09:26   
I say DO NOT remove the K'Luth... well I've played DS while K'Luth was removed FOR BETA but note that the idea of DS always included the 3 factions so those that says they should remove the luth because they break the balance are wrong BECAUSE K'luth where always present just not active most of the beta...

If you want proof, I remember seeing a 3 Gate during some Senario Missions during beta.

Now I hope you wont remove the luths from the game...It's better to have a 3 race/faction to create Chaos

stuck in Univercity limbo

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 09:45   
Wow I was unaware that they were going to ad the ability to fight within factions, 2 years ago when I posted more than once on the topic I was told "no", "never", "stupid idea", etc..... but that would really get things moving. To those who misunderstood me, I like the Kluth, my first fleet was a Kluth fleet, I just am a little bored with DS and the MV has gotten so monotonous that a change of some sort IS needed. I would be all for adding factions and stuff too if we had a player base to support it. I am not complaining though because I remember a few months ago thinking this game was past dead and yet more people came and now we have at least a usable amount of people. My post was NOT an attack against the Kluth, I just like the idea of a 2 faction war and I had a lot of fun back in the pre Kluth days.

To Tbone in particular, you responded to me personally and not my idea, you will find that I never speak (or post) without giving thought to what I am saying, and I have thought this out a lot more than I actually should have, after all it is just a game. Any suggestion or idea I have or ever will post is only in order to promote a better gaming experience for all of us.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 13:48   
Regarding both Warpath and CharAznable's most recent posts:

Yes, the Kluth are not going away. As much of a complicating factor as it may add to balance, they're just not leaving. We value the variety and whatnot of them... well, I guess I can't think of an eloquent argument at the moment, but the fact remains: they're here to stay.

Given that, though, I agree with Warpath that the most fun I ever had in DarkSpace was back when there were two factions, a beautiful resource system (limiting what you could field based upon the strength of your planets), and somehow a better feel of balance to ships. I honestly don't know what was different about ships then - maybe it was that since you couldn't mod them, everyone knew exactly what you were up against and could react accordingly, and they were balanced well, because there was only one possible configuration - but they performed beautifully. Like Warpath said, you'd join a server and "what's needed?" was actually valid - now you get "Combat!" 90% of the time, and supply the rest. Additionally, there was a big emphasis put on proper resource management and engineering, because without it, your ships were crap. There was also the exceedingly annoying yet brilliantly effective tactic (especially for the ICC - damn bomber destroyers!) of nuking planets before resources could get off the ground. You could hobble your enemy by making a quick strike against them 20 minutes into the game (if not sooner).

Now, scenario's don't work quite as well for a quick game... which is sad, in a way. It was nice to hop in for a quick game. I do enjoy the MV, but the ability to just take 10 minutes to fight was nice.

Of course, the prime factor was probably the closeness of the community back then, too... we still have a great community, but back in beta and soon after release, the place was small and intimate enough that you literally knew everyone in the community. I could hop in a game and be guaranteed to have friends to play with - and my primary motivation is flying with friends. If nobody with whom I like to play is online, you will not see me in game - I really only go in if I have a partner. That's just what's fun for me. And back then, I could always find someone - like Warpath, busily building the Boonies, me working my hardest trying to protect him and our resource-producing planets... (I still remember those days, Warpath!)

But enough reminiscing... I'm a Dev now, and I do support our current direction. We just need to pay close attention to how the game works.. and fix communications.

Email Shigernafy
Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-16 14:04   
No.

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.039277 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR