No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Not enough players going K'luth. How can this be fixed?
 Author Not enough players going K'luth. How can this be fixed?
Arch Angel
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:19   
It has always been the case that K'luth has had a small player base. I don't think it's because ship design or tactics to playing K'luth. I think it is because that K'luth are excluded from a lot of the scenarios. The new players that come to the comunity don't get to see the beauty that is K'luth and end up joining Ugto or the Iccies.

It might be a good idea to include the K'luth in more senarios in an attempt to balance the player base for factions.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:34   
Quote:

On 2004-06-16 03:19, Arch Angel wrote:
The new players that come to the comunity don't get to see the beauty that is K'luth and end up joining Ugto or the Iccies.

You cant see the beauty of the Kluths since they always fly cloaked
Their explosions are nice though

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:35   
simple, get PB back

- Axi

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-06-16 03:47   
atm, the reason why there are not many kluth players is purely down to the fact that Kluth are the hardest race to fly.

Of course, what this means is that only the most die-hard kluth players are still with us, having seen the mass exodus of players to other factions, the same players who prefer the easy route. This can be seen in the fact that UGTO now has the largest playerbase by far, mainly due to the Carrier and Battle Dread (Weapon-Slot based ships) being viewed as the "best" in the game.

Of course, I dont blame these 'Fair Weather Players', its human nature, just funny to think that I started as UGTO back in 1.479, when most ppl considered Kluth to be the Uber race, and UGTO as the weak link. Now I find myself back in that same situation, only reversed and this time, I can count my allies on 2 hands, not 1.

[ This Message was edited by: Darksworde on 2004-06-16 03:51 ]

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Tzunamii {Cmdr}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-16 05:58   
Well, the K'luth ships have also been nerfed and isn't was they used to be.

When I first played DS (a few years ago with a diff account) the K'luth had a major advantage if their ships were used correctly and strategy applied.

I hope the K'luth gets back their better cloaks and have an overall tuneup regarding to slots/hull.

As it is now a K'luth dread can be eradicated from behind rather easy with a suppy correctly outfitted. Dictored of course.

Anyway, I hope the K'luth will have a bigger playerbase in the future.

Regards,

/Tzunamii.

< Ecce homo. Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum. Pax Vobiscum. Esto perpetua >

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 06:36   
Quote:

On 2004-06-16 03:35, Axianda wrote:
simple, get PB back

No more Mines + Connection lag = Looking for better game.

A lot of PB members who left Ds for another game complained about the Connection problems that Faust is currently fixing.
And the limiting of mines (a weapon used by a lot of PB members) really removed the last bit of fun.

As for coming back, i know i wont be coming back anytime soon. Ive invested to much money in Eve to leave it.
I know Kc aint coming back either, he likes that real life thing now... :/

I know Defiant, Morpheus and Azure have subscribed to eve as well so they might not be coming back anytime soon either.

Chosen and Hitman23 are both still subbed in ds, so they dont count as away either.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-16 09:33   
Quote:

On 2004-06-16 03:47, Darksworde wrote:
atm, the reason why there are not many kluth players is purely down to the fact that Kluth are the hardest race to fly.

Of course, what this means is that only the most die-hard kluth players are still with us, having seen the mass exodus of players to other factions, the same players who prefer the easy route. This can be seen in the fact that UGTO now has the largest playerbase by far, mainly due to the Carrier and Battle Dread (Weapon-Slot based ships) being viewed as the "best" in the game.

Of course, I dont blame these 'Fair Weather Players', its human nature, just funny to think that I started as UGTO back in 1.479, when most ppl considered Kluth to be the Uber race, and UGTO as the weak link. Now I find myself back in that same situation, only reversed and this time, I can count my allies on 2 hands, not 1.

*Me points towards My AC*

I've killed alot of ships with my AC now(usualy I have an harder time agaisnt TC and GBD then BD, CD and EAD)

Oh and you know what? I found a good use for the Pulse Shields... KEEPING MY SHIP NOT DESTROYED

As for BD to be powerfull... they only cause mass destruction when they SD under a station... My advice is to NOT fly a slow moving ship like that exept if you plan on Attacking from Affar

stuck in Univercity limbo

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 10:58   
btw I am one of those players who always stick with one faction, namely ICC
I know how hard it is for the Kluth because I can remember ICC being the underdogs, though I had the most fun at that time

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Peachy
1st Rear Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-06-16 11:44   
just came out MV 37 players of which 2 were kluth. Not much you can do especially since every attempt on a planet is met by a rush of 5 uggies.

Can the scenario format, where if one team is full non fleet affiliated players get bumbed onto another faction, be implemented?

I personally like the less players = higher pres gain idea.

See what happens with the next balance patch, but if its going to be a while how about letting us have cl2ks back.

pretty please.

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-16 11:55   
Now now... theres more to life tha mines... although I mis my miner scarab... and the miner AC... and the miner stinger

But give me a break... I demolish TC's and EAD's regularly with my Drainers and Claws...

The destroyers are the K'luth's redeeming quality, but it's those damn Psi Cannon BD's that always get me. Psi is near impossible to dodge under 200 gu which is where I like to fight, and that, combined with the stupid larvae a lot of the BD's and carriers seem to carry, have caused me the loss of many of my favorite ships.

All I ever see UGTO flying is Battle Cruiser and Battle dreads...

I see the occasional EAD, or TC, and I smash it.. but those psi BC's and BD's just drive me nuts

[ This Message was edited by: Kat [Babycakes] on 2004-06-16 11:56 ]

Page created in 0.017726 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR