No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Building Reasearch Question, Suggestion
 Author Building Reasearch Question, Suggestion
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-06-20 16:27   
Question: Is there Supposed to be a Delay in the planets Recognizing Tech levels?

Suggestion, please cut this 0ut so builders can move on and not waste over an hour per planet. Or if this is your intent please add some kind of tetres to the F3 screen.

[ps]

Please Add and feature to the StarPort that will allow for Faster modding and Release us from haveing to Hit the F3 button Multiple times just for a few items. TY

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2004-06-20 17:15 ]

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-20 16:41   
Tech is building up like population now. The labs only increase the maximum level of tech on the planet not actually make the tech go up to that point instantly.

Val

p.s. if this was not what you meant then just ignore it

p.p.s. yeah a feature like that would be good, its realy annoying when the port is on the other side of the planet.

Email Valerius{DK}
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-06-20 17:09   
Thanks Val, but what is the Factor that increases Tech lvl?, like scraping inf = more pop. To me it just feels like time wasted, and something that DS should be trying to Fix other than Something that was implemented.

Lets face it, there are more people here To hit the space Bar than to hit the B key. If you dont belive me than look at the combat prestige compaird to the Construction prestige in the rankings.

Am i saying that building should be fazed out?, NO, thats not what i am asking. I am just asking for some Relief from the waiting. heck Even a Timmer would be Great! so that way I knw i can go Do something else. Because normally i go do something else instead of build.

I am easilly amused person, but building and waiting for reasearch is annoying even to me. As realistic as this is trying to be, I think were focusing on the wrong area first if this game is trying for some more realism.. coughplanetscough.. by my point is not to poke fun or to whine, the feel that the "Tech Timmer" gives me is one of a bug.. which comes off in the newbie server as
Quote:

"WHY THE HELL dont this Dam thing WORK $^*&^%$&%" - Random Newb

-Just my 2 cents

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2004-06-20 17:10 ]

Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-21 02:33   
well what i do when i am building to relieve the boredom of waitng is build 3-4 planets at once 5 can realy keep you going and 6 you need some coffee from goin buggy at least your not bored waitin for tech because in most instances there is little or no waitin

probably not helpful,

but i gotta go now my tech is probably up

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-21 03:07   
i think what hes reffering to is the tech lag.

it takes 10 tech lvl to get depot.
u build colony base. so your research is ten.

once the tech lvl has been increased to ten, you still cant get a depot.
u build another research lab, and when tech hits 11, Bingo u can build depot. this is what hes talking about i think. i know the Purfect solution for this. "refresh" button in the f3 screen to send an update to your computer.

also for the star ports being on the other side of the planet...... what r u tlakign about, if u orbit a planet u can access the star port even if your farther than 250 gu out. and as for finding it, press ctrl-p. hell, ctrl-y for shipyard and ctrl-r for depots while your at it.

anyways, nature calls.

(sleep sickos)

Email Meko
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2004-06-21 03:08   
Quote:

Thanks Val, but what is the Factor that increases Tech lvl?, like scraping inf = more pop. To me it just feels like time wasted, and something that DS should be trying to Fix other than Something that was implemented.

More pop = faster tech research. So getting your population up to 70+ rapidly will enable you not to have to sit around for an hour waiting for the tech lvl to increase. So build lots of barracks (8+)and scrap inf for pop. Having more labs doesn't increase the research time. It just increases the lvl cap.

Goto the website of Drafell
twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-21 04:55   
As for the thing about modding, did you know you can press ctrl p to select the closest starport? Happy modding

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-06-21 05:53   
Personally, I think it's an error in code for how tech increases.
Yes, it's the same thing that Meko re-described.

Tech goes up and it visibly says it's at 10/20/30 or whatever you need precisely to build something. The game will not allow you to build that item until after the following timed update (1 minute intervals).

Nax

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-21 08:52   
Research determines Tech Level cap and growth. The higher your research, the more you gain per tick. The higher your pop, the more you gain per tick. A good strategy to get tech fast is to have 120 or more research, get it up to your desired level, and scrap unneeded labs.

As for the "im at the exact tech level for building x but it's still not available"... i think that's a bug, might be a minor one to fix. For now, just get your research a little higher, 1 minute rarely means the difference between salvation or damnation.

kaskhaar
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-21 11:13   
for those of you who have problem remembering hotkeys for depot/SY/starport theres always the buttpanel down to the left....

what now?

[Free]Dop-erwt
Cadet

Posted: 2004-06-21 12:08   
btw that ctrl-r function is useless it gives you the closest planet lately, wich is very frustating

disfunction is a function

former fleets: -uepg- =IT= -IL-

Goto the website of [Free]Dop-erwt
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-06-21 12:33   
~it usually selects the nearest planet

~however, if the nearest planet has one or more depots on it, the closest depot will be selected

~additionally, the there is a supply ship closer to you than the nearest planet, that player will be selected (including yourself if youre flying a sup)

Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-21 12:53   
meh, i just like the old tech tree, at least u could make tech go faster with 10 labs

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-06-21 12:55   
Ty, to all those that wished to enlighten me on the [ Cntrl+P ], But, there is something that maybe i didnt make too clear on the modding aspect. What I was trying to get accross is that it would be nice to have a Section in the F3buildscreen (or multiple places) where one could see what they have in there cargo so as not to need to hit or "Repeat" a sequence of buttons to regain access to the Starport. So we could achive quicker desired modded ship level.

-CharAznable

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2004-06-21 13:01 ]

Page created in 0.025994 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR