No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » failure to initilize display...
 Author failure to initilize display...
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-22 13:09   
i have a strange problem, i have run setup and played the game so i should'nt be getting this message...please run setup blah blah, when i check setup for my current settings they are as i set them before ie: lowest settings. i never had this problem until i installed dx 9b and nvidia driver 56.72... for some reason if i reinstall the driver and restart the computer then ds will run normally (i have to do this every 2 days) which is a bit strange.ive tried variations such as a simple restart to no avail it must include the reinstall of the driver.all other games run fine it's only ds that seems to be affected for some reason.since i can play and this is only a minor inconvenience i'm not overly concerned, however i fear my duct-tape and haywire solution to the problem will cease to work someday, and would like to find out the real reason for this occurance.if anyone has any insight please respond. others that wish to post telling me to upgrade my lame graphics card please dont bother, it worked fine before.

tnt2 32 meg card
dx 9b
driver 56.72
2.6ghz celeron (no need to post about this either)
win xp home (or this)
256 meg ram

btw i am reinstalling the driver from the zip i downloaded from nvidias website.

Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-22 22:40   
bump

twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-06-23 00:58   
Well im not going to post to say upgrade your lame graphics card, so dont worry.

What I am going to do is tell you to downgrade your lame graphics card driver. Find an older version of the nvidia detonator refence drivers and use these if they worked before, no sense in installing new drivers if everything worked fine before, you just get random problems like this. If you need some help finding some older drivers then find me online sometime and if it comes to it I can email you some.

Edited for spelling

[ This Message was edited by: twitch on 2004-06-23 00:59 ]

Page created in 0.007256 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR