No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fleet Admin Priveledges
 Author Fleet Admin Priveledges
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-07-10 00:42   
As we see it right now, being a fleet admin doesn't carry much weight around outside of a given fleet. This needs to be different. There should be different, as there should be more for a fleet admin to do for his fleet.

Coordinating with other fleets tactically is fine: as long as they are online in the MV, you can tell them what you want to do with them. Strategically is another story. Planning an invasion is a bit more difficult, as you may not be able to get a hold of the fleet leaders, or certain members of the fleet.

I propose this: Have fleet admins be able to post in other factional fleets forums. For example, my fleet wants to plan an invasion of Sol, but we lack the numbers, and the necessary bombers. So we (one of the S.W fleet admins) posts a message thread in the *TS* forums asking them if they would be willing to come along, and the time and date. Bada bing, strategic coordination.

There is a potential for abuse, like spam from silly folks, so obviously there would be a check box for allowing the posts in the "edit fleets page. As said, you would only be able to send messages to your same faction's fleets. And watch who is made a fleet admin.

Post, flame, suggest.
Bito

Puppies gotta die, too.

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-10 02:15   
bada bing ba da boom .. now y didn't i think of it .. yehh restricting forum for fleet admins of the same faction .. is a very valid up grad we need and i'm sure there ain't much work need to achieve that rite ? i mean yehh we been lacking a place to stratagies and place to let notice .. and cordinate with other fleets of their own faction this is a very valid way to do it i think ... and how all the admins and dev want to promote TEAMWORK wel i think this is a very valid venue to achieve that .. i ask really hard that who eva is in responsable of these sorta things take a very look at it and consider it plz .. thank you

lil oyl me
ruff

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-07-10 02:49   
i think it is a good idea bito... would go a long way to unifying the factions and make it easier to co ordinate offensive and defensive tactics as needed..

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-07-10 03:39   
its a good un

n1 hun

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-10 04:19   
Okay... in my eyes, this is a silly idea, cause we in Evil do not think of fleet admins like that. We don't have privileges, we have duties. Everyone is equal in Evil, only difference is that the admins have the additional duty of doing fleet management. In no way are our admins superior to the other members. Implementing this would in effect force privileges (posting in other forums) to our admins, thus negating our whole "We're all equals" philosophy.

Just my €0.02

Rock

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-07-10 12:48   
I like it.but it should be a POST only ability.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-07-10 12:55   
rock you have to remember that is only your fleet form of rank .. as big as it may be you r btw still 1 fleet out of many and beside if u r not in trested in use of it , not like you gonna get effected in anyway it'z just 3 forum for individual faction fleet admins .. so for those fleet who don't wanna use it thatz fine but m sure many fleets will be happy to cordinate and stratagise along with other fleets .. so here my

another 2 cents

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-07-10 13:03   
I know that there are definitely some plans to make such improvements in future versions, perhaps 1.482. Ask Gid.

-Dem

JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-07-10 13:28   
Post only sounds like a good idea: not being able to view any other threads than what you posted.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-07-10 13:55   
Rock, don't think of it as a "priveledge" then. Think of it as your duty as a fleet admin to coordinate with the other K'luth fleets in order to capture the MV and oppress the Human hordes. The idea is not to promote in-game classes, but promote strategic coordination, which is severely lacking.

Anyways, something needs to be done to promote fleet unity more than it is. A lot of the time you see each fleet doing its own thing, and it leads to bad MV strategy.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Page created in 0.014786 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR